+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2222Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I just stumbled over whis while reading about the Cruise/Holes divorce:

War between Aviva Drescher and Harry Dubin escalates - NYPOST.com
    The way I figured it....and I could definitely be wrong as math is not my strong suit...if Harry hasn't paid child support for 3 years, and owes $345,000 dollars, the monthly payments would be about $9600!!! Wow!
    Not that he can't afford that and I'm appalled at anyone who doesn't pay child support....are you listening Brooks??...that sure is a lot of money!
    Ramona seems to be fascinated by him here:
    AVIVA DRESCHER: Aviva and Ex… Harry Dubin…”Hollerin’ In The Hamptons”… | STOOPID HOUSEWIVES

It's obvious the guy's a rich player and always will be...and woe to the women who "play" with him.

Sonja is so transparent with her "interns." She just wants her old life w/Mr. Morgan and is delusional. Got to wonder about these girls who do this job for free.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I like Heather more each episode and I dislike Ramona more each episode.
    I haven't seen much of this season but I am just the opposite. I see Heather was loud, controlling & bossy. Ramona is just loud & bossy. Why was it such a big deal that Ramona didn't like the clothing in Heather's friends store? To be honest I didn't care much for the styles either. They styles were too young for Ramona & were not flattering.
    Looks like Ramona is getting the Kelly edit this season.

Concerning interns: colleges DO give credits for interning & in many fields it is actually required. My son had to do an intership in his final semester. It was unpaid & transportation was at his expense; 5 days a week for 12 weeks. He had to take a week away from there when I had to have surgery & the next day we had a 24 inch snowstorm & couldn't get back to Philly. They were actually not going to sign off on his internship because of this. His sole purpose was to design a new logo for them. He thought it was just "busy" work. He contacted them to thank them for the opportunity to work in their firm & surprise they were using his logo. Still are.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

For now, I think I still like Ramona more than Heather. Heather seems too coniving to me. I could see her developing as we see more of her to be very similar to Jill Zarin. I can't give Ramona a total pass. There are a lot of times I think she comes across as very inconsiderate, and I can imagine it would be tough to be friends with her. But at her core, I think she's a good person. When she is excited for someone's sucess, it seems genuine. And when she stands up to defend someone, it also seems genuine. Both of those are just overshadowed at times by her behavior, and need to put herself out there for attention. Her lack of self-awareness gets in her way. Heather on the other hand just seems selfish to me, and not genuine. I think Heather wants to believe that if she tells someone something, they'll accept it as true. So when she claims that not inviting Ramona to London wasn't a snub, she expects people to just accept it. Aviva had to REALLY push her to get her to admit that it was intentional, and it was a deliberate snub. She just seems to me like she has the self-awareness to know what she's doing is unkind, but she does it anways, and expects not to feel the consequences. To steal from Maya Angelou, with Hether it seems like she knows better, she's just choosing not to do better.
    Jexter, Starbucks880 and Debb70 like this.

FORT Regular

I just love that someone has the balls to give Ramona a taste of her own medicine. Ramona loves dominating conversations and simply can't handle not being in the spotlight or the conversation centerpiece.
    Heather does not allow her to do that. It makes for some pretty awesome TV.

It was hilarious when Carole got the TV pilot and told the other girls and Ramona comes in immediately and says "I have great news too. Target is now selling my Pinot Grigio!" *sigh*
    She has the need for constant attention that a 6 year old would have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't really tell one of these new women, from the other. The only people I am sure about are Ramona and LuAnn. I swear...if you've seen one, you've seen them all. Ho hummm.....
    mayamaisha likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Concerning interns: colleges DO give credits for interning & in many fields it is actually required. My son had to do an intership in his final semester. It was unpaid & transportation was at his expense; 5 days a week for 12 weeks. He had to take a week away from there when I had to have surgery & the next day we had a 24 inch snowstorm & couldn't get back to Philly. They were actually not going to sign off on his internship because of this. His sole purpose was to design a new logo for them. He thought it was just "busy" work. He contacted them to thank them for the opportunity to work in their firm & surprise they were using his logo. Still are.
    Your son did actual work for an actual company. He completed a real internship. How can Sonya claim it's a real internship. A true internship is not just a work experience for the student, it's also a learning experience. The student gets to be in the corporate world in his or her field of study and see how it all works before getting a job. What can Sonya teach those students other than how to cook in a toaster oven or how to be promiscuous? That's why I wonder why a college would really give credits to an intern working for her.

I think I must be crazy. I have had access to an intern for about 3 weeks now and haven't used them. I normally don't have problems delegating, but it seems I just haven't gotten around to it. Sonja is giving me ideas of how I might use them. Hmmmm.......pick up my coffee, call the pharmacy, walk by dog, etc. lol I'm just kidding.
    Starbucks880 and short_lived like this.

DH and I just watched RHoNY that we DVRed last night. When we saw the 'first date' Carol had with a very nice guy (tho she wisely found him way too young for her comfort zone, and he became a research subject LOL) during the coures of their conversation she said, " You're not a Republican, are you?" DH and I ROLF because on our first date one of my first questions was, "Are you a Democrat?" He said, "Of course!" And the rest is lovey dovey history.

For many people politics is just nothing they think of or care about. For me (and apparently Carol) politics is a very important issue in my life. In my household fan base, Carol just leapfrogged above the rest of them! Not only that, but her DR comments are smart and insightful and she does not play off of formal royal connections for prestige as she seems confident in herself (as compared to another HW who seems to desperetly lean on a title earned by catching some guy who did nothing to earn his supposed prestige.)

I am not making any dispersions on any other political ideaology, 'cause you guys on the other side would ask first, "You aren't a Democrat are you?"
    Come on, you know you would. :>)
    Lizard, Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Hmmmm... selling your wine at Target vs having your novel used as the basis for a television series... sorry, I fail to see the parity there.
    Jexter, Coco46 and sparklete like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Punkin- I'm with you and Carole.... And it's a big deal around here too!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread