+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I have never liked LuAnn, probably because she is such a snob (for no reason, in my opinion). I think the reason she doesn't like Alex is that LuAnn feels that Alex should be in awe of the "countess".
    I know that LuAnn is in awe of the countess!!! She's her own #1 fan!!
    I loved how she swept out of the coffee shop so elegantly and dramatically, although forgetting her coat on her chair. Would have loved to have seen her come back to get it, thus spoiling the whole effect!!
    I also had to watch the ending a couple times where they filmed LuAnn walking down the street (with her coat) after being with Alex. something seemed off and then I realized she walks like a duck. Her toes point outward. Good lord!! What kind of training nowadays do they give Countesses-in-waiting if they don't correct improper posture and walking??? Us, poor peasants, need our nobility to have proper comportment to be our role models. How else will we learn??
    SugarMama likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Now, now......the way we walk is usually the result of structural/skeletal problems that have not been/or can be physically corrected. It's usually not a matter of choice. It just is. And I am not defending her.....I can't stand her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

People has a story that Jill is claiming Mario shoved her at a recent event - got irate over things Jill said on the show to make Ramona look bad this season. Ramona is quoted as saying words were exchanged, but Mario never shoved her. Who do we believe?

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    People has a story that Jill is claiming Mario shoved her at a recent event - got irate over things Jill said on the show to make Ramona look bad this season. Ramona is quoted as saying words were exchanged, but Mario never shoved her. Who do we believe?
    Has Jill decided that is her storyline for next year? A divorce? Hey Jill! It's been done already-Vicki from OC, Tamra from OC, Jeana from OC, Lulu from NY etc. etc.
    Last edited by livin4reality; 06-22-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fogey

My money is on Mario and Jill were arguing, Mario gently placed his hand on Jill's arm. Jill yelled "stop shoving me! He's abusing me! Did you see that? This man is abusive"
    luvsginger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    Has Jill decided that is her storyline for next year? A divorce? Hey Jill! It's been done already-Vicki from OC, Tamra from OC, Jeana from OC, Lulu from NY etc. etc.

I guess I don't get the connection between Mario allegedly shoving Jill and Jill getting a divorce?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I really hope it's not true. Men tend to be stronger and more forceful than they realize or are willing to admit. And women, when initially mishandled (and, sometimes, beyond) tend to make excuses for them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Now, now......the way we walk is usually the result of structural/skeletal problems that have not been/or can be physically corrected. It's usually not a matter of choice. It just is. And I am not defending her.....I can't stand her.
    Yes, shame on me. I should never make fun of someone's physical disabilities. Although with Her Highness Luann is kind of fun!!

I have a lousy memory. Didn't Jill have some big arguement with Mario, involving something slightly physical a few years back, during those tennis competitions they had? I do think sometimes men do not realize how strong they are but there are women who will take advantage of that and use the "abuse-card." Typical of Jill. Pathetic woman.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 06-23-2011 at 04:03 AM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I don't see Mario as an abusive person --- so I'm not buying it. I DO see Jill as getting more and more desperate, and less and less in touch with reality --- so I think this is just more of the same. I feel sorry for Jill. In the first season she started out with a clean slate, and has progressively gone downhill since then. It's too bad. In retrospect, I think she made a huge mistake by going on the RHNY show, because at least, as far as we know, if she hadn't, she'd still have her self respect and the respect of others intact. Of course she wouldn't have been a "reality star" --- but seeing as how she has become a big joke now and is primarily thought of as a "mean girl" --- I wonder if it was really worth it. She didn't need the money --- it was just about her ego.

And the same could be said for many of the other reality stars as well. There are quite a few that make Jill seem tame. . . but that's for another conversation!

Trust me Jill has no clue what physical abuse is. OTOH Mario needs to let Ramona fight her own battles.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread