+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I also think Ramona has a drinking problem...she's probably what they call a "functioning alcoholic." The words Ramona and Pinot Grigio are forever connected.
    Carol seems pleasant enough but she's not the great beauty that she and everyone else thinks she is....why wouldn't she get her rather buck teeth fixed?? and is that upper lip her's or a little plumped up like many of other "housewives?" I can't really tell.
    Sonja has changed from her first season on this show....she's so much more over the top than she was. She's become a caricature...just not very real anymore. I used to like her a lot.
    I really don't understand why Gretchen or Carol are called beautiful women...I don't see it. It's like when Sex and the City was popular and everyone proclaimed Sarah Jessica Parker as a great beauty.

I can't drink Pinot Grigio anymore. I feel like Ramona has given it a bad name and it's become a joke... Kind of like drinking Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill. (Do they even make that anymore or am I showing my age?)

I don't think Carol's all that pretty either. She does however have a kind of 'down to earth' quality about here.

It is probably is not a priority for Carol. Straight teeth are not a priority for me.

I think Carol is beautiful.

Ramona does like a nip more than the average person. But she appears to be responsible and caring.

Sonja must be spinning a little out of control because of her financial situation. Mother Lizard can only see her pulling herself out if she latches on to a really old rich man who is not in the habit of using women for sex.

Once upon a time I thought Gretchen was pretty. But she wears so much makeup now (to sell it) that she looks harsh.
    You can do it!

i used to love that stuff, LOL!!!!!!!! they still make it . . . i bought some recently - it was AWFUL, i don't know how i used to drink it!

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post
    Kind of like drinking Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill. (Do they even make that anymore or am I showing my age?)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I think Carol is beautiful.
    I think so too. For me its a combination of inner and outer though. Her looks by themselves, are just average. Her personality without her looks is maybe a little calm for my tastes. But, for some reason, the two play off each other. Her looks enhance her personality and vice-versa. So far, I think she is just overall lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Once upon a time I thought Gretchen was pretty. But she wears so much makeup now (to sell it) that she looks harsh.
    I go back and forth. In the end, I think she is pretty but only without all the make-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I also think Ramona has a drinking problem...she's probably what they call a "functioning alcoholic." The words Ramona and Pinot Grigio are forever connected.
    Carol seems pleasant enough but she's not the great beauty that she and everyone else thinks she is....why wouldn't she get her rather buck teeth fixed?? and is that upper lip her's or a little plumped up like many of other "housewives?" I can't really tell.
    Sonja has changed from her first season on this show....she's so much more over the top than she was. She's become a caricature...just not very real anymore. I used to like her a lot.
    I really don't understand why Gretchen or Carol are called beautiful women...I don't see it. It's like when Sex and the City was popular and everyone proclaimed Sarah Jessica Parker as a great beauty.
    Sorry....I meant Heather in RHNY...get all my ladies mixed up.
    I may be overly critical here but Heather just didn't act like someone who's father died last Friday as she said. It was almost said like she was talking about the change in the weather.
    Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    i used to love that stuff, LOL!!!!!!!! they still make it . . . i bought some recently - it was AWFUL, i don't know how i used to drink it!
    You were probably in your twenties amd couldn't afford anything better, like the rest of us!!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have yet to come to care about these women. I think I miss my old group of loonies!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

There is something graceful about Heather.

I really have not seen people who look quite like her.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

Really? I think Heather looks so common. I see people who look like her all the time. Different regions of the country maybe?

I think Carol, though I don't like her, has the most uncommon look on the show, and I can see why some would consider it beautiful.

+ Reply to Thread