+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

well here is my two cents worth on the ladies
    Jill -- again showing her true colors - just a horrible bully but might of had a moment or two where she was not completely hideous
    LuLu -- for me she was not so bad last night -- she did agree appropriately when others pointed out some inappropriate behaviour of her couch mates such as Kelly calling Sonya's home dirty and unorganized, Cindy taking a conference call in someones home who has invited her in for a meal - so she acutally for me was not so bad
    Kelly -- ugh -- for me she is still ridiculous, unintelligent, idiot with the vocabulary of a not so bright teenage girl. How the others even hang out with her is beyond me
    Cindy -- cannot stand her -- she is so low class, no manners, talks like a long shoreman or truck driver, horse teeth, how she got on this show is a complete mystery -- if I were the other ladies I would not give this low class thug the time of day. Gross, gross, gross,
    Sonja -- I know she is sort of crazy but I do like her and I do think she has a kind heart --
    Alex -- poor girl -- she was getting beaten up badly last night - maybe a little of it she had coming-- unfortunately there really was not a voice of reason on either couch that could get folks back to reality and behaving more appropriately -- Andy did try some but was not real successful -- We needed Bethenny and her intelligent wit to put some of those brunette hags in thier place
    Ramona -- still like her -- yes she says things she should not big time -- but she is so much more likeable than any of the brunettes.
    The show was sort of nuts -- guess we shall see what part 2 brings
    Moontat and luvsginger like this.

My favorite part of the reunion, quite frankly, was Andy Cohen actually losing his cool multiple times! Telling the lot of them to "shut the f**k up" was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time!

Sounds like the reunion show was a bunch of middle age hags trying to out-drama each other. Guess i didn't miss much.
    I did catch last year's reunion yesterday afternoon. I forgot all of the things Jill did & said to Bethenny. She changed...sure she did.
    One thing I did notice watching last week's show, did anyone take notice how Luann's lips freeze whenever she is kissing the French Ross Geller? IMHO this is a staged love affair, she air kisses him liek she does the other ladies. Weird. I also thought it abit strange that it appeared she hadn't seen her kids in awhile. Obviously they were not with their father so are they left in the Hamptons with a "nanny" or are they left by themselves?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

I've noticed that about Luann and Jacques too. I can't decide if he's a guy who agreed to pretend to be her boyfriend so she could pretend to be happy while he got to be on TV. Or is he just a guy who sincerely loves her, but is not comfortable being on camera, so they're both very aware of that when they are filming, and come across as akward because of it. I think I believe more that he's a guy who agreed to be a pretend boyfriend in exchange for TV time because he sure did show up to a lot of filming events.

I agree with the Jacques/Luann kissing awkwardness. But remember, she was like that with a previous date on camera.

The whole argument between Ramona and Luann was interesting. They were very close IMO to talking about something neither wanted to talk about. Luanan and her daughter's problems (being kicked out of school) and Ramona and a possible Mario affair. And did you all noticed when this was going down and Ramona was really laying into Luann that Jill choose that moment to do her faux walk-off being all pissed about Ramona bringing up the "children". I think Luann and Jill planned that beforehand.

Obviously the brunettes decided that Alex was going to be the target. Alex has a problem being articulate..thus seen as weaker. Therefore the bullies desend. But I thought Alex held her own fairly well. Yes the brunettes did a LOT of planning...

Last night I was laying in bed, wondering why I hate the brunettes so much. I decided its because I don't see any self-reflection in them. They don't have a sense of humor. They would rather deny any and all responsibility about their actions. I consider Luann, Jill, Cindy and Kelly to be narcissistic, soul-less, ugly inside women. I feel sorry for their children. (yes I went there lol).
    SugarMama likes this.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I agree completely about LuLu and "Ross". I can't pinpoint what it it but everytime they kiss on camera it's kind of icky.

The Reunion..... Ugh!! I loved what Neil Patrick Harris said on WWHL.... "Recast the whole group". I agree to that about the classless, backstabbing, horrible Lulu and Jill. I can also live without crazy Kelly.... I don;t buy her bit about dating alot etc. I think that she probably meets alot of men because of her looks but after about 5 mins they probably run the other way thinking "what a wackadoo!" As for Cindy... I can do without her too. It must be tough going through life being so unhappy and miserable. That's the way she comes accross to me anyway. She very rarely smiles or seems like she's enjoying herself.

I love, love, love the blondes. At least they know how to have fun and don't seem to take themselves so seriously. (
    Well maybe Ramona does some but she can still laugh at herself).

I would love for the brunettes to all be recast... but keep the blondes!!!
    luvsginger likes this.

You would think that there would have been a passionate embrace & kiss given this was the 1st anniversary of their first date. I'm sorry an anniversary dinner for 2 on your first date anniversary I get but to throw a party complete off key singing that I don't get. Jacques wondering how Luann is going to do for their second anniversary, trust me Jacques there won't be a 2nd anniversary. Why does part of me think the whole fake French accent with Jaques who is actually Jack from Brooklyn??? Is it only me who thinks that?
    Poor Jilly...didn't get the engagement/wedding/baby thing with Bethenny & now no engagement/wedding with Luann. Well maybe next year she might get lucky with...Kelly...no too whcaky for any sane man...Cindy...nah...don't care...Sonja...not friends. Sure sucks to be Jillzarin.

Why am I now thinking there is more to the whole Mario/affair storyline...why all of a sudden does Luann & Mario seem plausible? Luann set-up the Morraco trip, Luann set-up the psychic reading who only spoke French, Ramona joking that Luann had come on previously to Mario, Ramona thinking she is pregnant at 55, Luann iceberg kissing of Jacques at their party, from what I read on here about the talk on the reunion show....hmmm...
    -Audrey Hepburn.

All the affair talk is strange. Whether it's true or not I thinks is horrible of LuLu to bring it up during filming any of this show. Especially since it's only something she's supposedly 'heard". Grant you, Ramona shouldn't have brought it up either about LuLu's ex but at least that apparently was fact and not something just "heard".

FORT Fogey

I agree with you livin4reality. The brunettes are the classic case of women who spend all their time focusing on the flaws and shortcomings in others in order to avoid seeing those same flaws in themselves. But I do think the one time of the entire show that I did agree with Jill was when she was so adamantly opposed to talking about LuAnn's daughter, and threatened to walk off. I think that should be an off-limits topic. Its okay when the kids come in to the show in minor and simple ways. I'm okay with seeing Alex's sons playing and being out of control, or seeing a party or a silly discussion with Ramona or Luann's daughter. But unlike the kids of the OC, the kids of New York are all young, with the exception of Jill's daughter. They deserve a circle of protection from ALL of the women to not be exploited on the show. Luann's daughter didn't decide to do the show - her mother did. So if she's facing issues, she should be allowed to face them privately. Jill was protecting the privacy of an innocent bystander, and I think it was the one time all night she did the right thing.

I have no idea what is what with Luann's daughter since I really haven't watched much of this series. IMHO underaged children are off limits but can someone explain to me why Jill was defending Victoria's daughter & not Luann?
    I don't buy anything Jillzarin does as being noble.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread