+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Recently, I happened to catch a few episodes from Season 2, when the NY housewives were not feuding the way they are now. It made me sad to see how their relationships have deteriorated. But what's really surprising to me (in a good way) is that, in spite of how awful they have become, to each other --- most of them seems to have true happiness and a really good relationship within their own families. Alex and Simon seem to truly love and enjoy each other, as do Jill and Bahby, and Ramona and Mario (and of course Bethenny and Jason). Kelly seems to have a great relationship with her kids, and Lulu too. I miss the 'old days' and wish that things could have continued along as they were, rather than escalating to such tension filled episodes that it's really hard to watch.
    I agree with you 1,000,000%. At first these shows were great but sadly the "E-List Celebrity" they have acheived through this show has perfectly portrayed how even the tiniest bit "stardom" can change perfectly delightful people into fame media whores; egos with little or any talent. look how this show has changed the friendshio between Vicky & Jeana. Bethenny, Khandi & most of the ladies of BH have been pretty successful at balancing work, celebrity & this show while keeping their family away from most of this petty junior high school nonsense.

I saw maybe 10-15 minutes of NY late last night. Jill Zarin whining about Simon cyber-bullying her. Uhmmm Jill...you DO NOT have to have a twitter account. What you don't read can't hurt you. I think after last season you have made a complete fool out of yourself. Am I now cyber bullying you??? Jillzarin you of all people should keep your yap shut about bullying. We all remember how you treated Bethenny last season & then Ramona when you barged in on their trip, a trip you declined to attend & then was insulted that the welcome mat wasn't extended to you & Bawby.

The painting scene...I would bet Jillzarin doesn't even know how to paint her nails let alone her house.
    luvsginger likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Personally, I'm no fan of Simon's or Alex's way of social climbing...but that being said, maybe they enjoy it?? Maybe always striving to be part of the "In Crowd" is what makes them happy and keeps them going. For some, it's the journey, not the destination.
    It's not the life for me but to each his own.
    I totally agree, whatever toots your horn or however the saying goes... anyway hey both seem happy..on the other hand Jill Zarin is so miserable with her own life that she wants everyone else to be miserable with her. Honestly, I don't think her marriage is that great...it seems to be one of those that look good on the outside but not so good on the inside. One of the reasons I think so is because of the toast that Bawbee made at her birthday party, maybe he is a man of a few words but he ends the toast with "and you're my Best Friend!" instead of and I love you to pieces or something like that...of course this is jmho ... but I think their marriage is that Jill needs his money and what it brings for her....For him, I think that he has someone that takes care of him like a nice Jewish wife should. Ugh...I hate the way that Jill thinks she is an expert in everything from men's shirts to dentistry! and her voice is enough to drive someone to drink! Ok..one more Jill bashing....what is up with her hair? She just can't get it right....I think she needs to take some tips from her sister who seems very well put together and is very comfortable in her own skin....

I don't get the twitter thing either but trying to make sense of it. I did find Jill and agree after reading her comments that just like on the show, she seems insecure so probably the reason she cuts people down all the time but all the women cut at each other. Good thing it's only a tongue cutting and not a box cutter.

For some strange reason I sort of like Simon.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa View Post
    ...For some strange reason I sort of like Simon.
    Strange in an apt word in relation to anything Simon - but I agree, while he's quirky, he seems to have a good heart and a reasonable mindset. He seems to be a good husband and dad. I like him, too, if for no other reasons than those.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Strange in an apt word in relation to anything Simon - but I agree, while he's quirky, he seems to have a good heart and a reasonable mindset. He seems to be a good husband and dad. I like him, too, if for no other reasons than those.
    I agree about Simon and also feel the same toward Alex. They're definitely a little on the strange side but they seem to mean well.
    I thought Simon was MORE than apologetic to Jill (more than she deserved!)
    But I throughly enjoyed listening to Jill talk about what a wonderful forgiving woman she is for accepting Simon's apology and what a changed woman she is!!
    I had never heard of Jillzarin before rhnyc but lordy, has the exposure to the world gone to her head.

Yesterday I caught last weeks & this weeks episodes. After taking a mini vacation from these shows, at Ramona/Sonja party seeing Simon & jillzarin talking to each other I finally figured out what annoys me most about this show. This show is The Hills on botox...only real difference.
    jillzarin a changed woman....from what...a python to a cobra?
    If any of you get a chance to look at the MSN home page...there is a picture of Kelly in a bikini...explains the 1 pancake. Did she forget to take her meds before lunching with Alex?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I think there comes an age where a one piece bathing suit is more appropriate. JMHO.

Each time I see jillzarin in a RH episode, I'm reminded of every reptilian woman I've known. It's just stunning how consistently jillzarin manages to capture within herself multitudes of negative attributes, then she power vomits words that always - always - spew self-aggrandizing tripe into the air. And people like Simon sit right there and [U]apologize[U] for cryin' out loud! Go figure!
    SugarMama likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Each time I see jillzarin in a RH episode, I'm reminded of every reptilian woman I've known. It's just stunning how consistently jillzarin manages to capture within herself multitudes of negative attributes, then she power vomits words that always - always - spew self-aggrandizing tripe into the air. And people like Simon sit right there and [U]apologize[U] for cryin' out loud! Go figure!
    It makes me crazy when she says things like, "Most people would (blah,blah,blah), but I'm a bigger person than that, and I will forgive/accept/move on/etc. Has Bethenny called lately, Jill? Didn't think so.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

What was up with last night's episode?
    Why is Bravo doing all these titillating shows in NYC?

Last week we had to see Alex & Simon getting hot & bothered while Alex was in her lingerie. Same with Ramona & Mario.
    Now, we once again get treated to Sonja getting her sexy groove on and a woman stripping.
    THis show used to be so good. Now, it's just petering out.....
    SugarMama likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread