+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Last night was interesting, esp. the parties.

Did anyone catch the look on the female party planner's face when Ramona went on about her booze not being there?? Priceless!!
    It's obvious to me that Ramna is very, very difficult to deal with. She was extremely rude at that party a few weeks ago - forget if it was Jill's charity event - when she felt "the help" had not put out the wine.
    Sorry, but she seems a real piece of work.....

I preferred Victoria's party / attitude over Avery's. Victoria seems to have a fairly decent relationship with her mom.
    Avery seems to be constantly at odds with her mother.
    Both Ramona and LouAnn have their shortcomings, for sure.
    I just thought that Avery was very much like her mother in the way she reacted. And, that's not a good thing.

Why do women go through those painful injections?? OMG. That mini facelift looked so painful. I can't imagine it.

I much prefer Simon over Alex. He's a hoot. But, that whole hypnotherapy thing seemed off. Also, how old is Simon? He looked very, very old last night.

Cindy, at least, looked like she was having fun at Jill's party. Glad to finally see her fun side.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    I suppose my cynical side is showing. But after years of watching these women become besotted by the God Of Fame I can surely see any housewife planning exactly how their next season is going to go. I really think that Tamra and Vicky, seeing cracks in their marriages decided that it would make for good TV to get a divorce instead of going the boring old therapy route. I mean how many botox/spas/birthdays/vacations can we watch?

Oh I don't doubt that it Jill were even thinking about divorcing Bobby she would be planning out how to play it for the cameras. I just don't understand why an alleged shove from Ramona's husband would lead her to divorce her husband

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    ...Why do women go through those painful injections?? OMG. That mini facelift looked so painful. I can't imagine it...
    I was thinking the same thing! Heavens to Betsy!

Believe me, if I could shell out $25k on a purse as Jill does, I'd just have the freakin' surgery and get it over with!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

lol I read it as Jill's husband shoved her. No wonder your confused. This new med I'm on has me wacked out. Sorry
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    Last night I watched and came to the realization that I really don't like any of them. Alex is the least objectionable to me.

As to the idea that Mario is or isn't abusive and whether or not Ramona would stay in an abusive relationship, I do not know. However, I can't imagine that with the cameras around all the time for weeks, we wouldn't have seen evidence of abuse.
    In agreement here. These women are not the creme de la creme of NY society by any stretch of the imagination. Alex, poor thing, is so far out of the loop, she's still clutching and clawing to be accepted by these hags; how pathetic. I'd like to see her get a better grip on her language skills, and realize she could stab the CountAss in the heart with a few well chosen words. That task finished, she could make short work of jillzarin and ramonacoaster (thanks Bethenny for that one). She never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity for defending herself- they know it and play with her at will.

Simon, whew! He looks old and tired and drawn. Alex looks wan too, but those bags under his eyes and his sagging pasty complexion ... he's showing the strain of being unable to keep up. I'm guessing he and Alex have a whopping number of credit cards maxed out at major high limits; they're both out of jobs and trying to make it as entrepreneurs. It must be very hard on them, and I think they should bow out of this craziness and get back to their own zany/alternative lives w/out Bravo cameras following them around.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    In agreement here. These women are not the creme de la creme of NY society by any stretch of the imagination. Alex, poor thing, is so far out of the loop, she's still clutching and clawing to be accepted by these hags; how pathetic. I'd like to see her get a better grip on her language skills, and realize she could stab the CountAss in the heart with a few well chosen words. That task finished, she could make short work of jillzarin and ramonacoaster (thanks Bethenny for that one). She never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity for defending herself- they know it and play with her at will.
    I agree, now that Alex has name recognition she should leave this bunch and work it further up the ladder - these crones aren't going up (as Bethenny did *ahem*)

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Simon, whew! He looks old and tired and drawn. Alex looks wan too, but those bags under his eyes and his sagging pasty complexion ... he's showing the strain of being unable to keep up. I'm guessing he and Alex have a whopping number of credit cards maxed out at major high limits; they're both out of jobs and trying to make it as entrepreneurs. It must be very hard on them, and I think they should bow out of this craziness and get back to their own zany/alternative lives w/out Bravo cameras following them around.
    Remember, Simon and Alex met via a swingers' website/group Their past lifestyle (maybe current, don't know) implies a LOT of energy expended. Those of us over 40 know there really IS a limit! So sad.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by sugarmama View Post
    remember, simon and alex met via a swingers' website/group their past lifestyle (maybe current, don't know) implies a lot of energy expended. Those of us over 40 know there really is a limit! So sad.
    really? Creepy!!!
    Holly in SoCal likes this.

- I really doubt that Jill would ever do anything to jeopardize her marriage to Bobby. She's got it made and she knows it. He thinks she's wonderful, has pots of money and she's too old and homely to find someone better.
    - Ramona will always have a hissy fit whenever she feels her wine compsumption will be cut off. She can handle most problems in life as long as she has her "medication" (wine) to even her out. She displays the most fundemental behaviors of an addict.
    - Avery is very much like her mother, Ramona and it's very easy to fall into that role of being just like your mother. I still fight and am aware of how I act so I don't fall ito that trap. It can be avoided but takes a lot of work.
    - Darn. I had forgotten how Alex and Simon met...yuck.... no wonder I was uncomfortable while she posed in the lingerie while Simon leered. Somehow they just come off as creepy. I don't want to think of them as sexual human beings.
    - Kelly really exaggerated the issue with Avery at the Sweet Sixteen Party. Avery was just complaining. She wasn't enlisting Kelly's help to correct the problem. It was more of a result of Kelly's pea-sized brain. Avery is a strong young woman and perfectly capable of dealing with her mother without Superwoman Kelly's help.
    Moontat likes this.

Does anyone know how old Simon is? He looked about 73 at the hypnotist, seriously.
    I quit smoking with hypnotism, 2 packs a day for over twenty years, one hypnotism and DONE! No yelling was involved.

Avery's behavior was really horrible - I can't believe Ramona encourages it - but then Ramona treats people the same way (unpack my bags!)

Clearly Ramona was jealous of Jill's surprise party.

What was Bobby talking about with Simon? Some hate website?
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread