+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Looks like Ramona is getting the bad edit this season. Since Jill is gone someone has to be the bad guy.

Well, that firecracker was short-lived.

No more NYC Housewives for me. The previews offer nothing for me. I wanted a window into the lives of "uber-wealthy women" -- what it seems I'm now getting is wraunchy, unladylike women (LuLu included), and I can't waste one hour of my life every week on them.

I with they'd brought back Alex, dumped Luanne, and gone in a different direction, instead of this anti-Ramona direction.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't."

~~ Margaret Thatcher
    Moontat likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

*yawn*
    Ramona's still crazy. Sonia's still a sexpot. Lulu's still disgusted by everyone. The new girls were boring. I actually miss Alex and Simon.
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    *yawn*
    Ramona's still crazy. Sonia's still a sexpot. Lulu's still disgusted by everyone. The new girls were boring. I actually miss Alex and Simon.
    Exactly! Alex and Simon created controversy sometimes, but it was a mixture of fun and puzzlement. These women are just more "Jill-Kelly wannabees"
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I'm still going to continue to watch...even thought everything that everyone has said here is so very true....especially Lulu who really does think everyone is beneath her level in life.
    Right now, I'm just interested in these new ladies and to see what's in store with this mix.

Watching the show I was wondering what producers thought was suppose to make these ladies interesting to us. But I guess the control garment lady's husband might be uber rich. Aviva is gorgeous and positive role model for those missing limbs. And then the Kennedy related chick.

This is New York. I would have liked to see one that has some sort of real fashion link.

Ramona and Luanne say things that are really beyond apology. They are in a forced situation because of the show. In general I would say that there is no need to apologize. But because they have to be around other people and really should not bring the other people down, I say apologize and quit the name calling. There is really no good that can become of that. Would they like to hear others in her real life going at it the way those two have? No. Just leave each other alone.

I like that Sonia is not especially combative.

THE NEW GIRLS
    * Carol--I do not have children. I cannot identify with her saying people with childrens lives are boring. I like to listen. It makes me recall my childhood and think of goodness. It is "life." I guess she is more interested in getting to meet well known people.
    * Aviva--Good impression. Maybe she has interesting parties we can see
    * Other--She is boring. She talks too much. Instead of just shutting up, she talks more and more and more. Combative and mean on the first meeting........Bad first impression. As of yet there is nothing I can identify with. Bring back Alexis.
    Last edited by Lizard; 06-05-2012 at 07:57 AM.
    Moontat likes this.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

I'm not willing to give up on this cast quite yet. I do like the dynamic of all the women being on more of the same level socially and economically. With the old cast, there seemed to be some "control" excercised by some of the women because they were wealthier, and kind of held the others under their thumb. People like LuAnn can't hold that kind of control over the new women, because they have their own money and their own connections, and don't need the acceptance. I also like that there are as many new women as their are veterans, so you don't have the lonely dynamic of one new odd man out. I thought you could definitely see LuAnn, Ramona, and Sonya jockeying for position with the new women last night, and it was kind of funny to watch. There are also slight similarities between them that become really funny. I LOVED the way Ramona kept on criticizing the new woman who works in fashion for talking too much. They did a great job of editing that to be clear that Ramona was blasting her for things she's guilty of herself. I also got a kick out of the way all the women competed against each other for the greatest tragedies. "My husband died of cancer". "Oh yeah, well my baby had a liver transplant" "Oh yeah, well I almost died giving birth" "Well that's nothing - I lost a leg!" "Oh darling, listen up, my husband humiliated me dumping me for another woman" "mine too! Mine too!"
    Prism, Debb70 and sparklete like this.

I believe I saw about 15 minutes in bit and pieces of this show. If Luann had such an issue as to what Ramona said about her parenting (or lack of) she should have spoken to Ramona directly after the reunion show taped 6-9 months ago. Seems the producers want to beat a long dead horse. I honesty forgot what Ramona had said. Thing is I do believe what Ramona said hit the nail too close to home. Face it Countless Ramona got your number & called you out on it and you didn't like it. You ARE chosing your faux Frenchman over you children. They may be teenagers & not need 24/7 care as an infant but teenagers are quite frankly harder. They are more resourceful & can and do get into more trouble. Sorry but at their age you need to watch them like a hawk not cavorting around with Jackie. Oh Vey....I went for the remote after that. I will read updates for all of you but color me DONE.

Glad Ramona didn't fall for her baiting. Normally I dodn't like to bring kids up. If their parents chose to acts like complete fools that is on them & not a reflection on the kids. The exception to this is teresa for NJ. You put a 10 year up to be filmed during a hissy fit you open yourself up.
    SugarMama likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Ramona is either getting a super bad edit this season or she's more delusional than ever. She needs to just shut the eff up sometimes. She also seems more obnoxious than usual. Too much Pinoit maybe?

Sonja is fun as usual. I love her.

Countless seemed more condescending than usual. It seems she and Ramona are vying for top housewife honors.

Aviva seems nice and she has a good storyline with the leg and all. I do hope however that it isn't brought up in every show.

Carol is boring. I agree with other posters, we need Alexis and Simon back. They can replace Carol.

Heather was the most interesting to me and not always in a good way. At first she came across as all "rainbows and unicorns" but then she just got weird. She never stops talking. I've never seen anyone talk over people the way she does. I'm not sure what to make of of her.

Apparently, I liked the season premire more than most here. I actually thought it was refreshing to see new faces, though I was an Alex and Simon fan too. I'm not sure why Andy got rid of them.

Liked Aviva, but I'm not sure about Carol yet. Heather has obviously been given the witch role and she is going to play it up right. They are laying the foundation for her to be one of the most hated. It's obvious the ladies are promoting their own agendas.

As crazy as Ramona seems to be, I still like her and so far, she's still my favorite. I guess they are going to run with the Luanne is ticked off at Ramona over some comment about her kids as the top storyline this season.

Did any of you see the long trailer at the end of the show. It had scenes from the rest of the season and man it was WILD! What a mess! Aviva calling Ramona and Sonja white trash to their faces! LOL I can't wait!

Oh, I almost forgot. Did you see the Kim (HW of Beverly Hills) blouse Aviva had on? It was white with a bow tied around the neck! VERY similar to Kim's famous 80's style blouse. Was that done for fun or what? Too funny. I had one just like it in 1982.
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-05-2012 at 11:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread