+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Back a couple of episodes I thought Heather's sliced knee jeans were disgusting. Makes me think she is trying to capture some moment of a by gone error.
    Jexter likes this.
    You can do it!

Why does Luann think she is not suppose to be the "homework" police? What else does she have to do?
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha View Post
    Why does Luann think she is not suppose to be the "homework" police? What else does she have to do?
    I guess apparently Luann is an absentee parent, Ramona was right. I will fully admit I did see the last 2 episodes on Monday night. Looks like Bravo intends on portraying Ramona as unbalanced/ heavy drinker/insecure...ect..
    While I might be a but hurt if a close friend had invited other close friends but not me on a trip but not to the point where every conversation has to be about the non-invite. Did Ramona & Heather know each other prior to this show?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Ramona seems very different from when we first got to know her...she was always batty/annoying but she seemed to balance it with a likable personality most of the time. Now she seems almost bitter and mean. Maybe it's a matter of hormone imbalance like the discussion on the RHNJ thread?? From last season, we can assume she's starting menopause. And I'm convinced she drinks a lot more than she used to.....and she used to drink a lot! I'm sooooo tired of her and Heather competing for the worst baby scenario. My heart goes out to any mother who experienced these things but it's not social conversation over and over and over. I've experienced the very worst thing that can happen to a child but I normally don't talk about it...unless it's specifically addressed to me. It's definitely not party-talk. Why does Luann say the name Sonja so strangely?? And Sonja seems to be playing this "character" more now than in earlier seasons...used to like her but she comes off very fake now. But maybe that's what she thinks she needs to do to stay on the show. I get the feeling that the "Ramona-Heather dislike" situation will continue throughout the season.....I'm bored with it already.
    Ramona is batty, just the word I was looking for!
    Lulu from the block tries to pronounce words as if they have a French language inflection- she's full of supercilious hyperbole, she must think it makes her sound like she has Class that she's always scratching for. Carole said it best, Lulu has Royalty Tourettes!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Only Ramona would meet someone for the first time and tell them they talk too much, and expect to be invited on an overseas trip with them. Sigh......................
    I bet Ramona ends up being invited in the end and this is just a manufactured storyline. I did think Heather was kind of rude about it though. Why couldn't she just be up front and tell Ramona she couldn't come? She coulde have even said there was only 4 bedrooms and she wanted each to have their own room and even that they weren't connecting in a way friends would and going away was not something they would do together. Many ways it could have been done instead of going behind her back and then having her find out she was the only one not invited from someone else.
    livin4reality likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha View Post
    I think Luann thinks her kids should just raise themselves and not take up her time. You can tell she is not around by how awkward their relationship is. She was trying to play to the cameras that she is a wonderful, super involved mom, but the kids were looking at her like they didn't know what she was doing. Ramona was right about that at least.

FORT Fogey

No one signs up for this show without having seen it before, right? Heather has two choices. Either a) she is not bright and just didn't clue in to all the fuss her decision to exclude Ramona would cause or b) she knew it all along and excluded Ramona knowing full well what would happen.

Heather is no fool. The answer is b). She did it to spite Ramona and consequently brought herself down to Ramona's level.

Heather owes Ramona absolutely nothing, but....Ramona has a lot of things that are likely making her more anxious than she normally would be:
    • she may feel nervous about her future on the show given the shake up this season
    • she may feel nervous about losing her relationship with Sonya given that Sonya and the other women seem to have clicked better
    • she may feel nervous about the rumors of Mario cheating
    • etc.
    These are all emotions that anyone with an ounce common sense would realize might exist for her at this time. Heather HAS to get this and her decision to exclude Ramona was as childish as Ramona's comments that started the whole thing.

The way I look at it is that Ramona is simple, clueless, and benign. Anyone who takes offense to her antics is giving her too much credit. And I say this wil love as I like Ramona! I'm with Carole. I like crazy. It's far more entertaining than "normal".
    Last edited by Jexter; 06-29-2012 at 05:55 PM.
    Punkin and jeaninelaurie like this.

Great post, Jexter.
    I agree...Ramona is incredibly annoying, which makes many dislike her...but I don't think she's "bad." Her gossiping and pretentious ways are really no different than the other women. She just gets on everyone's nerves!

FORT Fogey

I disagree that Ramona is harmless. I think she's mean, and she uses the excuse that she "tells it like it is" and is honest. That's fine if you've been asked your opinion, but when you just blurt out negative things and think it's okay to criticize others - which she does - without being asked for her input, I think that's mean. And if it were coming from someone who didn't seem as crazy as Ramona does, no one would say it was harmless.

That being said I think Heather has been really rather unfair to Ramona.
    MsDiva2007 and norealityhere like this.

FORT Fogey

I read an interview with Andy C. that says the following:

"I love Twitter because it's a live focus group," said Mr. Cohen. In fact, three cast members from "The Real Housewives of New York" were fired from the show because of negative feedback about them on social media. That kind of engagement is shrewdly pushed along by Mr. Cohen, who says of his post, "I'm the biggest shit-stirrer on the planet and I get paid to do it."

Bravo's Andy Cohen: Research Is Our Cocaine | Advertising and Marketing Wisdom: Adages - Advertising Age

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I disagree that Ramona is harmless. I think she's mean, and she uses the excuse that she "tells it like it is" and is honest. That's fine if you've been asked your opinion, but when you just blurt out negative things and think it's okay to criticize others - which she does - without being asked for her input, I think that's mean. And if it were coming from someone who didn't seem as crazy as Ramona does, no one would say it was harmless.
    I agree with this, but the thing is, Ramona IS crazy. I say "consider the source" in all things Ramona. Same thing with LuAnne. She has no clue about how arrogant she really is. I'm not completely offended by her only because I get that she doesn't get it. To their credit, the new women know better
    Last edited by Jexter; 06-30-2012 at 09:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread