+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I don't think anything could straighten out the brunettes, because I think they have such a distorted view of reality. They remind me of the girls in high school who believed they were more important and powerful than they actually were, and could therefore do anything they wanted. I think the brunettes believe that they make the show popular, and are liked and admired by all. They figure they can crack jokes, and do thinks like mocking Ramona's massage of Mario, and will have the audience cheering for them. They are performing, having no idea that sound coming from the audience is booing, not applause.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Perhaps the show will find a real, direct, likable, straight shooter who can chew them up and spit them out. Maybe that's what they need. A new SUPER housewife that will not tolerate that stuff. The existing gals don't have it in them to do more than what they have so far. Alex tried this season, but it's not in her DNA. I'm thinking of someone like a cross between Bethenny and Joan Rivers. LOL
    Amen to that! Please, someone email this idea to Andy - I'd LOVE to see a Joan Rivers take it to them I'd wish Bethenny back, but I like her too much to wish that on her.
    Moontat likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I don't think anything could straighten out the brunettes, because I think they have such a distorted view of reality. They remind me of the girls in high school who believed they were more important and powerful than they actually were, and could therefore do anything they wanted. I think the brunettes believe that they make the show popular, and are liked and admired by all. They figure they can crack jokes, and do thinks like mocking Ramona's massage of Mario, and will have the audience cheering for them. They are performing, having no idea that sound coming from the audience is booing, not applause.
    I totally agree. The Jill/LuLu performance reminded me of Icky/Tamra -- feeding off each other, making faces, rolling eyes, audible comments when they weren't even in the discussion -- Jill, LuLu, and Kelly really do seem to think they're lovable "stars" of the show. I wish they could read this board.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Just when I think this show couldn't be any more disturbing, well then there is a Part 2... The Brunettes are clearly living in a reality that only rainbows and jelly beans exist. How grown women can act this way and not expect the public to vomit everytime their smug plastic ridden face shows up on screen baffles me... Why doesn't Andy call these women out and then shut them down with their craziness? Isn't he THE big guy at Bravo? I would prefer another host who will call these ladies out on their B.S. I hate the guy but Perez Hilton would have no problem in calling a spade a spade.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Fogey

I disagree about Andy. I really like the way that he hosts the reunion shows. He'll make faces at things that are said, and show video clips that contradict things. But for the most part, he just trusts the audience to see everything for what it is. If he were confrontational like a Piers Morgan, beating every point over and over again demanding the "truth" I think it would be more of a disaster than the reunions can be already. Not only that, but i don't think anyone would be willing to do them. Andy's job is finding and recruiting "Talent" for shows, isn't it? If he recruited people, and then belittled them on national TV, I don't think Bravo would have many shows. I like that he's subtle in the ways that he calls people out, and then just moves on to another topic.
    luvsginger and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    ... I would prefer another host who will call these ladies out on their B.S. I hate the guy but Perez Hilton would have no problem in calling a spade a spade.
    Isn't Perez Hilton (gag) friends with Jill and Kelly? Didn't Bravo show them attending a party hosted by him once?

I didn't see the 1st part & thankfully I fell asleep before the 2nd part was finished.

IDK about any of you here but if the subject of one of my friend's partner being "accused" of possibly cheating, I am sorry but I wouldn't be sitting there with a smug look on my face. Whether the rumor was true or not I would be firmly behind my friend even if our friendship was experiencing a rough patch. I wanted to reach through my TV ack...nevermind. I just don't care enough about jillzarin to bother. Interesting she mentioned she has been speaking to Bethenny....don't believe it though.

Why do Jill & Luann whisper to Kelly what to say as a come back?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Isn't Perez Hilton (gag) friends with Jill and Kelly? Didn't Bravo show them attending a party hosted by him once?
    Oh gosh then nevermind.

I understand where the previous poster see's how Andy lets the audience decide on what's what... I guess I rather have the reuinions take a more Judgement Day feel. Viewers can come on and throw meats and eggs at the most hated. I am sure burning of some Zarin fabrics and cd's of LuAnne's could be involved as well. Jelly Bean launcher to pummel Kelly with Jelly Bean's going 70 MPH while she jogs in the middle of the street. Cindy can be tied down and waxed while Sonja handles her Business calls for the day while cooking out of her toaster.
    SugarMama likes this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I did make it through the whole thing, and it was nuts....everybody screaming at the same time. A couple of things that I loved:

1. Luann slipped and called Jacques "Jack", and then corrected herself; some of the women started giggling. I bet this guy used to sell pretzels on the corner until he met her!!

2. I loved, loved, loved Jill's necklace!!!! Most impressive! Wondering where she got that.

3. I also had to google "See You Next Tuesday" to finally see what it meant. I guess I am behind the curve! I started typing the words into the search box, and then it finally dawned on me what it was about!!! Bless my poor little raggedy, naive heart!!!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-02-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Oh gosh then nevermind.

I understand where the previous poster see's how Andy lets the audience decide on what's what... I guess I rather have the reuinions take a more Judgement Day feel. Viewers can come on and throw meats and eggs at the most hated. I am sure burning of some Zarin fabrics and cd's of LuAnne's could be involved as well. Jelly Bean launcher to pummel Kelly with Jelly Bean's going 70 MPH while she jogs in the middle of the street. Cindy can be tied down and waxed while Sonja handles her Business calls for the day while cooking out of her toaster.
    I almost choked on my lunch

+ Reply to Thread