+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2624Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Children learn to give respect by receiving respect.

Ramona reminded me of the boisterous, nipping chihuahua that chased the bad guys out of the store! LuAnn was the "bad guy", in this case.

After watching the latest episode again, Mario reminds me of someone who could be related to Mark Cuban, lookswise. Mario was very rude to Alex and Simon at their party, about being in Brooklyn; I think the icy stares got their point across! Well done, Alex and Simon.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

OMG, just got done watching this week's trainwreck. What a whacky bunch of nut jobs. The only clear that I learned this week, thanks to Luann, is MONEY CAN'T BUY YOU CLASS. Thank you for pointing out, Luann, that money has not bought them class. Not a one of them.
    mytruth likes this.

LuAnn thinks she is the most important person in the world and if you don't agree with her she thinks you are a witch or unclassy and need to learn manners.

Jill also believes this about her herself.

Kelly thinks that if you talk to her blueberry pancakes better fall out of your mouth on a platter or else you are clearly weird and gross. She is clearly insane.

It's no wonder Ramona drinks so much around this bunch. she has her own set of problems but next to the coven she comes off as normal and the most likeable.

I don't understand why Cindy is on this show? She brings nothing of interest. Her kids are cute but she can't keep up with them. I wonder if she gets their names mixed up? She needs to go back to bedazzling pubes with her strange brother. I wonder how that conversation went down? Hey brother will you come work with me? I have a business removing hair on women's downstairs. We will have so much fun, seriously! And it won't be weird at all even thought we are strangely into each other!
    Last edited by mina; 07-17-2011 at 07:25 PM.
    luvsginger likes this.

Awww, c'mon, have some sympathy for countass. She's a poor hick from a huge family that finally did well in dirt and concrete. They've pulled themselves up by the bootstraps, and that couldn't have been easy, right? Problem with countass is that she's stretched a bit far, she should have retained her ties with her family instead of reaching for a seat on the royal throne. IMHO her reach far exceeds her grasp. I heard a fourth grader yesterday call someone a name... "you little snot". I'm thinking that fits the countass quite well.
    luvsginger likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

BTW, Chris Young, the countass' producer, comes right out and says she doesn't have a voice. This from the guestofaguest website:

"The Countess's producer is local music fella named Chris Young, who has a refreshingly realistic take on the current state of music production. No claims of artistry or even creative marketability from him:

With access to Pro Tools, really anyone who has a personality can sing.With the aid of a computer, a producer should be able to derive listenable product from anyone, if he uses his imagination. Obviously if someone doesn't have much vocal ability, you wouldn't want to go out and sing a ballad. You'd want to sing something that uses your speaking voice. That's what I did with the Countess. She hasn't had much formal training, it's pretty clear.

Ouch. And yet: So true. Yet Mr. Young did have a vision, of a sort. He tells the WSJ he wanted to portray "a woman of elegance and class." Reveals Mr. Young, ""I thought of the backing track as something I would hear in Bergdorf's if I was shopping." As NYMag points out, that's muzak."

He knows where his bread is buttered and takes advantage of Bravo's ability to make fun of the countass. Also was very funny seeing the episode where Chris Young and his collaborators met with countass and laughed right in her face.... foundering around for words to say something positive about her "music"... saying oh yeah, great beat, great, then breaking out laughing. The camera flashed to countass -- she totally got it that she was being ridiculed. She needed that!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Rewatching Alex and Simon's art event in Brooklyn...I have to say I respect their choice of taking a different path and living there (and being proud of it). Listening to Mario complain about being in Brooklyn on a Friday night, I was reminded of some friends of mine who lived in Midtown Manhattan for most of their lives. First time I visited them, a NYC green twig, I asked them where they went on weekends for fun.

"Oh, we don't go out on weekends here! Nobody does." That struck me as odd because everywhere I've lived, the weekend was the time for nightlife. They explained that "the B&T's came into the city on weekend nights, and locals just stayed home" - they saved their nights out for weeknights. I didn't know what B&T's were, and they laughed and said, "Bridge and Tunnels." I still didn't understand and learned that that means the people who come into Manhattan via bridges and tunnels. There is SUCH a snobbery there. B&T's it seems are low class, and the Midtowners avoid them like lepers.

Wow. Glad I don't live there (especially across the island). That experience just moves Alex up a notch in my book.

btw - I love the Paradise Hotel theme setting!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

[QUOTE=SugarMama;4338685]Rewatching Alex and Simon's art event in Brooklyn...I have to say I respect their choice of taking a different path and living there (and being proud of it).

Actually, Alex & Simon moved to Brooklyn , not because they loved it, but because it was all they could afford.
    If they could have afforded Manhattan, they'd have been there in a NY minute!
    mytruth likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I agree that Bravo probably pays the bills. Thank God I have no experience with bankruptcy, but as I understand it, one can still have cash on hand - bankruptcy means you can't pay the total of all of your bills, so everything is frozen with your creditors until you can work it out - they can't sue you, you can't borrow. The courts don't necessarily come along and clean out your bank accounts first (as they do with seniors going into nursing homes , but I digress). From what I've seen, people pretty much go along with their lives under bankruptcy (they get a nasty credit ding) while they're negotiating settlements - and I understand they can't incur any more debt until everything is resolved. Anyone know if this is correct?
    Depending on what type of bankruptcy was filed, and if they've already had the hearing...you are only allowed to keep so much cash and so much of your assets.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    He knows where his bread is buttered and takes advantage of Bravo's ability to make fun of the countass.
    your post reminded me how values have changed during my lifetime. People used to take pride in doing something and doing it well. Now all that matters is how or who can make money off of something. It doesn't have to have quality or value anymore but if someone can make a buck off of it, then go for it.
    Also, becoming an instant celeb is more important, even if a lot of people are really making fun of you. We have all our Real Housewives to prove that point.
    I guess Pride is gone also.
    mytruth likes this.

[QUOTE=norealityhere;4338758][B]
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Actually, Alex & Simon moved to Brooklyn , not because they loved it, but because it was all they could afford.
    If they could have afforded Manhattan, they'd have been there in a NY minute!
    True, who would want to live that far out? What I mean is that they've seemed to embrace it and become involved, not shying away and treating it as "the bastard at the family reunion." They didn't think that living in Brooklyn was so horrible that they'd rather sell a kidney than live there.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread