+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2240Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Like other posters said, these women are all pathetic....at least the old ones that we know....the new ones haven't revealed their oddities yet.
    I"m sure they'll have them, which is what makes this so much fun to watch.
    Luann is a real pill.
    Ramona is most likely a drunk but still capable of running her life.
    Sonja is a horny old broad.
    If Mario didn't look so good, we'd see the girl-y man he is when he indulges in petty gossip and grudges.

I'm not sure why, since everyone seems okay with Ramona, but she gets on my last nerve. She's one of these people no one can say anything to-- but she can say anything she wants, and she's "just that way." She sure can dish it out, but she sure can't take it-- and reacts to any challenge or disagreement by loudly changing the subject to something the other person has done "wrong"-- no matter how distorted or manufactured it is-- and talking louder and louder until she just literally can't hear the other person's voice. I really dislike willed deafness to what anyone else might need to feel.

Luanne can be self-centered and was blithely exploitative to her maid-- which bothered me-- but some how she seems more straightforward and less phony than Ramona, who is always priding herself on this disingenuous honesty.

But then Sonja also gets on my nerves. Her apparent belief that at her age acting like an adolescent (with all the smirking and floucing around about men) is attractive is basically bizarre. I was actually a little sympathetic to the woman last year with the waxing salon-- yeah she shouldn't have had a business conference during breakfast-- but Sonja could have courteously shown her a room where she could have privacy. It was little clumsy and thoughtless on both parts-- but not some unforgiveable disrespect. The Ramona mafia and pecking order that Sonja kept threatening her with would have annoyed me too.

I personally think that a show with interesting people would generate some conflict without descending into bullying, ganging up on people, and really hurtful digs. Maybe the new women will uphold a higher standard-- although previews suggest not.
    sparklete likes this.

Cavendish, I for one think they're all flawed, egomaniacal, childish, social climbers who unwittingly take the stage to display their outstanding witlessness. That's why Bravo hired them, and that's why many of us watch. They're on the outside looking in, snarling and fighting and clawing at one another, desperately reaching for validation and celebrity. Viewers are the insiders, noticing every flaw, laughing because we know they're foolish enough to paste their sorry lives all over the toilet stall walls.

I think Ramona is a twit; she reeks of wannabee. The countass is a supercilious lulu from the block, cast aside by an old man with a usurped title. Sonja is a trophy wife that aged out of the system. The newbies... who knows, maybe they'll be the ones who do beat Bravo's system, showing they're women of substance, elegance, power, dignity and glowing inner beauty. I'm counting on them at least to be entertaining, and I don't think they'll disappoint!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Carol--liking her more and more

Ramona--I like her

Heather-- has been an employee most of her career descending the fashion ranks. I do not really see her as a business person..a spanx wanabe
    Debb70 likes this.
    You can do it!

They are all crazy loons and that's why I watch!
    Give the new wives time and they'll show us that they are just as crazy as the old ones.
    Prism, I understand the point you are making by saying they're on the outside looking in but I think I view them more like being at the zoo or watching an animal act.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Carol--liking her more and more

Ramona--I like her

Heather-- has been an employee most of her career descending the fashion ranks. I do not really see her as a business person..a spanx wanabe
    Wait, so Heather isn't as high on the business world totem pole as she comes across?

So far, I like all the new housewives. They are intelligent and accomplished and I've been wanting to see that in the women on these shows for a long time. Even if Heather's and Ramona's businesses aren't huge, I still like to see them out there doing it. And, I'll watch Sonya's journey with interest.

I'm beginning to think Ramona stays drunk on her Pinot. She's becoming more loud and obnoxious with each new episode. The woman has never had very good social skills and I used to think it was endearing in a way. Anymore she's just flat out drunk. It seems that the pressure to stay relevant on this show is taking it's toll on she and Luass. Luass seems more condesending that ever. A baby? Really? That's the only story line you can come up with?

I like Aviva more and more. While she does have a few phobia's, she acknowledges them. As someone with a 30 year phobia (and still in therapy for it), I relate to her. It's much easier to be open about it than to try and hide it. So what if some people don't get it.

Sonja's so funny.... I really hope her toaster oven thing works out because I don't think she's focused enough to be an event planner. While I think she can probably put together a great party here and there, I think she's too scattered to do it as a business.

Carol.... My jury is still out. Why don't we see her house? The whole boyfriend thing last week was weird. She was a little too flirty with Mario and Mario was too flirty with her. Who acts that way in front of the wife? If Mario hasn't cheated yet, I think he would in heartbeat.

Heather... I'm not sure about her yet either. I think she truly is a very sweet person and has good intentions though.

A couple of things stood out in my mind from last night. Did you catch Aviva say that she changed her son's name when he was 4 years old because she changed her mind about liking it? She said they got professional psychological advice as to whether it would mess with the child's mind or not. Really? They said it wouldn't? That's surprising. THEN she said she wanted to change her daughter's name after she was born too, but her husband said NO, that by doing that she would prove she was officially crazy. LOL

I suspect that all of these women want a shot at a big break with their business ventures, like Bethenny had, so they can become super rich. That's my take on it.

On Live with ANdy, Ramona says they really blow it out when the ladies go on a tropical vacation.

If I didn't already know Ramona from season 1, I probably wouldn't like her. Knowing how she used to be, makes me like her now. I'm not sure what it is. I know she's not perfect, but I still find her amusing and someone charming. I know, it's bizarre. I do think the show would be dull this season without the originals though.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    A couple of things stood out in my mind from last night. Did you catch Aviva say that she changed her son's name when he was 4 years old because she changed her mind about liking it? She said they got professional psychological advice as to whether it would mess with the child's mind or not. Really? They said it wouldn't? That's surprising.
    The kid was 4 months old when she changed his name, not 4 years old, which is why it wouldn't mess with the kid's head. Aviva comes off crazier and crazier as the episodes go by, but at least she knows she's crazy.

That's what I like about Aviva... she knows she a little nutso but admits it... warts and all. On the other hand drunk Ramona doesn't have a clue.

+ Reply to Thread