+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2625Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    If Simon has been a smoker for a long time, that can really age your face, but those sagging eye lids may just be hereditary. However, I do agree that he looks much older than 47. Being as vain as he is , we just know he's older than that!!
    So true about the smoking and aging! People don't realize until it's too late. And the bags and sags around the eyes are usually hereditary...the beauty of that is it can usually be fixed with surgery. And a lot of men are having surgery for things like that these days - Simon should consider it.

I'd like to add however, that about 10 years ago I went on an allergy elimination diet to determine what was giving me hives. Didn't find out, but I did learn what was making my eyes puffy...I thought it was age, but it was CORN. I learned that whenever I ate corn (canned, on the cob, popcorn, even a corn tortilla) my eyes would be puffy the next day, top and bottom. I'd just thought I'd have to learn to live with it, but when I cut out the corn, the puffy went away! But I digress, sorry.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

No Corn????!!!!! Say it ain't so!!!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

No corn for me, anyway ... and I love popcorn

Just the other day I had some of my vegan chili with corn in it -- sure enough, the next morning my eyes were puffy. Oh well, it's a small price too pay to not look like Simon
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I thought Simon looked old, too.
    However, I can believe he's 47. The bags are hereditary in most cases.
    And, I think Alex looks older than her age, as well. I can sooner see him as 47 than her as 37.

I do think it's great that the 2 of them found each other.
    I think they're perfectly suited to each other. It's like they were cut from the same cloth.

I'd bet $$ that Simon still smokes......
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    ...I do think it's great that the 2 of them [Alex & Simon] found each other.
    I think they're perfectly suited to each other. It's like they were cut from the same cloth....
    I agree! While I do not particularly care to watch their mating rituals they seem very happy, and I say "more power to them!" In fact, they seem to be one of the most well-suited married couples in all of the Housewives shows (just my opinion). The only others I can think would equal Simon & Alex in terms of marital contentment would be Bethenny & Jason, the Manzos (NJ), Giggy's parents (BH - forgot their names ). Any others?
    Moontat and luvsginger like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always thought that Alex looked like she was well into her 40s. Their children are sporting "baby bags" under their eyes, too, thus giving credence to the genetic connection.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Alex & Simon try to hard to be relevant on RH. I think they need the money and are afraid of being kicked off. First season, Alex tried sooo hard, with her wear-once couture (probably on their Amex extended payment account); they both wanted viewers to think they were doyennes of NY society (yah, Simon too), and they so clearly were climbers who slipped on the first rung. They were hateful then.

With the demise of their Rich and Famous facade, they're scrambling and scratching at every little opportunity to be accepted. They'll fail. The other HW appear to have a cabal against them, and I'd like to see Alex put a stop to their haughty meanness. Ah, but she doesn't have the resources- no quick wit, nor grasp of language, nor coping skills. I do kind of see why they diss her.... I'm trying to like her myself, but she just won't let me.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    The only others I can think would equal Simon & Alex in terms of marital contentment would be Bethenny & Jason, the Manzos (NJ), Giggy's parents (BH - forgot their names ). Any others?
    Jiggy's parents would be Lisa and her husband "Dahlin"...(Ken)...what about Jacqueline and Chris Laurita? They seem to be in real love they they haven't been married that long.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    Jiggy's parents would be Lisa and her husband "Dahlin"...(Ken)...what about Jacqueline and Chris Laurita? They seem to be in real love they they haven't been married that long.
    Thank you! Lovely Lisa and Ken! (funny I could remember the dog's name ) It's just been one season, but they seem like a forever couple. Er, Jacqueline and Chris...I'd say "probably" but I've been fooled before - we've just not seen enough of them (in my opinion).

I'd say Jill will ride Bobby as long as he has money and status. Would be entertaining to see him get fed up and move on, but I doubt it. I don't include them in my list, even though they'll probably never divorce...they're as well matched as peanut butter and broccoli.

I like Jill and Bobby. Maybe it's just because I'm a NYer but I like how they get along. And I really like Jill.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread