+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2090Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Oh, Luann thinks she is too busy to bother herself with her son's school issues? That's what she said. She told her son to get his academic problems off her plate. I'm beginning to think Ramona may have been right about her and her kid's issues. AND Luann seemed more embarrassed over the poor grades than anything else.
    She's probably a lousy mother and just "Plays a Good Mother on TV."
    Did anyone happen to notice the dark themes of almost all of her daughter's paintings? I realize she's still a teen and they love to explore the dark side but it surprised me. I've drawn, sketched and painted for many years...never thought to paint skulls .....all the time. Just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    I don't recall her saying "boyfriend", I heard "someone I see". As a lifetime single, I have several people who "I see". The relationships with all of them are as different and unique as the person is. Sonja enjoys the same kind of life. Y'all married, traditional folk need to stop being so judgemental. Monogamy ain't for everybody.
    I believe Sonja does want to be married. It is a security thing like having your momma. ("My husband" words mess up at the table). And Carol said that she wants love......she might be an old groupie.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    She's probably a lousy mother and just "Plays a Good Mother on TV."
    Did anyone happen to notice the dark themes of almost all of her daughter's paintings? I realize she's still a teen and they love to explore the dark side but it surprised me. I've drawn, sketched and painted for many years...never thought to paint skulls .....all the time. Just saying....
    I did find that freaky. Some inner storm....I have drawn as well...never of such things.
    You can do it!

Heather has no social grace. It is painful to watch her have conversations with others. This woman has worked with rich and famous superstars but has the social skills of a peanut. The scene where she and her husband meet Aviva and her husband for dinner just further displayed her social ineptness when Heather told Aviva (out loud in front of both of their husbands), that Aviva's ex-husband confirmed to Heather that he slept with both LuAnn and Sonja. Dinner conversation for husbands first meeting each other and the first time meeting the other "housewife"? Awkward... I miss Alex, who was also beyond socially awkward, but at least she had two brains cells to rub together so she had a wittiness that Heather painfully lacks. And rather than laugh at Heather's social issues, I just cringe (while with Alex, I laughed while cringing).

But I'm not a fan of Aviva's either. I couldn't imagine saying "what would I do without my husband, I wouldn't be able to breathe without him!" Sorry, comes off very weak to me. It's not clear to me whether she has a career or if her life solely revolves around her second husband and young children at home? Nothing wrong with that, but it is NY. Alex had young kids but was pushing her ambitions to the forefront of the show. Other than Aviva's disability, I am wondering what else she brings to the show. Also bothered me the way she immediately sucked up to Carol about her book. I feel like we will see Aviva self-doubt and insecurities loom up more, mostly in regards to the other ladies and her ex-husband, whose, bedroom activities should concern her no more and should not affect her present relationships with the NYC housewives in such a nasty way as I foresee and anticipate.

I saw Bethenny this week who said she got Aviva her job on HW of NYC. She said Aviva had been turned down before, but she knew Aviva and contacted Bravo (Andy Cohen) and told them that Aviva was perfect for the role. You know how that must have gone over with Jill. Oh my.......LOL

Miadora, I hated that weakness too....

where Aviva said "what would I do without my husband, I wouldn't be able to breathe without him!"

That statement of hers frequently foretells the beginning of the end for a marriage. How can she not know that?
    miadora likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Was Countess LuAnn's Teenage Daughter Kicked Out Of Private School? | Radar Online

In this old news, daughter of the countass was kicked out of Ross school. Also remember something about the countass saying the daughter broke her wrist jumping out her window at night to sneak away. The daughter has some uglyish dark paintings in her garage, not what I'd be proud of - but maybe what the "art world" loves. The countass has her hands full with those teenagers, probably because they have no parents.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Regular

I hate to say it but I'm sure the reason Luann is so upset at Ramona saying she isn't a full time parent is because she knows she's exactly right. The truth hurts of course.

But I can't emphasize enough that none of these women are good parents, simply by virtue of whoring themselves out (and their family by proxy) for fame.

Oh how I loved it when Carole hopped in the car with her boyfriend driving around Midtown! I'd have to say that was my favorite Housewives moment! No silly bickerfests! It's good to see the city of where they live instead of always being hemmed up in house with tight shots on faces. I want to see the cities of where these ladies live. Seeing New York made me miss it soooo much! If anything the producers might try to make it more travelogue-like! Show us their fabulous stomping grounds without arguements! Show me REAL FABULOUSNESS! I guess I'm asking for too much...
    Imperfect1, Debb70 and sparklete like this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

FORT Fogey

You're forgetting that we got to see the city when Kelly went running in traffic,
    Coco46 and Debb70 like this.

+ Reply to Thread