+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2190Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    ... Wait...since when is Jillzarin a brunette?
    This season, during one of their reveal-a-secret sessions, Jill admitted she's really a mousy brown with gray...not red. I'd have never guessed
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Jill made the direct comment about having friends who had said things about Mario cheating. Luann took the most passive agressive approach both at coffee with Ramona and at the reunion of asking things like "How is your marriage going Ramona?" so that she could the "innocently" claim to have not said anything about her marriage.
    That's a typical countass remark. She's flung a huge number of such remarks at Alex; and Alex, poor dope, gets so flustered she cannot think of a string of them to throw at countass when asked to "prove" countass has been evil to her. Arrrrgggghhh... I'd like to help Alex spew a mouthful at countass.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Regular

I can't believe I just devoted an hour of my life watching part 1.

I agree the loss of Bethany=the show has lost a sense of humor. It has become "Mean Girls" grown up. They take sides, the gang up and they bully.

When this show first aired I remember thinking Jill was really funny and the most stable, I thought Ramona was insane, The Countess lost me after the "break dancing" lessons for her son. when she dissed her son & called the poor kid out because she was going out...with her "Cool niece" to go clubbing was my last straw with her. Hey Luanne, money can't buy you class. Alex was defined by Simon.

I still think Ramona is crazy and very well may have substance abuse issues, however, I find more likable for reasons I can't figure out. Alex seems to be getting her voice, it might be ill timed, but she is trying. Luanne has exposed herself as a complete fraud.

Jill dissapointed me the most. She simply does not see how hateful, hypocritical or controlling she is. She also does not see how hideous her redecorated apt/condo is.

Kelly: (AKA satchels of gold) is clinically insane, I have NO idea why Cindy was placed on the show, and Sonja kind of bugs me, but I do not dislike her. She does have a sense of humor which this show is sorely missing.

Which brings me back to Bethany. Without her the show is lacking levity.

Watching the reunion was like watching "The View" on steroids.
    Last edited by Dot-Calm; 07-29-2011 at 02:10 AM.
    SugarMama likes this.

Someone needs to school Ramona about bragging how good a marriage you have. This never turns out well, we will I'm sure sooner than later find out her grass is black on the other side. I really can't watch her when she talks she is very distracting with he wonky eyeballs.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I can identify with Alex and Ramona the most.

Some people have hysterectomies when they are young. We don't view those people as less sexy. But I guess there is something about the old "friend" that makes girls feel more girlie....like a man wants to feel like a man. We are all eternal kids for sure....helpful to remember that a lot is projection. Everyone is thinking somuch about who they are as a person. And if you can help them with that, score for them and score for you (me). It would not matter one iota what I look like,,, whether I was indeed sexy.

Why have the blonde girls formed one team and the brunettes another?

I am not blonde. Those blonde beotches better straighten up.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    There are actually several women on the show I'd be very sorry to see let go.
    I don't think Kelly offers anything anymore, and there was never a time I wanted to see more of Cindy on my TV screen. So I'd be happy to see both of them go in order to get some new blood on the show. But I really don't want to see the entire cast replaced.
    ITA
    I even find it somewhat painful to listen to poor Kelly speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dot-Calm View Post
    I can't believe I just devoted an hour of my life watching part 1.

I agree the loss of Bethany=the show has lost a sense of humor. It has become "Mean Girls" grown up. They take sides, the gang up and they bully.

When this show first aired I remember thinking Jill was really funny and the most stable, I thought Ramona was insane, The Countess lost me after the "break dancing" lessons for her son. when she dissed her son & called the poor kid out because she was going out...with her "Cool niece" to go clubbing was my last straw with her. Hey Luanne, money can't buy you class. Alex was defined by Simon.

I still think Ramona is crazy and very well may have substance abuse issues, however, I find more likable for reasons I can't figure out. Alex seems to be getting her voice, it might be ill timed, but she is trying. Luanne has exposed herself as a complete fraud.

Jill dissapointed me the most. She simply does not see how hateful, hypocritical or controlling she is. She also does not see how hideous her redecorated apt/condo is.

Kelly: (AKA satchels of gold) is clinically insane, I have NO idea why Cindy was placed on the show, and Sonja kind of bugs me, but I do not dislike her. She does have a sense of humor which this show is sorely missing.

I agree with everything you said, and I felt the same way about these ladies in the beginning, too; thanks for the reminder. That first season was such fun, and yes, Bethenny was the life-blood of NYC. I just don't really care about the others anymore. I can take it or leave it. Sadly.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Why have the blonde girls formed one team and the brunettes another?
    IMO they haven't. They all despise one another; jointly and severally I think....they thrive on hate, be it ganging up individually or in groups, it's their MO. Oh, my, come to think of it when it comes to this show, it's my inability to like who they are that keeps me watching. Ok, this show is making me sick

Oh, too much MO here. I mean it's their collective Modus Operandi.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread