+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2243Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

See, I think she gets it. I think she knows exactly how mean she's being, or at least that she's being hurtful to other people. Maybe her craziness lies in that she doesn't understand that this means she shouldn't say such things.

But I agree, no one should take offense at the things Ramona says. But not because it's not malicious, because it's probably incorrect.

I once worked with someone who believed she could say anything (critical) she wanted to people during work hours and they should forget it after work hours and all should be well. I am not wired like that and Ramona reminds me of that co-worker. Ramona does not care one wit about anyone feelings and I love that Heather didn't invite her along. Makes me like Heather all the more.
    sparklete likes this.

Yep, people know when they're being mean. The RHNY all had a bit of that going a season or so ago, saying - like Romeana - that they were just being "honest". Romeana is so accustomed to the personna that she can power puke anything she wants any time she wants and get away with it, that she barely recognizes that there's a minimum civility level to be honored in polite society. I think she's a freak.
    Punkin and sparklete like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

I agree with all this. Don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem with Heather not inviting Ramona. Ramona asked for it by being her unfiltered self. I actually like Heather - and all the wives this season (with the possible exception of LuAnne).

I'm just saying that not inviting Ramona was a tit-for-tat situation, Heather did bring herself down to Ramona's level by not inviting her, and people in general should know to take Ramona with a grain of salt. She's so obviously childlike and unrefined this way that I have a hard time understanding how smart and sophisticated women like Heather and Aviva could be hurt by anything she'd have to say. I guess I am wrong on this point though.

Can't wait for the episode in which Aviva refers to Sonya and Ramona as white trash.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I once worked with someone who believed she could say anything (critical) she wanted to people during work hours and they should forget it after work hours and all should be well. I am not wired like that and Ramona reminds me of that co-worker. Ramona does not care one wit about anyone feelings and I love that Heather didn't invite her along. Makes me like Heather all the more.
    I understand what you're saying but I think it applies to most of the Housewives on these show....Some just more than others and some of the new ones, we just haven't seen it yet.
    They all seem so self focused/involved...that they will do/say anything to keep that good stuff flowing into their lives. And they always call it "Being honest" and "this is just who I am."
    I say baloney.
    I would be delighted to say whatever I wanted to say to whoever I wanted to say it to....It would be far easier to allow ourselves to just "BE." Life would definitely be less difficult if we didn't try to grow and evolve and better ourselves. So another baloney on that "This is just who I am!!"
    How very egotistical that is and it drives me batty.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I'm sooooo glad Heather didn't invite her. Heather is not my favorite HW but she sure earned points with me by not inviting her. Ramona is sooooo clueless. And even tho I feel she is quite dumb, she knows when she is hurting someone's feelings.

FORT Fanatic

Can't wait for the episode in which Aviva refers to Sonya and Ramona as white trash.[/QUOTE]

===========

I CAN'T wait either!!!!!!!!!! Aviva is my favorite HW.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    I think Luann thinks her kids should just raise themselves and not take up her time. You can tell she is not around by how awkward their relationship is. She was trying to play to the cameras that she is a wonderful, super involved mom, but the kids were looking at her like they didn't know what she was doing. Ramona was right about that at least.
    ///////

I was totally disgusted at how Luann's son was struggling with grades. That says A LOT about Luann in my book. And as for her daughter, she acted like such a spoiled brat during her art showing. She's picking up her mother's bad 'uppity' habits. I think she wants a baby by Jacques... to keep Jacques for as long as she can.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Back a couple of episodes I thought Heather's sliced knee jeans were disgusting. Makes me think she is trying to capture some moment of a by gone error.
    There is just someting about Heather I do NOT like.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    No one signs up for this show without having seen it before, right? Heather has two choices. Either a) she is not bright and just didn't clue in to all the fuss her decision to exclude Ramona would cause or b) she knew it all along and excluded Ramona knowing full well what would happen.

Heather is no fool. The answer is b). She did it to spite Ramona and consequently brought herself down to Ramona's level.

Heather owes Ramona absolutely nothing, but....Ramona has a lot of things that are likely making her more anxious than she normally would be:
    • she may feel nervous about her future on the show given the shake up this season
    • she may feel nervous about losing her relationship with Sonya given that Sonya and the other women seem to have clicked better
    • she may feel nervous about the rumors of Mario cheating
    • etc.
    These are all emotions that anyone with an ounce common sense would realize might exist for her at this time. Heather HAS to get this and her decision to exclude Ramona was as childish as Ramona's comments that started the whole thing.

The way I look at it is that Ramona is simple, clueless, and benign. Anyone who takes offense to her antics is giving her too much credit. And I say this wil love as I like Ramona! I'm with Carole. I like crazy. It's far more entertaining than "normal".
    a) Heather is very bright and is doing the show to increase sales in her business. b) She knows it will cause drama for the show and she is doing exactly what she promised the producers she would do. Cause drama. Job security.
    Jexter likes this.

+ Reply to Thread