+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1514Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

"Just another instance of her doing her "one-up-ness" that she does so often but especially with Carol.....her titled rival."

Her higher-titled rival, at that! You know that this just eats Luann up!!!
    Coco46 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Bethenny's true story is on right now
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    "Just another instance of her doing her "one-up-ness" that she does so often but especially with Carol.....her titled rival."

Her higher-titled rival, at that! You know that this just eats Luann up!!!
    so true....you could see it on Luann's face when the guy was trying to be cute and funny, pointing out Carol as a princess and him as a queen. That itself was pretty lame...you could tell he had it planned out in advance, thought it was hilarious and it kind of fell a little flat....but I loved it just seeing Luann. You could tell she really really wanted to jump up and shout 'But I'm a Countess!"
    so everyone would know. Lord, I think she's made the whole world aware of her phony title. How transparent and pathetic she is and has no idea whatsoever what people think about her.
    Debb70 likes this.

Thanks for posting that Phonegrrll. Good dancing and I can see that Ramona and Sonja look like they are getting along ok at that April show.
    You can do it!

FORT Regular

Hilarious when Carole played the "one - up" game on Luann and Luann didn't even realize what was going on.

Wtf was with that so called singer? I was sure it was a SNL skit,lol
    Punkin, Lizard and sparklete like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I get what Ramona was saying about Heather during tonight's show - for the first time.

Heather is the kind of person who doesn't waste time, mince words, or hang out with people she doesn't care for. Her world is very orderly and structured. If there isn't a need or desire for you in that world, she'll dole out some common courtesy types of interactions, but that's about it.

I think the excessive talking (which I noticed in various clips during tonight's show), is her way of controlling people who she encounters. She only lets them in to the discussion when/if she is ready.

I also don't think Ramona is someone she doesn't have much interest in and therefore, inviting Ramona into her structured world probably was phony/superficial. This is what Ramona is fussing about.

We all do what Heather does, i.e. "select" people who work in our worlds, but we do so in a much slower and less mechanical way.

I thought Heather forcing the issue and following Ramona around at the party was as ridiculous as Ramona's initial comment and subsequent tantrums. They are both Type A's and both handled things very poorly.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-17-2012 at 03:15 AM.
    Debb70 likes this.

One of the things I dislike about Heather is that she has that obsequious attitude of always being caring, concerned, always complimentary, etc to everyone. She just LOVES the Whole world so how could anyone not like her? It must be a problem with the other person because she's too nice to dislike.
    I find it phony.
    This type pretends everything is just wonderful in their lives, even w/it's trials. Everyone they talk to is told how wonderful/beautiful they are.
    And there's always that fake smile on their face. I don't like most of the HW but I do like when they let me see their real emotions.
    Heather does the passive aggressive thing of hating you but never letting anyone, including you, know it because they love everybody and everything in life. She's doing it with Ramona and I think it's her way of making Ramona the villain and she's just the nice person who is innocently disliked by another. Couldn't possibly be her fault if someone doesn't like her.
    Ramona and Luann drive me nuts at times and I'm not fond of them but they're real.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 07-17-2012 at 03:24 AM.
    livin4reality likes this.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

That horrid singer at the party almost made me long for the 'Countess'! (put a big stress on the 'almost')
    Punkin, Lizard and Debb70 like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

In Sonja's heart of hearts she really wants to be Madonna. Or she wants to be a rockstar and have rockstar money.

We only know what we see. So I could be wrong. But from the show, Heather's friends appear to all be ones of convenience. Those buyers could reallly care less about her. No. I did not like seeing her follow Ramona around. If someone did that to one of us in person, we would be highly offended. To say something positive, I will say that Heather looked nicer last night than she usually does.....needs to avoid prints.

I am not one of the one's that gets irritated by Luanne's airs. I believe she came from a poor background and she clings to these things she views as success. BUT....I did not like the fake way she gave Ramona a hug and then turned around and dissed her to Heather. If LuAnne treats people poorly, she deserves poor treatment.

Yes Jexter, we need to select or screen people. Nobody needs the negative or dangerous people in their lives.
    Debb70 and sparklete like this.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread