+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2078Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

  1. #2221
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    I think all these women are OTT and not very likable at this point.
    And, I do agree with Neil Patrick Harris on WWHL that perhaps it's time to recast all the ladies?

    Ramona said some extremely mean things to Louann about her daughter, her ex-husband and his affairs, etc.
    Louann, who can be a pompous as*, never said that Mario was having an affair and she didn't say mean things about Ramona's daughter.
    Jill jumped in because she was trying to stop Ramona from totally skewering Louann's daughter. Jill has numerous faults, as we all know, but I thought she was just trying to get Ramona to back off in making mean comments about Lou's daughter.
    I still think Cindy was wrong to make the business call at Sonia's house, whether she notified her in advance or not. That was just bad manners.
    I do think Alex's comment to Cindy about getting "la*d" was a new low for this show. And, I wasn't at all surprised it came from Alex. I was very glad that Neil Patrick Harris called her out on it and also liked her face to Frankenstein! Now that, IMO, was pretty funny!!
    I'm tired of Ramona going on about her period - what is she, 13 years old? What a dumb woman!! Ramona, it's not the hormones that are keeping you young looking - it's all the plastic surgery you're doing.
    Can't wait ti the rest of this nonsense next week!! THis show is the best stress reliever ever!!
    sparklete likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  2. #2222
    FORT Fanatic Holly in SoCal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    539

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I think all these women are OTT and not very likable at this point.
    And, I do agree with Neil Patrick Harris on WWHL that perhaps it's time to recast all the ladies?

    Ramona said some extremely mean things to Louann about her daughter, her ex-husband and his affairs, etc.
    Louann, who can be a pompous as*, never said that Mario was having an affair and she didn't say mean things about Ramona's daughter.
    Jill jumped in because she was trying to stop Ramona from totally skewering Louann's daughter. Jill has numerous faults, as we all know, but I thought she was just trying to get Ramona to back off in making mean comments about Lou's daughter.
    I still think Cindy was wrong to make the business call at Sonia's house, whether she notified her in advance or not. That was just bad manners.
    I do think Alex's comment to Cindy about getting "la*d" was a new low for this show. And, I wasn't at all surprised it came from Alex. I was very glad that Neil Patrick Harris called her out on it and also liked her face to Frankenstein! Now that, IMO, was pretty funny!!I'm tired of Ramona going on about her period - what is she, 13 years old? What a dumb woman!! Ramona, it's not the hormones that are keeping you young looking - it's all the plastic surgery you're doing.
    Can't wait ti the rest of this nonsense next week!! THis show is the best stress reliever ever!!
    That Frankenstein comment was hilarious and right on the money....to me...Alex is so strange looking...not pretty at all. For the life of me I can't understand why she is considered "model" material...although I have seen some pretty hideous models in my day wearing just as hideous outfits!

    Did anyone notice how much different Jill's face looked? She looks like she had MAJOR work done on her face area. I do remember on the show that they focused on her having some kind of "liquid" facelift, but then a few episodes later (maybe the last episode) when she was on the yacht for LuAnn's anniversary party, I remember thinking how hagardly and awful Jill looked, and that was AFTER the episode where she had that so-called "liquid" facelift. I think she has had some major REAL surgical work since...she looks totally different on the reunion than on the last episode of the show. She also looked totally different the time she was on Andy's show while the show's season was still running. But of course, in reality the show had finished taping way before then, which again, shows that she had work done again AFTER the show ended and before the taping of the reunion.

  3. #2223
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    She did look different. I thought part of it was due to the fact that she had her hair flat ironed very straight and she usually wears it much more full. So, it kind of made her features look different.
    But, you're probably right in saying she had additional work done.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  4. #2224
    FORT Fogey livin4reality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lawrence KS
    Posts
    2,586

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Ah the children card. This is yet another example of how the brunettes are oh so quick to call someone out about "DON"T bring the children into this" When they themselves have done it in in the past.

    I remember Alex's kids being made fun of, by Jill and Luann in a previous season. Something about their behavior...regardless all these women need to chant to themselves..POT MEET KETTLE...at least 10 times before opening their big old maws.

    Cindy really surprised me with her animosity towards the blondes. I mean I knew they weren't BFF but she was over-the-top ewww. Jill also had some very expressive looks going on when Sonja was talking about her problems. Not one ounce of sympathy towards Sonja. At least the other brunettes seemed to care a tiny bit.
    Debb70 likes this.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

    Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

  5. #2225
    FORT Fanatic canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    515

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I agree with you livin4reality. The brunettes are the classic case of women who spend all their time focusing on the flaws and shortcomings in others in order to avoid seeing those same flaws in themselves. But I do think the one time of the entire show that I did agree with Jill was when she was so adamantly opposed to talking about LuAnn's daughter, and threatened to walk off. I think that should be an off-limits topic. Its okay when the kids come in to the show in minor and simple ways. I'm okay with seeing Alex's sons playing and being out of control, or seeing a party or a silly discussion with Ramona or Luann's daughter. But unlike the kids of the OC, the kids of New York are all young, with the exception of Jill's daughter. They deserve a circle of protection from ALL of the women to not be exploited on the show. Luann's daughter didn't decide to do the show - her mother did. So if she's facing issues, she should be allowed to face them privately. Jill was protecting the privacy of an innocent bystander, and I think it was the one time all night she did the right thing.
    I disagree Ramona was talking about LuAnn's daughter. I believe she was referring to La-La's parenting skills causing daughter to go to four different schools in such a short period of time. Nothing was said about her. And if the 4 school scenario is correct, then it's a valid point. It's a reflection of Lu-Lu, not the kid.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

  6. #2226
    FORT Fanatic canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    515

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    In the bru-ha-ha, Kelly kept yelling, "I need to be the peacemaker!" Luann was last heard telling her, "No you dont!" the Left Couch is a trip.
    Kelly is absolutely ridiculous! Her rant about not letting anyone speak -- I think she was chastising Alex for that. I wish I had a dollar each time I saw Kelly saying "shhhhhh, shhhhhhhhhh" right in the middle of someone's sentence. Also, "Stop, stop, stop." Talk about rude.

    And then she has the audacity to try to get in the argument and backing up how Cindy has two small kids and a business to run -- like backing her up for doing it. Hmmmmm, good to know that Kelly thinks it's okay for everyone to conduct business at the breakfast table in someone else's home.

    She doesn't know what she's talking about -- ever.

    Yet she gets offended with Sonya's antics but she posed in Playboy. Lotta' people think that's offensive. (Not me, but just sayin')

    Jill makes me want to barf and I refuse to watch any show that has her on as a guest.
    luvsginger and Debb70 like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

  7. #2227
    FORT Fogey Prism's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,619

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    You would think that there would have been a passionate embrace & kiss given this was the 1st anniversary of their first date. ...trust me Jacques there won't be a 2nd anniversary. Why does part of me think the whole fake French accent with Jaques who is actually Jack from Brooklyn??? Is it only me who thinks that?

    Why am I now thinking there is more to the whole Mario/affair storyline...why all of a sudden does Luann & Mario seem plausible? ....Luann iceberg kissing of Jacques at their party, from what I read on here about the talk on the reunion show....hmmm...
    I'm thinking the same things. The countass & jackie, they still don't seem comfortable together...too stiff, too calculated. And ramonacoaster's marriage is headed for trouble, with the husband already knowing what the trouble is.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

    Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

  8. #2228
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Today I finally finished watching the Reunion Part 1 and because I house a mean little gossipy person hidden inside me, rarely allowed out, I will definitely watch Part 2.
    Here's my take on these "women" and I used that word loosely because they have all done serious nose-dives in their presentations of themselves since the begining season, landing firmily in the lower rungs of upper class society.
    Luann: She very often is delusional in thinking she is upper class, although she does put on the best facsimilie of that type of behavior than the others. But because it's not natural it appears overly cloying and laughable. She's got a very good take on how to behave but she fails in many ways. This is entirely forgivable and relateable because we all strive to improve ourselves and often make mistakes but acting la-di-dah pompous does not endear anyone to you.

    Alex: Decent person deep down inside. Basically happy w/her life, family and now new work. (I think in real life, she's odd looking but at photo shoots, she can appear quite exotic and it works for me. She gets far too emotional and flustered to maintain any kind of coolness or detachiblity when dealing with these mostly nasty women.
    But Alex you don't need to lower yourself and act like a guy with your getting laid remark.

    Jill: the nastiest of the nasty. Mean, cruel, nothing is off limits if she needs to cut you down. And she will do it with a smile on her face. Just the name Jillzarin makes me immediately think Reptile. She apparently never forgets any transgrassions. She enjoys being a tattle tale, hoping for some trouble. She looks hard, classless, incredibily mean to call someone a F---ing bitch on tv. You lost on that one, Jill my dear. you're a spoiled brat, wanting to do what ever you want to do but don't let anyone call you on how mean and crass you are.

    Kelly and Cindy: Good grief. seems like she's had some help in not appearing to be the crazy cucoo clock she used to be but it still sneaks in. She can only hold onto one thought for only a short time, like when she was asked about her remarks about Sonja's house and disrepair. She lost the whole train of thought in no time.
    I also laughed at her when she kept defending Cindy's rude behavior at Sonja''s house. She kept saying "but she has a REAL job." I thought Alex had a real job. Same goes for Ramona w/a couple of jobs. Besides, Cindy's new york accent, difficulty with the English language, her choice of business do not necessarily protray in upper class socialite. Cindy, don't accept invitations if they don't fit into your schedule....re-schedule to be considerate and 11:00 AM is not early afternoon. It also appears that you're very aquainted with the Pecking Order because it was blatenly on display at Sonja's breakfast. And KElly, please quit the pretend prudishness that you pointed out about Sonja's photo shoot. does posing for Playboy a couple times in your life seem lady like and demure???

    Ramona: dippsy-doodle but there's brains behind that fluff. But she's a typical woman and even slight hurts can escalate into emotional confrontations. I like her goofy side far better than the posturing the la-di-dah-ladies do, trying to impress w/all they have and who they know.

    Sonja: like her a lot. Happy, great sense of humor, ditzy but I think there's a good heart there. It first showed on the Scary Cruise last year w/crazy Kelly. She's got problems now. She got involved with people with big money/connections which can sometimes end up with bigger than average problems. A 7 million judgement to her seems like Wow to us but not to a JP Morgan descendent. It'll work out fine because there's a child involved.

    And speaking of children, leave them out of all converstations. One, because we all try the best we can and who knows if it'll work or not. We all make mistakes, so do kids. Each and every mother will have to deal with some behaviors that they may not like and it's never black and white or who's a good parent and who's not.
    It's a crap shoot: do the best you can, pray a lot, spend lots of time with them and hope it works.

  9. #2229
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Today I finally finished watching the Reunion Part 1 and because I house a mean little gossipy person hidden inside me, rarely allowed out, I will definitely watch Part 2.
    Here's my take on these "women" and I used that word loosely because they have all done serious nose-dives in their presentations of themselves since the begining season, landing firmily in the lower rungs of an upper class society ladder.

    Luann: She very often is delusional in thinking she is upper class, although she does put on the best facsimilie of that type of behavior more than the others. But because it's not natural it appears overly cloying and laughable. She's got a very good take on how to behave but she fails in many ways. This is entirely forgivable and relateable because we all strive to improve ourselves and often make mistakes but acting la-di-dah pompous does not endear anyone to you so we don't want to forgive you.
    Do I believe the relationship between her and Jaques? maybe, maybe not....but something doesn't sit right.

    Alex: Decent person deep down inside. Basically happy w/her life, family and now new work. (I think in real life, she's odd looking but at photo shoots, she can appear quite exotic and it works for me. She gets far too emotional and flustered to maintain any kind of coolness or detachiblity when dealing with these mostly nasty women.
    But Alex you don't need to lower yourself and act like a guy with your getting laid remark.

    Jill: the nastiest of the nasty. Mean, cruel, nothing is off limits if she needs to cut you down. And she will do it with a smile on her face. Just the name Jillzarin makes me immediately think Reptile. She apparently never forgets any transgrassions. She enjoys being a tattle tale, hoping for some trouble. She looks hard, classless, incredibily mean to call someone a F---ing bitch on tv. You lost on that one, Jill my dear. you're a spoiled brat, wanting to do what ever you want to do but don't let anyone call you on how mean and crass you are.

    Kelly and Cindy:Good grief. Kelly seems like she's had some help in not appearing to be the crazy cucoo clock she used to be but it still sneaks in. She can only hold onto one thought for only a short time, like when she was asked about her remarks about Sonja's house and disrepair. She lost the whole train of thought in no time, even with the video being shown.
    I also laughed at her when she kept defending Cindy's rude behavior at Sonja''s house. She kept saying "but she has a REAL job." I thought Alex had a real job. Same goes for Ramona w/a couple of jobs.
    Cindy's new york accent, difficulty with the English language, her choice of business do not necessarily portray an upper class socialite. Cindy, don't accept invitations if they don't fit into your schedule....re-schedule to be considerate and 11:00 AM is not early afternoon. It also appears that you're very aquainted with the Pecking Order because it was blatenly on display at Sonja's breakfast, directed at Sonja and your assistant. And KElly, please quit the pretend prudishness that you pointed out about Sonja's photo shoot. does posing for Playboy a couple times in your life seem lady-like, modest and demure???

    Ramona: dippsy-doodle but there's brains behind that fluff. But she's a typical woman and even slight hurts can escalate into emotional confrontations. I like her goofy side far better than the posturing the la-di-dah-ladies do, trying to impress w/all they have and who they know.
    And yes, you depend on the calming effects of your wine a little to often but I don't think you're headed for rehab. I just think its your Prozac or Zantax.
    MAybe it's time to stop dancing as fast as you can and have a little down time.

    Sonja: like her a lot. Happy, great sense of humor, ditzy but I think there's a good heart there. It first showed on the Scary Cruise last year w/crazy Kelly. She's got problems now. She got involved with people with big money/connections which can sometimes end up with bigger than average problems. A 7 million judgement to her seems like Wow to us but not to a JP Morgan descendent. It'll work out fine because there's a child involved.

    And speaking of children, leave them out of all conversations. One, because we all try the best we can and who knows if it'll work or not. We all make mistakes, so do kids. Each and every mother will have to deal with some behaviors that they may not like and it's never black and white or who's a good parent and who's not.
    It's a crap shoot: do the best you can, love them a lot, pray a lot, spend lots of time with them and hope it works. But on shows like these that devolve into a lot of nastiness, kids should be talked about infrequently and not shown.
    Whew!! I had a lot to say!
    The RHWNYC was once something interesting...a peak into a foreign world, beautiful designer clothes and jewelry. Fun things to watch and learn from. I didn't mind the little cattiness....not unusal with any class of people. But most of the RH shows have really gone downhill into viciousness and that saddens me.
    GabbyG and Moontat like this.

  10. #2230
    FORT Fogey buttahfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,644

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    jill is so pathetic!!!!! i had to laugh when sonja said she had broken up with brian and jill just KEPT saying she didn't kno wthat and asking when . . . sonja completely ignored her.

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    It doesn't surprise me that these women behave like they do. I've never thought these shows portray the wealthy high-class people of any city where they take place. The women who truly move in those circles would never agree to open up their lives to reality TV. They don't need the money or the headaches. These shows portray the women running around below those high class circles, wishing to get in, but they never will. To me, I think that Jill was the most horrible of all of them, and I really wish that Andy or someone else would have called her out on it. Just like she was trying to instigate on the boat trying to get LuAnn upset that Ramona came late, she was poking at hornets nests last night trying to start something. She tried several times - one that stuck out was after Andy showed a montage of Sonya and Ramona's adventures and she quickly pointed out that it didn't include Alex. She's horribly passive aggressive. To me, passive agressiveness is cowardly, and Jill is one horrible, huge passive aggressive coward.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.