+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2227Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post

Of all the Housewives, the one I seem to care least about is Kelly. She doesn't move me in any direction. She's more of a nuisance than anything, and I'm glad she's leaving.
    I'm very glad Kelly is gone also. I really hated that someone who had nothing to offer was made into a celeb.....yes, I know we've got a lot of "created celebs" like Kardashians, etc but at least they have something to showcase (pretty face, giant butt). Kelly has nothing. She's not that pretty (altho she was once), her body is oddly shaped, her IQ is 5, She's been nipped and tucked so much that she's definitely not "authentic" (as she kept telling Alex.) There's just nothing there, except she married well once.
    Duckyface and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Too funny. I loved Jill when she and Bethany were friends. When that relationship soured - for whatever reason - Jill's bitterness got the best of her - and of me. I couldn't take her anymore. Although just to be clear, from what I've read, etc. Bethany was not a decent person when that went down. As much as I've grown to dislike Jill, I take her side in the war between those two.

I have trouble thinking of a show that Jill would do well on for any length of time. Her personality is so abrasive that I can't see her lasting on much of anything.

Reg. Alex and Simon, I think the whole show went to their heads. They remind me of Kate from Kate + 8. Each swears that we have't seen the last of them on TV. That is ego talking. Neither has the fan base to support much of anything beyond their respective reality tv roots. It's come and gone.

Unlike Kate, however, I like Alex and Simon. They just didn't have the saavy to parlay their TV experience into something long-term - either on the show or in some other venture, which I find to be sad. They were naive coming on the show and they leave it just as naive - and with a false sense of tv security. I hope they are successful in whateever it is they choose to do.

Of all the Housewives, the one I seem to care least about is Kelly. She doesn't move me in any direction. She's more of a nuisance than anything, and I'm glad she's leaving. And, as much as I hate to say it, I'm glad Jill, Alex and Simon are also gone.
    REF. your comments on Bethenny and Jill. I saw Bethenny talking about what happened on HW of NY with her and Jill and she referred to it at least twice as a storyline. I found that odd and am not sure why she did that. I have my suspicions.

Jeanna was on one of those celebrity news show & she was asked about whether things were true or scripted. She basically said nothing was "scripted" in that sense of the word but they would be asked to bring up something & "discuss" it that might have happened the prior week. She said none of them were actually "real" friends in real life.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

My guess is that there was Bethenny and Jill's storyline and then there was Bethenny and Jill's real friendship. When there was tension in their real friendship, that was brought into the storyline, and then once it was in the storyline, the two became intertwined and inseparable. It became hard for them to distinguish what was being prompted by the producers and what was real.

Just my theory.
    sparklete and Ewok like this.

I am sorry that Alex is gone. I guess they had their interesting person list and they wanted the newbees more. Because she is kind, I think she will get an offer elsewhere, bigger and better things. Lulu is ok. She has some fashion inroads maybe??? To make sense keeping her...just guessing
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Newbie

That's totally what I figured happened too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I am sorry that Alex is gone. I guess they had their interesting person list and they wanted the newbees more. Because she is kind, I think she will get an offer elsewhere, bigger and better things. Lulu is ok. She has some fashion inroads maybe??? To make sense keeping her...just guessing
    Did you see Alex and Simon on What's Happening Live with Andy Cohen on Halloween? It was funny! Simon was dressed as Herman Monster and Alex as his wife. You would never have recognized them if not told who they were. They said they just dropped by the show to say hi. I suspect they are working on getting their own show or working their way back on HW's. All the other guests on the show that night were Bravo stars.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Simon's Herman Munster costume was really good. It was hard to tell exactly who was underneath the Herman and Lily makeup.

That WWHL show was stupid and boring, I thought. It was the longest 30 minutes I've ever sat through.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think that Andy tries to fit too much in on those holiday shows and it doesn't work out that well.

Jill Zarin was on Iron Chef Sunday night. She tried to make a joke how she is a cook rather than a chef & then made a reference to how fans of Real Housewives would be the only ones who got that joke.
    Correct me if I am wrong here but didn't Jillzarin miss the trip to Scary Island so her reference really fell flat. This was really strange since it seemed, at least to me, that the male celebrity judge sitting next to jillzarin had to basically coach her on why the dish did or didn't work. The secret ingredient was...trout! Nothing exotic at all!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread