+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    Did anyone notice Simon's face when LuAnn was singing. They only showed him once, but if looks could kill...that would have been the look (on his face).
    Simon had just quit smoking a day or two before the party and when asked about this on Twitter, both he and Alex said his face pretty much looked like that for several days straight. It had nothing to do with the singing or any negativity toward the party guests. Apparently he's been strugging with this for a long time and it's really been hard for him to quit.

I was just wondering if anyone (such as Andy Cohen or the other housewives) has asked Ramona (or if Ramona has ever explained) why her eyes always look like she just snorted an eight ball of crystal meth? Is it just an overdose of botox on her eyelids? She looks so stupid!
    Holly in SoCal likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Simon had just quit smoking a day or two before the party and when asked about this on Twitter, both he and Alex said his face pretty much looked like that for several days straight. It had nothing to do with the singing or any negativity toward the party guests. Apparently he's been strugging with this for a long time and it's really been hard for him to quit.
    I'm sure the singing just added annoyance to the nicotine withdrawal!
    Holly in SoCal likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What...does Simon quit smoking every other week?
    Several episodes ago, it seems, he was hypnotized by that person.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    What...does Simon quit smoking every other week?
    Several episodes ago, it seems, he was hypnotized by that person.
    speaking from the POV of a ex-smoker...yes it sometimes takes dozens of "quits" before it finally sticks. It doesn't matter how many tries it takes, just that you keep on trying. Kudos to Simon!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Actually, it's very, very hard to quit for anybody. I'm only 3 months smoke-free and I've never done anything as difficult as this has been.
    But....I think Simon is a very realistic person: He sees right thru all the posturing these wanna-be's do...even to the point of being up front and straight forward about his and Alex's social climbing. Personally, I think it's a shame that being part of the "elite" is that important to them but it is and it's their choice. He and Alex are far too intelligent not to be aware of the phoniness of the others like the Countess and Jill, in particular, so I think Simon's face was expressing his (and most of our) amazement/disgust/incredulity that this so called upper class woman would trade her dignity to be a pop star, semi-singing something because she has no real singing talent.
    Luann is an intelligent woman but this pathetic reach for fame/star status makes one wonder, what the F... are you thinking? Such a blatent contridictory way of behaving.

Scolding others for bad manners/ inappropriate behavior and all the while looking like a total attention seeking over-the-hill a$$ in a music (?) video.

Phew! I didn't know all that was brewing in my head about Luann!
    I guess I really dislike hypocrites and she's the Queen (Countess) of it.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone (such as Andy Cohen or the other housewives) has asked Ramona (or if Ramona has ever explained) why her eyes always look like she just snorted an eight ball of crystal meth? Is it just an overdose of botox on her eyelids? She looks so stupid!
    I believe that Ramona has a medical condition that is related to a very high level of thyroid, and one of the symptoms causes one's eyes to increase in size and bulge out. It is very difficult to control and she is probably taking medication for it, but the medication apparently is not able to reduce the swelling in her eyes. Too bad you think she looks stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Actually, it's very, very hard to quit for anybody. I'm only 3 months smoke-free and I've never done anything as difficult as this has been.
    But....I think Simon is a very realistic person: He sees right thru all the posturing these wanna-be's do...even to the point of being up front and straight forward about his and Alex's social climbing. Personally, I think it's a shame that being part of the "elite" is that important to them but it is and it's their choice. He and Alex are far too intelligent not to be aware of the phoniness of the others like the Countess and Jill, in particular, so I think Simon's face was expressing his (and most of our) amazement/disgust/incredulity that this so called upper class woman would trade her dignity to be a pop star, semi-singing something because she has no real singing talent.
    Luann is an intelligent woman but this pathetic reach for fame/star status makes one wonder, what the F... are you thinking? Such a blatent contridictory way of behaving.

Scolding others for bad manners/ inappropriate behavior and all the while looking like a total attention seeking over-the-hill a$$ in a music (?) video.

Phew! I didn't know all that was brewing in my head about Luann!
    I guess I really dislike hypocrites and she's the Queen (Countess) of it.
    Preach it, sister! Spot on and worth repeating
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

The scene where Jillzarin went up to Luann to tattle on Ramona & Sonja being 30 minutes made me detest this woman more that I ever did with Danielle. She came off sounding like a 12 year old girl & the she wonders why no one likes her. I am glad Luann basically ignored her. Standing outside a bathroom...really....seriosuly ????
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I believe that Ramona has a medical condition that is related to a very high level of thyroid, and one of the symptoms causes one's eyes to increase in size and bulge out. It is very difficult to control and she is probably taking medication for it, but the medication apparently is not able to reduce the swelling in her eyes. Too bad you think she looks stupid.
    Well that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

+ Reply to Thread