+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2600Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

OMG...can Simon get any more disgusting? Wearing a dress now!!! Sheeshhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    If there's a possibility that someone has been abused, please let's not blame the person who is claiming the abuse....usually the woman, but not always. And you just might be surprised what a person might tolerate who grew up seeing/experiencing abuse in their childhood homes. I know it's not a pretty thought.
    That's very true...my sisters and I came from a very, very abusive home, my mom and all of us got it, yet my middle sister married an abuser. She's had lots of opportunities to get out of the marriage, yet she stays there. In the beginning there was some physical abuse, actually on both their parts, but throughout all 24 years of marriage there has ALWAYS been the verbal abuse. From my own personal childhood experiences I can tell you that the verbal abuse is 100 times worse than the physical and it sticks with you a heck of alot longer, well after the abuser is out of your life.

Simon is gross.
    Holly in SoCal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I guess I don't get the connection between Mario allegedly shoving Jill and Jill getting a divorce?
    I suppose my cynical side is showing. But after years of watching these women become besotted by the God Of Fame I can surely see any housewife planning exactly how their next season is going to go. I really think that Tamra and Vicky, seeing cracks in their marriages decided that it would make for good TV to get a divorce instead of going the boring old therapy route. I mean how many botox/spas/birthdays/vacations can we watch?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

People need to be very careful about implying that someone was physically abusive to them. So if Jill and Ramona are saying this and it's not true, I would take legal action against them immediately to stop it.

I don't know if it's true. Most men will not abuse a spouse in front of others, it's usually behind closed doors. You never can tell who they are. I was involved with 2 men years apart, who were verbally abusive and some physcial; rage-aholics, I call them. They were so charming, nice, kind, and well respected in the community, but behind closed doors and around a select number of friends, they would rage like a lunatic. Thank God I got away unharmed. It did teach me to not base whether someone is abusive on how they act in general.

I do agree that Bobby seems as mild mannered as a cup cake, but you never know. That's why if I were Bobby, I would get the truth out to protect my name.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I agree. You can never go by how someone "seems" or how they "look". That's why I never get all pumped up over how somebody looks.....cute/good-looking/hot......good looks can hide crazy and dangerous ALL DAY LONG.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm genuinely confused here. I thought the accusation was Mario shoved Jill at some event. Why would Bobby have to protect his name? Was there some other accusation I missed??

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I'm genuinely confused here. I thought the accusation was Mario shoved Jill at some event. Why would Bobby have to protect his name? Was there some other accusation I missed??
    I'm with you on this! I will admit I've seen very little of this season. So who was abused & who is getting divorced & why are Bobby's panties in a bunch???

Holly...you are correct...verbal abuse is just as if not more harmful that physical abuse. I still bear those emotional scars from my EX. He constantly called me fat, Porky Pig...you get the idea. Thing is the most I ever weighed is 115 and that was 9 months pregnant. I still hear the "oinking" sound everything I eat.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Maybe so. Perhaps I misunderstood. I thought it was against Bobby. If so, nevermind. But, whoever it was said about should get it straight. That is a horrible thing to do and to be accused of, if it's not true.

Oh, what's Ramona thinking about with that Sweet 16 Party? Don't people realize they are not young anymore and kids don't want you acting like one of them. LEt the girl have her party, you chaperone and do your own party another night. PLEASE.........

Last night I watched and came to the realization that I really don't like any of them. Alex is the least objectionable to me.

As to the idea that Mario is or isn't abusive and whether or not Ramona would stay in an abusive relationship, I do not know. However, I can't imagine that with the cameras around all the time for weeks, we wouldn't have seen evidence of abuse.

+ Reply to Thread