+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

it is actual art. not being fond or a fan of something does not make it not art.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    her twisted, dark, "art" being promoted as actual art,
    Rockytop Chick likes this.

i thought she said she changed the kid's name at 4 MONTHS?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    A couple of things stood out in my mind from last night. Did you catch Aviva say that she changed her son's name when he was 4 years old because she changed her mind about liking it? She said they got professional psychological advice as to whether it would mess with the child's mind or not. Really? They said it wouldn't? That's surprising. THEN she said she wanted to change her daughter's name after she was born too, but her husband said NO, that by doing that she would prove she was officially crazy. LOL

I suspect that all of these women want a shot at a big break with their business ventures, like Bethenny had, so they can become super rich. That's my take on it.

On Live with ANdy, Ramona says they really blow it out when the ladies go on a tropical vacation.

If I didn't already know Ramona from season 1, I probably wouldn't like her. Knowing how she used to be, makes me like her now. I'm not sure what it is. I know she's not perfect, but I still find her amusing and someone charming. I know, it's bizarre. I do think the show would be dull this season without the originals though.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

With Jillzarin, Kelly and Simon Alex off the show I thought it might be safe to watch an episode. WRONG!!! Even if Ramona and LuAnn didn't make me want to throw objects at the TV the show's new infomercial format would.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I still kind of like Heather, am I the only one? Although I am kind of cutting her a little break because her dad just died and I don't think anyone should be held responsible for things they say and do after losing a parent.

Still can't stand the countless and don't like Ramona this year at all. Sonja seems a little desparate too.
    Punkin and norealityhere like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    I'm not sure why, since everyone seems okay with Ramona, but she gets on my last nerve. She's one of these people no one can say anything to-- but she can say anything she wants, and she's "just that way." She sure can dish it out, but she sure can't take it-- and reacts to any challenge or disagreement by loudly changing the subject to something the other person has done "wrong"-- no matter how distorted or manufactured it is-- and talking louder and louder until she just literally can't hear the other person's voice. I really dislike willed deafness to what anyone else might need to feel.

Luanne can be self-centered and was blithely exploitative to her maid-- which bothered me-- but some how she seems more straightforward and less phony than Ramona, who is always priding herself on this disingenuous honesty.

But then Sonja also gets on my nerves. Her apparent belief that at her age acting like an adolescent (with all the smirking and floucing around about men) is attractive is basically bizarre. ...
    Great observations. I thought I was the only one who gets annoyed by Sonja. She's perfectly nice, but she's constantly "performing," which is exhausting to watch and probably keeps people in her life at a polite distance. She'd be more relatable if she just dropped the persona and didn't try so hard to be the life of the party.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

From what I learned from Sonja, she is desperate for money. I wonder if she thinks she has to play this vixen role on the show to keep interest in her. If she lets down her guard, she may think she will be too dull and may lose her contract. Maybe she is trying really hard to keep that Bravo money coming in. THat's all I can figure. What woman in her right mind would act like a monkey in heat the way she does? What else could it be, if not the money? Still, it's difficult to believe they could pay her enough to behave that way. Does anyone know if she acted that way BEFORE going on the show? As I recall, she was not like that when she first came on board.
    Prism likes this.

FORT Fogey

I like the entire cast with the possible exception of LuAnne who I find to be the most pretentious of the bunch. Although, in Season 1, we saw her good side (albeit clueless side....remember the girl whose weight she commented on?).

All but LuAnne have overcome real - and serious obstacles. A lost leg, a sickly child in need of constant care, and abusive father, the death of husband at an early age, near bankruptcy (Sonya).

They have all fought and made something of their lives. My tune may change as the season goes on, but for now, I really don't care if they have unpleasant sides to them on occassion. At the core, they are strong, smart, and accomplished individuals. And, I'd say that all are pretty good parents and spouses.

Special thanks to Bravo for giving us a crop like this. Enough with the "characters", e.g. Kelly Bensimone, etc.

Reg. using the show as a platform for their businesses, I say more power to them. It's a gift. Only fools or seriously lost individuals don't take advantage of this opportunity to make what they have better. I hope Sonya gets on the stick and makes this work.
    GabbyG and Lizard like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I still kind of like Heather, am I the only one? Although I am kind of cutting her a little break because her dad just died and I don't think anyone should be held responsible for things they say and do after losing a parent.

Still can't stand the countless and don't like Ramona this year at all. Sonja seems a little desparate too.
    The only I like is Aviva. I use to like Luann, but she is disgusting now. Her son's grades being so awful shows exactly how much she is neglecting him and his needs. Her daughter is a brat. Ramona is a clueless jerk. She's too stupid to see how stupid she is. Carol thinks she is actually a beauty and thinks young men (any man) is after her for her looks rather than her money. And Heather is condescending to everyone. So far Aviva is the only decent one. And as much as I can't stand the other women, I MUST watch the show every week!!!!!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Great observations. I thought I was the only one who gets annoyed by Sonja. She's perfectly nice, but she's constantly "performing," which is exhausting to watch and probably keeps people in her life at a polite distance. She'd be more relatable if she just dropped the persona and didn't try so hard to be the life of the party.
    Ramona and Teresa from RHONJ are two of a kind. Mean, nasty and both can dish it out but cannot take it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Ramona seemed awfully drunk in the park bench scene.
    Ramona is 'awfully' drunk all the time. I truly thinks she has a problem.

+ Reply to Thread