+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2466Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    This is from my FB page (yes I'm a fan of Alex) lol

Alex McCord & Simon van Kempen
    I can confirm that I have not been 'fired' by BRAVO for next season's Real Housewives of New York City. There are many rumors swirling around. Here’s the truth - Simon & I are still under consideration for season 5 & we'll know one way or another very soon. I have to laugh at all the purported 'insiders' giving 'off the record' quotes. Some of the things I've read are frankly just absurd. Check back here or on Twitter & I'll let you know the truth when I know something definitive. Alex
    Thanks livin......I know that after the reunion, Andy Cohen and Bravo received so much negative feedback and put out statements that viewer voices were heard and there would be a shake-up in the cast. As much as I like Alex and Simon (and I have from the beginning) I can see that they and most likely Cindy could be on the chopping block. On the other hand, as much as I dislike Jill, I can't see them getting rid of her. Like it or not, she really is the face of that show. I also can't see them getting rid of Jill's new BFF Kelly. Where else can you find that much crazy? I hated last season of the Jersey girls because all they did was say how much they hated Danielle yet talked about her in every scene. They made the right move by bringing Teresa's family on. I'm thinking that might be a smart move for RHNY. We already have former friends Jill and Ramona who are at each others throats but a disgruntled family member or two sure wouldn't hurt.

FORT Fogey

I think that Cindy will be gone, no question. There's just not enough to her to justify her being on the show. It would make sense to me for them to get of Kelly for the same reason. She brings negative, strange energy to the show, which is not productive. Beyond that, she brings nothing. We rarely see Kelly doing anything that does not involve fighting with the other women. I agree that in many ways Jill is the face of the show, and for that reason, I can understand why they would keep her. But she has also been at the center of most of the negative "bully" like behavior of the show whether she is doing it herself or instigating others. So if they are concerned about how nasty its gotten, then getting rid of her would fix that problem. Alex I think is the opposite of Kelly. She brings things to the show outside of the fighting that are interesting. Simon of course adds a memorable element. And some of the things they show with her balancing work and family, and trying to manage her kids with their unique parenting approach is amusing. But when they get into the fighting, Alex comes across as so irrational, nervous, and out of control that it doesn't help things. If they are going to try to cut back on the fighting, that would fix Alex's problem. My guess is that Kelly and Cindy will be gone, and either Jill OR Alex will be gone, but not both.
    Prism likes this.

Andy on Regis & Kelly this morning said no decision has been made.

I'll only go back to watching if they keep Alex, Ramona & Sonja. The rest need to be fired. Especially Jill & Lulu. When Bethenny called Lu a snake, no truer words were spoken.

FORT Fogey

I'd be okay with Luann sticking around. I don't like her as a person, and she's not someone I'd ever personally want to be friends with. But I think she's interesting to watch. Its amusing to see her inflated sense of self, and the little winks to the camera that Bravo gives the audience that confirm everyone is in on the joke except for Luann. And she does participate in the fighting, but not on the same nasty distracting level as Jill. I think that if she lost her allies in Kelly and Jill, she'd also lose her courage to provoke many of the fights.
    Prism likes this.

jillzarin was on one of the showbiz talk shows last night to discuss the Salahi's & she was asked about the rumor she was let go by Bravo. She neither confirmed or denied the rumor but her body language said she was gone....just sayin
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

She tweeted a link to the comment, and I got the same impression watching it. She essentially said that with reality TV, you don't get fired - you film a season, and then after you discuss what terms you want, and the network discusses what terms they want, and if you agree, you came back. It sounded to me like they're getting rid of her, but she's trying to make it sound like she knows she's worth more than they were willing to pay her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess zero dollars would beat whatever they want to pay her anyday of the week, huh?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I pray all the firing rumors are true. I'm sick of most of these women. Either they need to cancel it or get new ladies.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kireelady View Post
    I pray all the firing rumors are true. I'm sick of most of these women. Either they need to cancel it or get new ladies.
    Season 1 of NYC was my all time favorite season of the entire Housewives franchise (followed closely by Beverly Hills S1). Season 2 was good, but the addition of Kelly put the mojo off somehow. It just went down hill for me from that point on. Even Alex and Simon, who I adored in S1, fell flat. And, Jill without Bethany (and Bethany without Jill), just doesn't work for me.

I haven't watched since Sonya's arrivel. I didn't really care for her either!

Maybe it's me.

This was on Huff Post yesterday, 9/16; if the countass says so, it must be true. I'll miss Alex, they should have fired the countass instead.
    LuAnn De Lesseps Talks New 'Housewives' After Casting Shake Up

After breaking the news that three original members of "The Real Housewives of New York" cast, Jill Zarin, Alex McCord and Kelly Bensimon, have been let go from the series and will not be returning next season if all goes as planned, now we can reveal that Bravo has already replaced them.

“Well I can say that we were picked up and we're supposed to start shooting in October and apparently there are three or four that they are trading in and out,” renewed cast member LuAnn de Lesseps told "New York Live" host Jane Hanson and me this week.

Although de Lesseps would not reveal the identities of the new cast members, insiders tell me all three are fresh, bold and wealthy.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread