+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1514Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I agree. I think he knows how stupid these women make themselves look. I think he just sits back and lets them dig their own graves. Some of the looks he gives makes it clear to me that it is a joke between him and the viewing audience - and that he is in on it with us and is completely aware of how stupid these women are - and how intelligent we all are to see it.
    He used to share those looks with Bethenny when she was there. Do you remember last reunion, when KrazyKelly started talking about how she created an alcoholic lemonade drink? He gave Bethenny this look like "Can you believe this crazy B**ch??" and I about died laughing.

I really bristled at Kelly's comments about Bethenny's success, that she was smart to brand the word "skinny" because she implied that the word "skinny" was the secret to Bethenny's success. I'll admit, she made a smart move jumping into the health food arena, but she also filled a whole in the market. There's low-calorie beer, but when have you ever been able to purchase a low-calorie cocktail before, with the alcohol already added? It was a brilliant idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    In this smashing interview Kelly explains how she just waltzed up to Columbia and told them they should take her and then taught herself physics in the physics library. and it was amazing; like really.
    Obsessed with Samantha Ettus Samantha Ettus interviews Reality TV star Kelly Bensimon - The Internet’s Premier Interview Show
    Thanks for this link, from there I went to Kelly's site (something I never thought I'd do in any of my sane moments!)

She does photograph extremely well, there's no denying that. I loved her look with the short hair. I can tell that she's definitely had "work" done to her face (& body). I'm very good at realizing when "work" has been done but truly lousy at identifying exactly what was done!
    Earlier in a post, I proclaimed her as not being attractive. I still don't think she is but she is highly photogenic and in her professional photos on her site, she looks great. But really, who cares what she looks like? because the way she behaves now is so completely vile that she'll always be ugly to me.
    I realize she's not exactly very smart but it doesn't take intelligence to know the difference between kindness and mean-ness.

I once saw beauty, attractiveness in Jill and Luann.............no more. They are so cruel now that I can no longer see them as anything but Friends of the Devil.
    I can tolerate sarcasm, snide remarks, a little dig now and then but The Brunettes were so indescribably mean at the 2 reunions that it would take amnesia for me to ever see them differently.
    Realitychick, Debb70 and SugarMama like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    He used to share those looks with Bethenny when she was there. Do you remember last reunion, when KrazyKelly started talking about how she created an alcoholic lemonade drink? He gave Bethenny this look like "Can you believe this crazy B**ch??" and I about died laughing.

I really bristled at Kelly's comments about Bethenny's success, that she was smart to brand the word "skinny" because she implied that the word "skinny" was the secret to Bethenny's success. I'll admit, she made a smart move jumping into the health food arena, but she also filled a whole in the market. There's low-calorie beer, but when have you ever been able to purchase a low-calorie cocktail before, with the alcohol already added? It was a brilliant idea.
    Yes, that bothered me, too. You know it just bugs Kook-a-Doodle Kelly to no end having to acknowledge Bethenny's tremendous success....of course, it's not like Bethenny actually created anything -- she's not a chef, she's just a cook, doncha know.
    Kelly --->
    Debb70 likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I was curious so I went to her site too! Her blog contains "relationship rules" that she says she learned from being on the Real Housewives...... It's full of wacky little gems, lol!

Please tell me if anyone ever said a word about Sonja's DUI arrest on this season? I think it would have happened during or before this last season was filmed. Maybe they decided to just keep that private. I am surprised.

Another thing on Part II of the reunion that I found too crazy was Jill making that snide comment about Ramona drinking wine so early in the day at this social function. Well, as it turns out, Jill, who hosted it, was serving a cocktail. So you as the host are serving cocktails, but you criticize a guest who has wine instead of the designated liquor drink. How ridiculous is that? LOL

I still believe that ever since Bethenny left, Jill's everyword has been fake, fake, fake. IT's like she has memorized a script and is reading it word for word ,without feeling. I can't stand it.

FORT Fogey

I think Jill is so hyper-aware of how she comes across on the show that she can't be sincere in front of a camera anymore. In the first season, she and Ramona stood out as the "stars" of the show. Then, more due to her personality than anything else, Bethanny started to overshadow them. I think its because Bethanny is naturally witty, and also because she was having the more interesting storylines that were naturally happening in her life. I think Jill saw that, and decided that if she acted like Bethanny, she'd start to get the attention she had started with. But her remarks came across as cruel insted of witty. Jill is just obsessed with being the favorite housewife, and is altering herself nonstop trying to get back to that. Its kind of funny, because if she'd just relax and act like herself, the audience would probably like her again.
    Realitychick and sparklete like this.

Whoever suggested the live audience is brilliant! Yes, Andy usta control the girls but not anymore... I guess have 7 "wives" is too many for him to handle! I wish Andy would confront the "brunettes" about the poll results or even what people are saying on the blogs or sites like here.

Does anyone know when they're repeating PT 2 of the reunion?
    I tuned in last night and it was Part 1 again and then more of Millionaire Matchmaker - which I can't stand.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Just saw reunion #2. In a word, these women are just plain SIMPLE. I agree.............recast
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

The whole three hours of the reunion was difficult to watch, I kept getting this sick feeling in my stomach and had to switch the channel. It seriously was like watching a Jerry Springer show but for some reason I felt somewhat connected and wanted some questions answered but of course that didn't happen. Whenever one of the housewives questioned another about their behavior, everyone had to jump in and of course the person that was accountable was drowned out and I was left unsatisfied.

+ Reply to Thread