+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1512Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

There seem to be a lot of subtle undercurrents about Aviva and her views about her marriage....I find it wonderful and refreshing...I get so tired of man-bashing and the constant need to act like no woman "needs" a man. I love that she's crazy about her husband and to me, it seems normal to speak to your spouse about taking a trip to London.
    Aviva is a bundle of little phobias and maybe she would have been that way without her tragic accident. I like that she doesn't make it a problem for anyone else involved. She has concerns but deals with it, unlike others who think the world should cater to their little eccentricities.
    I don't have any problems with Jacques........just wondering why he likes Luann...gotta have something missing up there in the brain cell department to stay with her for so long.

FORT Fogey

Oh yeah she very well may have developed those phobias without her accident - and it still would have bene perfectly fine! Fear of heights? No problem, I'll still go to the rooftop bar and face away from the outside. I just really like that attitude.

I totally agree about Aviva's marriage - of course no woman "needs" a man but you also don't "need" to prove it by acting like your husband and life partner is not a factor in your life!!

FORT Newbie

We will see lol

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I totally agree about Aviva's marriage - of course no woman "needs" a man but you also don't "need" to prove it by acting like your husband and life partner is not a factor in your life!!
    I'm single and I didn't think it was weird that Aviva would have to check with her husband. I understand that there's probably some contractual term that requires the HWs to be free for travel, but Aviva has kids and London isn't just going to the Hamptons. Heck, even my single ass has to check with about three different schedules before getting out of town.

Does anyone else get the sense that Ramona is acting out, not just because of the constant wine drinking, but to keep her position on the show? I really got the impression that her exclusion from the London trip was more about that than not being invited by Heather. OTOH, while I'm no Ramona fan (though I will say whomever her colorist was for the personal interviews did an awesome job), Heather did us a huge disservice by not inviting Ramona to London. The drama that would have ensued!

My thought was that Bravo was paying for the show and I was irritated that Ramona was not invited. But I guess they own a London flat. So I say that it is ok not to invite Ramona. But if she would have ironed out her problem with Ramona, maybe I would have found her more likeable.

I really like that Mario was being a good friend to Ramona. I will give him some points this episode.

And I like that Aviva is trying to be helpful for Ramona.
    You can do it!

I doubt that Ramona will stay "uninvited." Couldn't this just be more fodder for creating drama?? And Ramona can certainly cause drama.
    Doesn't London deserve to have a Ramona in it during her Turtle Time??

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    There seem to be a lot of subtle undercurrents about Aviva and her views about her marriage....I find it wonderful and refreshing...I get so tired of man-bashing and the constant need to act like no woman "needs" a man. I love that she's crazy about her husband and to me, it seems normal to speak to your spouse about taking a trip to London.
    Aviva is a bundle of little phobias and maybe she would have been that way without her tragic accident. I like that she doesn't make it a problem for anyone else involved. She has concerns but deals with it, unlike others who think the world should cater to their little eccentricities.
    I don't have any problems with Jacques........just wondering why he likes Luann...gotta have something missing up there in the brain cell department to stay with her for so long.
    Love your opinion of Aviva. She is my favorite. I would never consider a trip without talking it over thoroughly with my husband. Nor would I even want to go without him. I prefer my husband and kids over girls' night out any day. When you find the right person, it's easy to feel this way. As for Jacques, I don't find him Mr. Wonderful, so by him dating LuAnn doesn't make me wonder. I wonder if he is rich, maybe that is his attraction to her.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Love your opinion of Aviva. She is my favorite. I would never consider a trip without talking it over thoroughly with my husband. Nor would I even want to go without him. I prefer my husband and kids over girls' night out any day. When you find the right person, it's easy to feel this way. As for Jacques, I don't find him Mr. Wonderful, so by him dating LuAnn doesn't make me wonder. I wonder if he is rich, maybe that is his attraction to her.
    Looks like I do wonder a bit! lol

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I doubt that Ramona will stay "uninvited." Couldn't this just be more fodder for creating drama?? And Ramona can certainly cause drama.
    Doesn't London deserve to have a Ramona in it during her Turtle Time??
    I agree. I bet everyone was in on the 'don't invite Ramona' plan except for Ramona. But I bet she gets invited. Who knows? Who cares? She is soooooo odd. I can't stand her.

Okay, I admit that Ramona is making it difficult to like her right now. I keep telling myself it's the script. She's just doing what they told her to do. I hope they reign it in soon. I don't want to start to detest her. She's usually a lot of fun and crackes me up, Turtle Time or not.

Andy had a poll last night between Ramona and Heather. Heather and Aviva were his guests. I'll post about it on the What's Happening Live thread.

At least Sonja was acting like someone with some brains last night. That's good.

Did anyone notice the food Carole was eating? A double pasta dish and then later french fries. I'm impressed. How does a very thin person eat so many carbs like that? lol

+ Reply to Thread