+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2610Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I think this is going to be a good bunch. They're a lot smarter than the OC housewives, that's for sure. I read Carole Radziwill's memoir ("What Remains") a few years ago and it was really, really good. Lots of interesting stories about JFK Jr.
    Jexter and Debb70 like this.

I have it all taped. Have not seen it yet. Oh, I hope its not boring.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I have it all taped. Have not seen it yet. Oh, I hope its not boring.
    It kept me awake. LOL

I just read that the new HW, Carole, was not only married to the nephew of Jackie Kennedy, she was best friends with Carolyn Kennedy, (John Jr.'s wife). Carole lost her husband to cancer within 4 weeks of John Jr. and Carolyn Kennedy's death in the plane crash. Unreal. What a tragedy. I may have to read her book. Here's a link about her.

Carole Radziwill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-05-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    Jexter likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I think this is going to be a good bunch. They're a lot smarter than the OC housewives, that's for sure. I read Carole Radziwill's memoir ("What Remains") a few years ago and it was really, really good. Lots of interesting stories about JFK Jr.
    SOOOO glad Bravo introduced some more intellect or depth or something into not only this city, but the franchise at large.

It missed the boat in Washington DC.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I kinda liked Carole; she seemed actually smart and conceivable as a writer, unlike Kelly Jelly Bellies. And dear gods, I've been trapped in the "mommy" conversation too many times that I actually identified with someone who lives far, far above my pay grade. I know plenty of smart, funny, intellectual women who are stay at home moms who can talk about more than kid stuff. But some can't and I don't want to hear about chicken nuggets unless they want to hear about the sale at Petsmart on pet food.

Heather is the new JillZarinofZarinFabrics or Vjazzel Cindy. Copy Spanx much? Ramona was right--she runs her mouth too much and is contradictory. Don't like her at all. Aviva seems just "meh". So her ex is a player. She's (allegedly) happily married and should be well over the Harry relationship by now.

And good lord, the Ramona/Luanne fight is soooo manufactured. At this point, I wish they'd rebooted the entire cast. I don't need Lu's holier-than-thou attitude and I don't need any more of Ro's crazy eyes.
    Lizard likes this.

Luanne was on The Wendy Williams show yesterday. Wendy couldn't believe that at 47 she and her boyfriend are trying to have a baby! While the audience applauded, I got the feeling they were not into Luanne. Her hair looked great though. I don't care for that style she normally wears on the show. A more current style takes 10 years off her IMO. Oh, Luanne has a new dress and jewelry line coming out.

Luanne said she just really felt she deserves an apology from Ramona. She seemed VERY fond of Heather. I guess that's because Heather and Ramona are at odds.

I have a fantasy of telling people who talk too much that they have a problem with that. I think everyone knows someone with that issue. You see them in the grocery store, but turn the isle hoping to escape them, because they won't shut up. Even when you say, OH, I'm in hurry. I'm double parked and the kids are home waiting for their dinner, it doesn'tr matter. THey still won't end the conversation. You just have to walk away from them. And getting off the phone with them? Don't get me started. LOL

The applause sounds as if they had to turn the sign on, plus I hated that WW seems to think the countless is taking some high road.
    Moontat and Debb70 like this.

I wanted to hear what Mario had to say. That cannot be the first time Heather has done that...Must be some type of disorder.
    You can do it!

OMG. I'm very pleased after seeing Heather and Aviva's husbands. Last night they had this 12 minute video that showed Avivo, Heather and their husbands having dinner together. I think both husbands are really attractive. I think they showed them before, but I didn't pay attention. They actually got to talk during this dinner. Heather's husband is the son of Rabbi. Heather has not converted, though she lives the life of a Jew. THat's what she said. How does that work. I thought the religion of the mother dictated that of the child in the Jewish faith. ???

In the dinner Aviva defends Ramona in the thing with Luann.

During the dinner, I didn't notice Heather interrupting others. Perhaps she took note after Ramona's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OMG. I'm very pleased after seeing Heather and Aviva's husbands. Last night they had this 12 minute video that showed Avivo, Heather and their husbands having dinner together. I think both husbands are really attractive. I think they showed them before, but I didn't pay attention. They actually got to talk during this dinner. Heather's husband is the son of Rabbi. Heather has not converted, though she lives the life of a Jew. THat's what she said. How does that work. I thought the religion of the mother dictated that of the child in the Jewish faith. ???
    I think that is how it works. Did they say that his mother is not Jewish?

+ Reply to Thread