+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1512Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

There is a blog on the internet that Bobby was talking about. I don't think I can link or post it, just Google "Hate Jill Zarin" and you'll find it. I go there and read recaps, and find it to be informative about a lot of Bravo shows and not a "hater" site.

Fans of Reality TV was my original and still favorite site!!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Fans of Reality TV was my original and still favorite site!!
    Mine too!!

I didn't see it mentioned last week, but I LOVED how Sonja cut Cindy out of all the pictures. Granted, it was juvenile, but so is Cindy. Just too funny

Also, I was only half paying attention when I watched this weeks, but did Kelly say something about playing with "purple markers"??? That girl is just so odd

Quote Originally Posted by dustypants View Post
    I didn't see it mentioned last week, but I LOVED how Sonja cut Cindy out of all the pictures. Granted, it was juvenile, but so is Cindy. Just too funny ...
    Was that not just Great? Mean, yes. But it was funny as can be, and Sonja proudly owned up to it, props for that
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm just glad that Alex and Simon found each other!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Avery's behavior was really horrible - I can't believe Ramona encourages it - but then Ramona treats people the same way (unpack my bags!)

Clearly Ramona was jealous of Jill's surprise party.

What was Bobby talking about with Simon? Some hate website?
    One of the women (Ramona maybe) said that the social scene for teenagers in NY is just like the adult society they live in. She seemed very proud of the competitive nature of their Social Life. I doubt that high society anywhere is as competitive as the HWs !
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I'm with you on this! I will admit I've seen very little of this season. So who was abused & who is getting divorced & why are Bobby's panties in a bunch???

Holly...you are correct...verbal abuse is just as if not more harmful that physical abuse. I still bear those emotional scars from my EX. He constantly called me fat, Porky Pig...you get the idea. Thing is the most I ever weighed is 115 and that was 9 months pregnant. I still hear the "oinking" sound everything I eat.
    wow...sorry you went through that PA Snow Bunny...words like that sting a lifetime....sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar View Post
    Does anyone know how old Simon is? He looked about 73 at the hypnotist, seriously.
    I quit smoking with hypnotism, 2 packs a day for over twenty years, one hypnotism and DONE! No yelling was involved.
    Simon did look very old to me also. I thought I heard or saw it written once that he is at least 10 yrs+ older than Alex...but not totally sure.

RE: Simon quitting smoking...I would have liked them to do a follow-up with him to see if he still was off the cigarettes a few days or so later.

And congrats to you Candybar for quitting smoking!!! I quit 27 yrs ago and am the very worst former-smoker you can imagine. I HATE the smell of cigarettes and can't stand being around them or smelling them on someone. The smell makes me sick to my stomach...THANK GOD!! Now if only that would happen with chocolate life would be grand!

From what I could find, Simon is about 47 yrs old. He claims he was 37 when he met Alex, which was 10 years ago.
    Maybe he needs to join Jill for that liquid face lift.
    As for the Hate Jill Zarin blog, I've read it for about a year now. The whole idea that someone would think that Simon would now jump on the bandwagon, and be a part of Hate-Jill club, sounds fabricated to me. Personally, I think Simon has better things to do or think about than Jill.

Does Simon have another name that he formerly used? I am in disbelief that he could possibly be 47 years old or even 57 years old. I can see that he uses skin treatments, exfoliates and such but he is sagging far more than anyone at the age he claims. His eye pouches are seriously worse than my Grandfathers at 93. It is rather like the woman who says "everyone takes me for younger than I am," and she doesn't realize that ship sailed long ago. Simon does give me the creeps and my creep detector is pretty reliable.
    Haha, I am otherwise a generally tolerant and nice person.
    Last edited by Candybar; 06-26-2011 at 04:02 AM. Reason: typo

If Simon has been a smoker for a long time, that can really age your face, but those sagging eye lids may just be hereditary. However, I do agree that he looks much older than 47. Being as vain as he is , we just know he's older than that!!
    Last edited by Coco46; 06-26-2011 at 07:21 AM.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread