+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I think Carol, though I don't like her, has the most uncommon look on the show, and I can see why some would consider it beautiful.
    I agree with you...she has that look that I see with a lot of the New England elite...like the Kennedys. I don't know exactly what it is but it's there..." good breeding," perhaps?

Two points:

I have read Carol's book about the death of her husband (Jackie Kennedy's nephew), and it is wonderful.

Also, why did LuAnn keep calling her daughter Victoria "Ange" when they were discussing the possibility of Lu having another baby? Short for "angel"? Did she change her name? Does it mean something in French?

FORT Fogey

How was she pronouncing it? Was it like "Ahnge?" Because that's French for Angel, and we all know how desperately LuAnne wants us all to think she's French.

and we all know how desperately LuAnne wants us all to think she's French.
    She's not French???
    She's not of royal blood??
    She's not better than the rest of everyone in the world???
    I'm shocked!!!!

BTW, how does Jacques stand her for this long?? There's got to be some hidden agenda or something is seriously wrong with ol' Jacq!
    Coco46 and jeaninelaurie like this.

Has Jack even been seen this season?

And why does she even talk about having a baby with Jack but never mentions getting married? Curious.

FORT Newbie

I think after watching these HW shows for so long I have leanred that most do not have any where near the money they say. Carol's deceased husband did not have money and she came from a working class family. She was a producer but not a big deal one and although she had a best selling book, that was years ago.I know many loved her book but I found it to be whiny and self centered and I felt she came across annoyed by her poor husband's illness..not devastated. Heather is just pushing her brand. And of course we all beleive her small shack in the Berkshires is beacuse she loves nature and not becuase she could never afford the Hamptons. Avia is so in people's business..annoying. Luann..poor woman Jacques is so little. ANd I love that her daughter thinks her weird art is worth $1,000. Not bad for a garage sale!! While I could not tolerate the bully Jill or crazy Kelly anymore, these woman are boring, juvneile and I think all, with the exception of Ramona, need the money.

How was she pronouncing it? Was it like "Ahnge?" Because that's French for Angel, and we all know how desperately LuAnne wants us all to think she's French.
    Yes, that's how she was pronouncing it.

Quote Originally Posted by sdwales View Post
    I think after watching these HW shows for so long I have leanred that most do not have any where near the money they say. Carol's deceased husband did not have money and she came from a working class family. She was a producer but not a big deal one and although she had a best selling book, that was years ago.I know many loved her book but I found it to be whiny and self centered and I felt she came across annoyed by her poor husband's illness..not devastated. Heather is just pushing her brand. And of course we all beleive her small shack in the Berkshires is beacuse she loves nature and not becuase she could never afford the Hamptons. Avia is so in people's business..annoying. Luann..poor woman Jacques is so little. ANd I love that her daughter thinks her weird art is worth $1,000. Not bad for a garage sale!! While I could not tolerate the bully Jill or crazy Kelly anymore, these woman are boring, juvneile and I think all, with the exception of Ramona, need the money.
    Actually, I think these new women have lots of money - way more than Ramona.
    Aviva's husband is worth $20 mil. Not exactly chump change.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Yes, that's how she was pronouncing it.
    Finally saw the episode - she might think that's how you pronounce "Ange" in French, but in reality it's "ahnj" and not "ahnjee" the way she was saying it.

I actually quite like Jacques.

I completely understand Aviva's phobias. This is a woman who knows that freak accidents can and do happen. The things that really should scare us all but we think our way around as "that would never actually happen" she can't do that, and for good reason. It makes perfect sense to me. And she seems to handle and manage it well enough. I didn't like Ramona's criticism of Aviva saying she couldn't commit to London without talking to Reid. That's not a woman who is unhealthily wrapped up in a marriage, or a woman who doesn't know how to be independent. That's a woman with a marriage that functions as a partnership, who has two small children who she is the actual primary caretaker of, and who has a life outside this show!
    Punkin and Lizard like this.

+ Reply to Thread