+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2625Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I think that is how it works. Did they say that his mother is not Jewish?
    Heather said that she lives as a Jew, but she has not officially converted. If she isn't officially a Jew, then I don't understand how her kids can be Jewish, regardless of what she says. I guess it's no big deal, except that her husband and the father of those babies is the son of a Rabbi. I just foind that odd. I would think it would be a big deal. Maybe not.

FORT Fogey

Just like Christians, Judiasm is different for every single Jew. Some are very observant, some are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Carol's age is not on wiki. Can only guess she is in the 50s. She is publishing a book about dating in the more advanced age. I have single friends in their 50s. I do not think age is a factor. Whatever barriers that existed at the young age for women just seem to stay there at the older age.

I am guessing that Carol identifies with the Kennedies and Radziwell title. I do not think she wants to lose that identity. Or the fake guys she is interested in are agists not interested in her.
    Carole Radziwill Dons Sheer Dress At TV Land Awards (PHOTOS, POLL)
    Huff Post says she's 48. I'm liking this new group of housewives, should get more interesting than before. Bet jillzarin is glued to her television.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

She is lucky she looks good (to not get arrested by the fashion police). The ones I see who do that around here look like they are trying too hard. If I did that people would think I lost my middle aged marbles.

I am not liking Heather. I do not like her saying Ramona is in a magazine next to garbage cans...what nice person would say something like that.
    You can do it!

Luanne and Ramona are just alike. They both have hurt feelings and make some efforts to directly solve their arguing. But the defensively posture makes them unwilling to just let go...and apologize.

I am warming up to Carol more. The most favorable thing I can say is that she is dreamy; and girlfriend is not afraid of putting herself out there. Perhaps the husband's death is a factor in that.
    Steven Tyler does write some of the most romantic music out there, ultra dreamy. But it does not look like his reality matches the drug infused dream.

I think Carol might be an age fibber because she is attracted to younger men.
    You can do it!

Is anyone confused about Carole's life? She has a boyfriend, but they are both free to see other people and do what they like when apart? Hmmm.....she sounds unhappy. Did you hear how she described what she wants in a man?
    I laughed as she tried to push that cat outfit on Aviva and some guy in the shop. I thought it was horrible. LOL Something about her in the car with her boyfriend that seemed sad to me.

I felt sympathy for Heather in the loss of her dad, but she seemed very uncomfortable in her home at that celebration party. I also noticed that she tends to try to use slang terms that are quite dated. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it just sounds odd IMO. She said "Holla" and "Shut up." Most people stopped doing that years ago.

Sorry, but Ramona cracks me up. Watching her and Luann argue is just amusing to me. Oh, Luann thinks she is too busy to bother herself with her son's school issues? That's what she said. She told her son to get his academic problems off her plate. I'm beginning to think Ramona may have been right about her and her kid's issues. AND Luann seemed more embarrassed over the poor grades than anything else.
    Moontat likes this.

FORT Regular

Good points about Luann - similar thoughts were going through my head during the scene with her son failing French (and Math) class. But I also have a hard time believing the children of any of the women who would go on these type of shows could be well adjusted. Teens are already naturally embarrassed by their moms. Can you imagine how embarrassing it must be to have your mom broadcasted across the world, loss of privacy, teasing at school, and then having to focus on school. The same goes for Ramona's kids and the kids of everyone on the cast of any reality TV show. I know I wouldn't be able to deal well with that unless my goal in life was to be a reality TV star myself.
    Last edited by scootad; 06-12-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Is anyone confused about Carole's life? She has a boyfriend, but they are both free to see other people and do what they like when apart? Hmmm.....she sounds unhappy. Did you hear how she described what she wants in a man? Something about her in the car with her boyfriend that seemed sad to me.
    The boyfriend - probably we'll soon learn Carole is simply his quick lay in NY, and she's the only one who thinks it's a relationship. She could do a million percent better.
    Lizard likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fan

I don't recall her saying "boyfriend", I heard "someone I see". As a lifetime single, I have several people who "I see". The relationships with all of them are as different and unique as the person is. Sonja enjoys the same kind of life. Y'all married, traditional folk need to stop being so judgemental. Monogamy ain't for everybody.
    Trust Me!

Ok I find Ramona to be a rather nasty and rude old shrew. That is all.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread