+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2517Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I was only partially paying attention to the last episode but was it ever actually stated what Simon tweeted that was so mean? I kept trying to listen in but I couldn't get an actual statement about what he actually did. I heard Jill question if he was paid to "mean tweet".....what does that mean? I'm not a big twitter user but do people get paid for doing it????

I was watching the old episodes today. I guess in New York a lot of people care about who has the power. It occurred to me today that a few of them have "a" type personalities. They just want to boss people. It doesnot matter whether the cameras are on or off. I don't mind if people boss me. I just don't want them to be intentionally mean. We see some intentional meaness going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion View Post
    I was only partially paying attention to the last episode but was it ever actually stated what Simon tweeted that was so mean? I kept trying to listen in but I couldn't get an actual statement about what he actually did. I heard Jill question if he was paid to "mean tweet".....what does that mean? I'm not a big twitter user but do people get paid for doing it????
    I don't understand "tweeting" either. I think it's like sending an SMS message to your tweet followers and the message is limited to so many characters. I always thought it was to let your fans or followers know where you were and what you were doing but it seems more like people state their opinions? Like I said, I am not really sure, anyone out there willing to fill us in?

Also, as weird as Simon is, I just can not believe that he really would spend so much time being mean to Jill or anyone else. As far as getting paid, I think that he and Alex are struggling to "keep up with the Jones" and that maybe this is a way to pull in more bucks?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Tweeting is more like sending out IMs and you can either broadcase them to your whole list or send them to individual people. Also, celebs with big followings do get paid to tweet about specific products. I've never tweeted but, from what I've read and from observing it, I get how it works. Boring, boring, boring! Seems like a waste of time, to me, but whatever floats your boat. If you're a celeb-a-holic, you'd probably be happily entertained.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't get twitter either. I do however now have a strong desire to go "mean tweet" Jill. Just for kicks!
    GabbyG and JustJuls like this.

Does anyone remember, wasn't it in the first or second season, where Jill made a comment about Simon being drunk at a party and having a drinking problem? And it was picked up by all the local papers? Am I remembering it wrong? Just think it is funny in Jill-world that what is good for the goose is not so good for the gander.

I don't think Simon would mean-tweet jillzarin. That's b/c he and Alex so desperately want her approval, want approval from her pseudofriend countass, and probably also want Sonja's and Ramona's good will. Jillzarin's probably just makin' stuff up.

Poor Simon, he so badly wants to be part of this celebrity group, and all he and Alex can manage is to hang on by a thread. They're not bad people, but they're so darned cloying and clutching, wasting years of their lives trying to grasp what they never will achieve. They're not NY society. Never will be. Don't have it. Not getting it. Pathetic!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Poor Simon, he so badly wants to be part of this celebrity group, and all he and Alex can manage is to hang on by a thread. They're not bad people, but they're so darned cloying and clutching, wasting years of their lives trying to grasp what they never will achieve. They're not NY society. Never will be. Don't have it. Not getting it. Pathetic!
    Personally, I'm no fan of Simon's or Alex's way of social climbing...but that being said, maybe they enjoy it?? Maybe always striving to be part of the "In Crowd" is what makes them happy and keeps them going. For some, it's the journey, not the destination.
    It's not the life for me but to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Does anyone remember, wasn't it in the first or second season, where Jill made a comment about Simon being drunk at a party and having a drinking problem? And it was picked up by all the local papers? Am I remembering it wrong? Just think it is funny in Jill-world that what is good for the goose is not so good for the gander.
    Exactly! If you do follow or read Jill's tweets, she bashes people all the time. Simon is very approachable on Twitter and follows everyone who follows him. If you ask him a question, he will answer it.....whether it's PC or better said BC (Bravo Correct) or not.
    luvsginger likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Recently, I happened to catch a few episodes from Season 2, when the NY housewives were not feuding the way they are now. It made me sad to see how their relationships have deteriorated. But what's really surprising to me (in a good way) is that, in spite of how awful they have become, to each other --- most of them seems to have true happiness and a really good relationship within their own families. Alex and Simon seem to truly love and enjoy each other, as do Jill and Bahby, and Ramona and Mario (and of course Bethenny and Jason). Kelly seems to have a great relationship with her kids, and Lulu too. I miss the 'old days' and wish that things could have continued along as they were, rather than escalating to such tension filled episodes that it's really hard to watch.

+ Reply to Thread