+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2463Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I see Cindy completely different from you Deb. I can totally understand how she can run a successful business. To me, she comes across as a one-track mind, totally focused on the business and nothing else. That's why when she has a problem with one of her kids, she thinks in business terms, and calls someone from her office to fix it. I think she comes across as incompetent on the show because we see her outside of the environment that she's comfortable in. We see her tring to be a mom, or trying to be a friend. She can't do those things, because they require skills other than those that her business requires. She doesn't get along well with the other women, because in business, she's used to telling people what to do and they do it. She doesn't know how to function when people have a focus other than business success.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    ...I would love to stop my Sonya's for a toaster egg sandwich! It seemed quite nice. I can see myself having fun with her. I would leave my phone off though.
    Does anyone know why Sonya's daughter is never shown? Has she ever been shown?
    I agree. She confuses me. Sometimes she's so over the top it makes me cringe - then she seems very sweet and "normal" I wonder if her OTT behavior is intended to hide some insecurities? I like the normal Sonya!

Also, I'd guess that her daughter isn't shown for the same reason as Dina's wasn't her second season, Tamra's weren't this past season, any others? Both parents have to sign to give permission for a minor child to appear on TV. My guess is Mr. Morgan didn't agree.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

On last season's reunion she said that while she was ready to step on the crazy train, she wanted to keep her daughter away from it. I assume she hasn't changed her mind and good for her! Her ex probably agreed with her on that as well.

I hate that the reunion is taped way before the conclusion of season. I don't think they should tape a reunion until all the episodes are shown, because it's unfair to the viewers and to the others if they wanted to comment on something that happened afterward.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Could not believe Cindy at all last night.
    If someone were to come to my home for a meal and then proceed to tell ME to keep quiet, I would have probably hauled off and smacked her upside the head!!
    What a ridiculous woman Cindy is!!

Louann certainly is a piece of work, but Ramona didn't need to be passive/aggressive with her and mention that she's just a "weekend" parent. Ramona, do you not realize we saw your precious Avery complaining last week that YOU"RE never home??

Alex was right to say that Louann should not have to talk about class to be classy. However, she just had to go on about how her parents had 3 homes when she was growing up in Kansas!! She and Simon are such total wannabees!

What I love about the HW shows is that we see all sides of these women - nobody is spared from the ugly truth of their ridiculous lives. And, actually, we see more warts on these women. We seldom see the good and I have to think all of them have to have some good qualities, don't you think??!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

What first attracted me to Real Housewives was the name itself. Oh really? I'm a "real" housewife...show me how they're different!

Boy, have I not been disappointed. In fact, while there are things in these shows that make me laugh, make me cry (Bethenny), and make me want to take a baseball bat to my television, I think what I've gotten the MOST out of the Housewives is a greater appreciation of what I have in my normal, meager life. A great husband, great kids, quiet/calm lifestyle...I'd not trade it for all the Mercedes, designer dresses, and parties in the world!
    norealityhere and Dragonlady like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Speaking of jumping sharks.... why would Bravo or Ramonacoaster (thanks Bethenny for that name) think viewers would buy the notion that the coaster might be pregnant?? C'mon, can you pronounce menopause, coaster?
    Holly in SoCal and mytruth like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I LOVE how Ramona kept "taking Louann to the hoop" and wouldn't let her bully her way out of the conversation!!! Louann seemed to be somewhat intimidated by Ramona, and I didn't quite understand that, but I totally enjoyed it. Maybe it was that Ramona wasn't stammering around and at a loss for words, like Alex usually is, that had Louann so flummoxed? I was rather proud of Ramona! And Louann even took Ramona onto "her" territory of that same cafe (I do believe) where she had decimated Alex!!! I'm not normally much a fan of Ramona, but I high-five her for her performance with the Alex-witch!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have always sort of liked Ramona....in a ditzy/few bricks short of a load...kind of way. But the notion that Ramona might be pregnant....I don't think so. C'mon Bravo, you can do better than that.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

There is no way in H-E-double hockey sticks that Ramona is pregnant.
    And is LouAnn's new "thing" flouncing out of restaurants in huff? Jeez.

First, Luann makes sure that her lunch companion realizes how very difficult it is for the Countess to travel so far to meet them. She did this with Bethanny also...it was that time when we first saw Bethanny's car that advertized her Skinny Girl brand. You'd think someone with soooo much class would know how rude that is.
    I do enjoy it when Ramona slams Luann with being a week-end mother. She's done it a few times. Although I truly think she is unaware that she is quite a bit absent in her daughter's life, as Avery pointed out last week. Ramona seems to believe the lie that she tells everyone else that she and Avery are so close and she knows everything about her because they spend so much time together.
    I can't even imagine having a life where my 16 yr old daughter didn't know when her parents were getting home (at 8:30-9PM) and should she go ahead and make something for dinner. I realize that Avery is capable of getting her own dinner but that's not the point. You'd think Ramona or Mario would communicate to Avery what their schedule was. It's called "being a family" or being a parent or being considerate of those you live with.
    I started this off by wanting to bash Luann and here I find myself more angry at Ramona. .
    I hate it when kids aren't treated right.
    mytruth likes this.

+ Reply to Thread