+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1538Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I finally watched the episode, and it was the first time I've been remotely interested in what was going on since Bethenny left.

First, I'm glad for who they got rid of. Kevlar Kelly was making me uncomfortable - it felt like Bravo was exploiting someone who was truly mentally ill. JillZarin is just tiresome, and Alex was losing it at the end too. Now if only they'd get rid of LuAnne.

LuAnne is just the opposite of class. Why she thinks it's appropriate to bring up her issues with someone at a third person's party is beyond me. It's uncomfortable, it's unfair to the other person who maybe doesn't want to deal with the issue in public, and it's really unfair to the host who was kind enough to invite them. What Ramona said about her kids was wayyy out of line, one of the only things I think LuAnne has done well is really kept her kids off the show for the most part. That being said, there was plenty of time between the reunion, when all of this blew up, and this party for LuAnne to clear the air if that was truly her intention.

Another thing LuAnne does that bothers me is she brings up an issue she has with someone, in public, does her scolding, and then wants it to be dropped because "this is a party darrrrrrling". It gives the other person no chance to react, and it's maddening, and it keeps her from ever being held accountable for her behavior.

I like Aviva so far. At first I was concerned because she seemed to be tight with LuAnne but she seems to maybe be truly classy? I guess we'll see.

I dislike Heather so far. At her meeting with Ramona, she brought up her son and his liver transplant, and then when Ramona shared an experience (which is what a conversation is....) got kind of offended and made fun of her, and I thought that was just terrible. In my experience, people who complain about people "one-upping" them, if it's not incredibly obvious, are the kind of people who are used to everyone hanging on their every word and can't handle sharing the spotlight.

Carol seemed intelligent enough, and interesting, but I didn't like her comment about mommy talk. It's one thing if she was in a one-on-one conversation, I don't like that either. I don't fault her for being annoyed, but she was at a party with dozens of other people, she could have simply gone and talked to someone else without making Aviva and Ramona uncomfortable. Also, I thought it was completely appropriate in that setting, with Aviva and Ramona just meeting, to discuss the fact that they had kids. It's part of getting to know each other, just like where a person's from and what they do.
    Jexter and Moontat like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I finally watched the episode, and it was the first time I've been remotely interested in what was going on since Bethenny left.

First, I'm glad for who they got rid of. Kevlar Kelly was making me uncomfortable - it felt like Bravo was exploiting someone who was truly mentally ill. JillZarin is just tiresome, and Alex was losing it at the end too. Now if only they'd get rid of LuAnne.

LuAnne is just the opposite of class.......
    Couldn't have said it better. I haven't tuned in to NYC since Bethany's last season. Just couldn't take these 3. I was a supporter of LuAnne for a bit, but boy, she's just clueless I think and may taste for her has gone down.

I will watch given the new batch of women. Accomplished and educated - not just for who they married. What a refreshing concept. I'm holding off on any opinions for a bit, but I am already having pangs of dislike for the one who owns the clothing line.
    SugarMama likes this.

FORT Fogey

I used to like LuAnn too, I used to think she was trying her best, and I think at the beginning she was. I don't know.

I still don't like Ramona, either. I never have. I think she's probably a good-hearted person but honesty is no excuse for meanness. I really believe if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it, unless it's a really important situation or you're asked your opinion.
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Regular

I don't like Ramona either. While I can't say I like Heather, I agree with her that Ramona is a narcissist and everything is always about her. You never see a conversation that someone starts with her that doesn't end up with Ramona taking over the conversation and making it all about her life, that time that the same thing happened to her and how she was the victim in whatever situation, etc. I hate people like that. In the same vein, I didn't like how Heather seemed to talk about her child's liver condition nonstop to everyone who would listen, and as the very first thing she brought up when meeting people. It was a bit tacky. But alas this is reality tv and they are all narcissists. LuAnne doesnt irk me as much.
    norealityhere and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

I get what everyone is saying about Ramona, but for some reason, I'm not bothered by her too much. There is something about her overall enthusiasm about life that I find endearing, and I do think she is a pretty good mother which I adore. One of the best seasons of the entire franchise for me was NYC season 1. In the very last clip of the very last episode, Ramona danced with Simon. It was beyond charming. What that told me is that she is willing to listen and learn. She may be horrble along the way and it may take her a long time, but I think her mind is far more open and kind than LuAnn's. I also like that she built her own business from scratch. If I could pick anyone's mind about starting business, it would be her.

I do agree that she should keep her mouth shut if she doesn't have something nice to say.

I never took to Sonya - ever. But I may sing a different tune this season. She's a woman on the brink and on some level I sort of relate to her that way
    Moontat, Debb70 and SugarMama like this.

My issue with Ramona is it always seems as though she just had consumed 10 RED BULLS.
    candor and Coco46 like this.
    KAREN

I really like Aviva.
    Not a fan of Heather.
    I find Carole overly annoying. Disliked the conversation about the mommy talk and the overly short skirts just make her look even older than she is.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I don't really like any of them.....but that's why I watch these shows.
    GabbyG, Prism and Coco46 like this.

After socially correct talk among the guests at Sonja's party, enter Ramona & Mario. For sure they're viewed as lowlife wannabees, with Mario's obsequious blather and Ramona's non-stop nervous word vomit, they clinched their joint position as interlopers. All that talk about who cannot get a couple words heard -- Mario & Ramona took the title; they are so desperately trying to impress everyone, they just could not shut their insipid mouths!

Aviva (the one with the partial artificial leg?) surely has the bonafides to have empathy and good judgment- I hope to see her as a voice of reason, and hope she doesn't disappoint.

Royalty is already bonding - the countass with her fakey bakey title, and Carole Radziwill with the leftover tiara from her married-to-a-Stanislaw-relative-of JackieO years. Carole might really come from a cultured and socially ranked family, and the countass will break every fingernail clawing her way up to Carole's level. Should be fun !
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Carol's age is not on wiki. Can only guess she is in the 50s. She is publishing a book about dating in the more advanced age. I have single friends in their 50s. I do not think age is a factor. Whatever barriers that existed at the young age for women just seem to stay there at the older age.

I am guessing that Carol identifies with the Kennedies and Radziwell title. I do not think she wants to lose that identity. Or the fake guys she is interested in are agists not interested in her.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread