+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

When does this show start up again? I'm ready to see what's up.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

A lot of people are requesting Cat Ommanney (former RHDC) to be one of the new cast memebers for RHNY. I would love to see that!!! Especially after her joint appearance with LuAnne on WWHL, where she didn't take any guff from LuAnne and gave as good as she got!!! It would be so refreshing to see someone on the show who could really put LuAnne in her place ---- and at the same time be a fascinating and interesting cast member.
    JustJuls and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

Alex and Simon made a comment about their departure, explaining it by saying that Bravo wanted to get more of the uber-wealthy people of NYC on the show (like the women on the Beverly Hills version) and that they didn't fit that bill. That sounded to me like they want it to get back more to being a peek inside the lives of really wealthy people instead of the bickering, fighting, and putting people in their places.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    That sounded to me like they want it to get back more to being a peek inside the lives of really wealthy people instead of the bickering, fighting, and putting people in their places.
    From their press releases, that's exactly what they're trying to do. But then why is Jill out and bankrupt Sonja in? I think it's because the 3 new girls run in similar circles (or have "baggage" tie-ins) with the 3 left. Anyway, the 4 girls will do cameos and could come back if the new girls don't work out. I wish they could get Gayfryd Steinberg types.

Jill was on Wendy Williams last night. She said she may be appearing on a new reality show. Things are in the works, so she can't release any details. I wonder what in the world she could be doing! Wendy told her that she wished she and Bethenny could reconcile. She said she did too, maybe some day.

I saw Bethenny's Story on E: Behind the Scenes Hollywood, that features Bethenny, last night. VERY interesing for those who want to know more about Bethenny. I posted some on her thread. They had lots of interesting details about her life.

One thing of great interest is the way BETHENNY described the fallout with Jill on HW of NY. She called it the storyline. She never admitted anything happened in real life, but that itwas the storyline that they were good friends and the storyline had them part. I found that quite odd. She never came out and denied it happened in real life, but it was just the way she used that term.

One thing she did say is that the other ladies were not thrilled when she got her own show on Bravo. Andy was on and at first he was not so sure about Bethenny. After he got to know her, he said he was CERTAIN she would do GREAT with her own show.

They aired this last night on Wendy's show too. It's SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!! A fan impersonates Ramona. It's a scream. She's got it prefectly too!

Ramona Singer's Real Housewives Address - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    They aired this last night on Wendy's show too. It's SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!! A fan impersonates Ramona. It's a scream. She's got it prefectly too!

That's very funny and very Ramona! Well done
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

That was brilliant!! She really has Ramona down perfectly.
    Thanks for the link!

Simon & Alex were on GMA this morning. They claimed it was Jill who requested the be fired. Simon claimed that Jill acted like a jr high school girl. Anyway Simon & Alex are starting a home decoration line I think called Aluxe.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Simon & Alex were on GMA this morning. They claimed it was Jill who requested the be fired. Simon claimed that Jill acted like a jr high school girl. Anyway Simon & Alex are starting a home decoration line I think called Aluxe.
    Too funny. I loved Jill when she and Bethany were friends. When that relationship soured - for whatever reason - Jill's bitterness got the best of her - and of me. I couldn't take her anymore. Although just to be clear, from what I've read, etc. Bethany was not a decent person when that went down. As much as I've grown to dislike Jill, I take her side in the war between those two.

I have trouble thinking of a show that Jill would do well on for any length of time. Her personality is so abrasive that I can't see her lasting on much of anything.

Reg. Alex and Simon, I think the whole show went to their heads. They remind me of Kate from Kate + 8. Each swears that we have't seen the last of them on TV. That is ego talking. Neither has the fan base to support much of anything beyond their respective reality tv roots. It's come and gone.

Unlike Kate, however, I like Alex and Simon. They just didn't have the saavy to parlay their TV experience into something long-term - either on the show or in some other venture, which I find to be sad. They were naive coming on the show and they leave it just as naive - and with a false sense of tv security. I hope they are successful in whateever it is they choose to do.

Of all the Housewives, the one I seem to care least about is Kelly. She doesn't move me in any direction. She's more of a nuisance than anything, and I'm glad she's leaving. And, as much as I hate to say it, I'm glad Jill, Alex and Simon are also gone.

+ Reply to Thread