+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Even though the Countess is obnoxious in many ways...her dedication to "proper ways" is refreshing, compared to how much America has become the Land of the Slobs.
    She takes it way too far, doesn't always practice what she preaches but I would like to see better manners, comportment and dressing accordingly come back.
    Now I probably sound snobbish.
    Not snobbish at all! I'm not the biggest fan of the countess, but I do like this part of her. And, I like that she is unapologetic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Yes she is. Her deceased husband's father was a Polish prince. (his mother was Jacqueline Kennedy's sister). As the son of a prince, Anthony was a prince. So through marriage, Carole was a princess. She has about as much connection to royal power as LuAnn, and truly her ties to John and Caroline Kennedy are probably more impressive. But technically she is a princess
    Since I know nothing about royalty and the rules that apply, do you still remain a princess if your spouse, the real prince, dies?? Or is it like Luann and her royal Countess-ness?
    On another subject, I think Ramona is becoming a much different person than she was in earlier seasons. She's kind of pathetic now. Is it possible that she's drinking too much of her favorite beverage and it's showing?
    Silly me, of course, it's possible but what I meant was do we have an alcoholic in the making here? It's the only reason I can think why she acts like she does now...which is quite a change for her. She was always somewhat annoying, spoke without thinking but it seems everything is so much more so now.
    Glad that Mario seems to adore her because there aren't many men who could tolerate her behavior.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 07-08-2012 at 04:21 AM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Carole's husband was the son of Jackie's sister. While he Kennedy family has many people in politics, I don't think that distant its mandatory to be political for the family. I think politics matters in terms of being an indicator of values. But if two people have similar values and vote differently, who cares?
    I think that's exactly the problem. . . with the huge disparity in our political systems nowadays, it's almost impossible to have similar values and to vote differently, except perhaps in a 'primary.'
    Punkin likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"...do we have an alcoholic in the making here?..." What do you mean "in the making"? I think the chapter has already been written on that subject.

"Glad that Mario seems to adore her because there aren't many men who could tolerate her behavior." I no more think that Mario "adores" her than the man-in-the-moon. I think that Mario is able to do what he wants by being with Ramona because she chooses to be naive, and I think he knows/feels he's having his cake and eating it tool. I think he has a very skeevy, smug look to him because he thinks he knows something that nobody else knows. I'm pretty sure Ramona is being "played". She is rather pathetic.
    Punkin, Prism, MsDiva2007 and 1 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

To me it seems that Ramona's and Luann's behaviors are both reflective of an extremely dysfunctional situation. Neither one can let the other "win" and there is a constant contest of who's "in" and who's "out". Ramona has been open about her dysfunctional family and I wouldn't be surprised if Luann had a similarly tough childhood. Right now Ramona is in "out" (in reality just with Luann and Heather - but seemingly in the out group) and not handling it well by getting desperate and creating situations that are tests for Heather. The end results is that she is doing the very thing that makes Heather concerned.

The countass proper? Ahhh.... I think not. She's no countess; she's the queen of pseudo-ness. I see her as an egomaniacal conniving older woman who has spent her adulthood attempting to be someone she'll never become; and while she's attempting to claw her way up, she's hellishly nasty.

The countass was mean as snakesh*t to Alex, the ex-RH who didn't have the bonafides to hang with the big girls. IMHO that's the countass' defining character flaw- that she knowingly and willingly stomps on people who cannot stand up to her. Ramona and Sonja don't possess the ability to pull together words to put the countass where she belongs. I'm pretty sure Carole does, but she'll no doubt be polite enough not to bother.
    livin4reality and GabbyG like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fanatic

But Ramona did invite Jill on the island trip. Jill declined the invitation, and then showed up unannounced after a great deal of drama had already occured.
    Ooooooohh, I had forgotten that.

FORT Fogey

Did anyone watch the Bravo kick off party several months back? It it had cast members from all the main Bravo shows. I can't recall what it was called or when it aired

The new NYC housewives were introduced. Music played and Sonya and Ramona danced...the new wives just stood by like stiff bricks.

I'm trying to track down videos of that show to make sure I'm remembering it accurately.

Any thoughts? That show would be revealing as it would speak to the post-season relationships of the women and I'm very curious. I picked up on a divide between Sonya and Ramona and all the others - incl. the Countess but could be misremembering.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Jexter, do you think it was the WWHL All-Stars episode? They had ton of Housewives and Luann performed? I can't find a video of her song, but maybe this picture jogs your memory. Watch What Happens Live Season 6 - WWHL All-Stars Party - Photo Gallery - Bravo TV Official Site

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Sorry to double-post, but I was behind in watching. Tonight sealed the deal with Heather for me. I don't like her. The way she conducted her business dinner--the going around the table and introducing/saying why the Yummy brand is so great--is something I've been subjected to and have never appreciated, nor anyone sane I know does. The only people who like it are people who like to talk themselves up. But I could give that a pass but for the pseudo "gangsta" talk. If we're given out-takes where she was just being goofy, okay. But it didn't come off like that...more like she was trying to be Holder from The Killing and doing a bad impression.

Ramona and Aviva's prosthesis...it's like she'd never heard of a fake leg in her life! Ramona reminds me so much of the mother of a friend of mine when I was a kid. Same accent, same crazy eyes, and weirdly enough I didn't put it together until tonight. She's never going to be rational or react calmly. I'm sorry to say, for entertainment value, I think she should have been cut with Alex & JillZarinofZarinFabrics. That said, if there's a crazy Florida episode where Ramona & Aviva run into Jack Klompus, I'm in.

+ Reply to Thread