+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2523Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

- I agree: Sonja definitely wants to be married....but he better have some big bucks....otherwise she'll just keep the men on the side for "fun & games," if you know what I mean. She practically did a strip tease (verbally) for the water leak man. Just a bit obvious, which then becomes a little pathetic for a middle aged woman.
    - Heather is a weird bird....lordy, but I'm tired of hearing about her son's serious illness at birth...surely, a successful business woman and mother could find other things to speak about when getting to know people. Wonder how often she mentions it to people she already knows well?
    - Haven't made up my mind re Aviva yet....and I wasn't bothered by her claim to not be able to breathe w/o her husband. I think she sincerely loves him and they have a great friendship also.
    - Luann is delusional and has convinced herself she's a good mother....but her inner self knows she's not and that keeps nudging her to defend herself.
    - I'm fine with Carole's relationship. She's still young, unmarried and has no children so she should just enjoy herself and date many men who she finds interesting. I really don't get "slutty" from her at all.
    I'm loving the new people....not individually, but for the fact it gives me new blood to pick apart.
    Hey, by filming/showing their lives, they gave me permission to think what I like...normally, I'd try not to be so judgmental so this releases my inner gossipy-self.
    Lizard likes this.

Aviva's comments about her husband--We all want to know that we are loved. Her husband might place a lot of importance on words (Five Languages of Love). So I see nothing wrong with Aviva conveying loving words. (I am not. My parents are not words people either. There showing love without words is infinite and that is really what I find preferable.)

Carol--If I was her mother, I would tell her that I would prefer that her buddy was just a platonic friend. "Missing" can be part of love. But I think it is more often part of the initial infatuation phase, a temporary phase. And the infatuation phase with all its hormones can be very very hard on a female soul.
    Last edited by Lizard; 06-14-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    Oh how I loved it when Carole hopped in the car with her boyfriend driving around Midtown! I'd have to say that was my favorite Housewives moment! No silly bickerfests! It's good to see the city of where they live instead of always being hemmed up in house with tight shots on faces. I want to see the cities of where these ladies live. Seeing New York made me miss it soooo much! If anything the producers might try to make it more travelogue-like! Show us their fabulous stomping grounds without arguements! Show me REAL FABULOUSNESS! I guess I'm asking for too much...
    Oh, I so agree! I'm always wishing they'd pull back with the camera and show what's around the women - on city streets, in retail stores and restaurants, hotels, on safari, whatever. Tight shots are great sometimes for facial expressions, but so contrained it's annoying! Me too.... show me fabulous !
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

you said exactly what i was thinking. ppl shouldn't be so judgemental of others. if it works for them, why do you care? i am in a "nontraditional" relationship and it works PERFECTLY for the two of us . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    I don't recall her saying "boyfriend", I heard "someone I see". As a lifetime single, I have several people who "I see". The relationships with all of them are as different and unique as the person is. Sonja enjoys the same kind of life. Y'all married, traditional folk need to stop being so judgemental. Monogamy ain't for everybody.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Ramona seemed awfully drunk in the park bench scene.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Ramona seemed awfully drunk in the park bench scene.
    She seems awfully drunk to me all the time.
    mayamaisha likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Also...
    The countass seemed awfully mean and condescending in the park bench scene.
    The countass always seems awfully mean and condescending.

Ok, I couldn't help that one, the woman is such haughty wench.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Something is bothering Ramona. She should just relax and trust that everything will be o.k. no matter what. If might be hard for people who are prone to drinking problems to live in that NY life unless they just say "no" to drinking. But you cannot do that if you are selling alcohol. I am not saying that she does have an alcohol problem. And so what if she does. Many people do. I believe it just relates to happenstance. If she is having anxiety problems though, I think the boose will have to go.

I do not see LuAnne the way a lot of you folk do. Remember that she did not come from a well to do background. I see her trying to be nice and trying to be helpful to women. Manners may not have been natural to her. She learned them. And she is proud of what she knows. As adults we might forget that as nice as we are now, we might have had a few mannerless bouts when we were children.

HARRY--Gross for telling people that he slept with these different women. No chivalry. Oinky pig!
    Last edited by Lizard; 06-16-2012 at 07:57 AM.
    You can do it!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Acknowledging pretty much everything you gals have been saying about the current RHNY cast, I have to say that in spite of it all I'm really enjoying this season the most in years, since the very first season. I miss Bethenny A LOT, and I miss Alex, and I am so relieved that Jill and Kelly are no longer on the show --- I wish that LuAnne had been cut as well. But, with the current women, LuAnne, Ramona and the new gals, the show has reverted back to a balance that I prefer --- a little bit of drama and snarkiness, but also a lot more of the Manhattan social scene, and quite a few light, casual moments.

By the way, I found the segment of LuAnne and Jacque "at home" with the kids very, very fascinating. Did you notice how LuAnne bristled and glared at Jacque whenever he didn't support her, or tried to interject some (helpful) suggestions of his own? This is the first time I've actually seen what I've pretty much suspected --- she is definitely the Queen Bee in that relationship and Jacque had better tow her line or he's going to be cast adrift!!!!

I think it's more likely Jack will cut the countass loose. She's overbearing and excessively ego-driven. And it seems Jack is quite a bit younger than her, so I don't see him in it for the long haul; maybe a few years of marriage, maybe less.

Her kids must be hard, what with the absent father and the countass using all her time and energy promoting herself as a social icon; leaves little time or warmth for the kids. They sure don't interact like a warm and loving family on screen. The trouble they've been in - the daughter kicked out of school, her twisted, dark, "art" being promoted as actual art, the son's bad grades, makes them look pathetic.
    Moontat likes this.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

+ Reply to Thread