+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I disagree that Ramona is harmless. I think she's mean, and she uses the excuse that she "tells it like it is" and is honest. That's fine if you've been asked your opinion, but when you just blurt out negative things and think it's okay to criticize others - which she does - without being asked for her input, I think that's mean. And if it were coming from someone who didn't seem as crazy as Ramona does, no one would say it was harmless.

That being said I think Heather has been really rather unfair to Ramona.
    Now Ramona knows what it feels like to not be invited - same thing she did to Jill by not inviting her with the other gals on that island trip.
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Fogey

But Ramona did invite Jill on the island trip. Jill declined the invitation, and then showed up unannounced after a great deal of drama had already occured.
    Debb70 likes this.

I thought Ramona did invite Jill but Jill refused because Bethenny was going.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Why do these women always put their calls on speaker, when others are around...oh yeah, drama!!

And why can't Heather just tell Ramona, she just doesn't enjoy her company, and that's why she didn't invite her. Does Ramona think evryone think she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I did notice when she is drinking (which has been 99% of the scenes filmed), her voice goes up a million decibels, she gets more confrontational, and she gets more in your face. She also gets very passive aggressive. It might be time to set aside the Pinot.

I couldn't be in the same room with her for more than 2 minutes. I usually mute the TV when she is on...

I believe BRAVO makes them put all calls on speaker when filmimg otherwaise where would all of the drama come from. Take into consideration all callser on the other end of the phone MUST be informed their call is being recorded/filmed so ther really aren't any "surprise" phone calls.

I just stumbled over whis while reading about the Cruise/Holes divorce:

War between Aviva Drescher and Harry Dubin escalates - NYPOST.com
    Debb70 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I believe BRAVO makes them put all calls on speaker when filmimg otherwaise where would all of the drama come from. Take into consideration all callser on the other end of the phone MUST be informed their call is being recorded/filmed so ther really aren't any "surprise" phone calls.

I just stumbled over whis while reading about the Cruise/Holes divorce:

War between Aviva Drescher and Harry Dubin escalates - NYPOST.com
    Except in my state, you can audio tape anyone on the phone without their permission as long as they are also in the same state. It's okay as long as one person knows it's been recorded and the one person can be the one who is recording. I'm not sure about the laws in NY though.

Interesting that this guy won't pay his child support. I really can't see Aviva confronting someone like that if he wasn't way behind. It sounds like he has the money, he just refuses to pay. Hate that.

FORT Fanatic

Why does Sonya need one intern, let alone three? What college in its right mind would give college credit for being her 'gofer'/intern? She's just lazy, she can send her own faxes...puhleeze!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    Why does Sonya need one intern, let alone three? What college in its right mind would give college credit for being her 'gofer'/intern? She's just lazy, she can send her own faxes...puhleeze!
    I'm really interested in what college would give credit for being her intern. It smacks of that old Seinfeld episode where Kramer got an intern. Plus, I'm a bit dubious about anyone who still faxes. Scan & email, people!

As for the new ladies, I'm still loving Carole. The guy she went on the date with, whoa, I've seen that drunken "let's hook up now" look and it's a huge turn off to me in my advanced age. (I'm a bit younger than Carole, but I still go out now & again and have observed the same look. Yeesh!) Aviva, well, she's kinda angling into the pot-stirrer mode a bit, perhaps unintentionally, but that convo with Heather in the park was so production-inspired, it's hard to tell. I just straight up don't like Heather; that doesn't mean I like Ramona, but I give the side-eye to anyone who pimps out their sick child for attention. Talk about him, okay, but a filmed doctor's visit? That's as desperate as Ramona is for staying relevant. Luanne almost felt like an after-thought, but maybe she'll be relevant next week in London.

I like Heather more each episode and I dislike Ramona more each episode.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

Sonya cracks me up. She is fearless.

She's been through the ringer. She handles it well on the outside, but she seems preoccupied and bit worried on the inside.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread