+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I am shocked the people think that LuAnn has class. She pretends to have class, as it is defined in HER dictionary. She has developed some affectations, but I find her seriously lacking. She has been busy selling people her lame bill of goods, and they have bought into it....and those are the people with whom she surrounds herself. Gimme a break, LuAnn.
    GabbyG and SugarMama like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, check me off in the column that says the CountAss has no class; and I hate using that word outside the classroom.

I've been waiting for Bravo to out her- she sure needs it. Somehow Bravo eventually will bring information along the lines that she grew up with a drunken father and mother, living on food stamps with eight siblings in a corrugated metal shed. Of course I'm exaggerating big time....... but how heartwarming it would be to hear that a girl from those circumstances could rise above it, and give hope and encouragement to others by recounting the story of her success. Instead, the CountAss acts as if she was "to the manor born", when she's neither from the manor nor in possession of that silver spoon.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

LuAnn has confused the word "class" with the word "pretentiousness".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am shocked the people think that LuAnn has class. She pretends to have class, as it is defined in HER dictionary. She has developed some affectations, but I find her seriously lacking. She has been busy selling people her lame bill of goods, and they have bought into it....and those are the people with whom she surrounds herself. Gimme a break, LuAnn.
    Yes, affectations that seem to convince some of her "nobility." I love to listen to her as she tries her best to sound "above it all." This was very apparent in the last scene with Alex at the coffee shop. Often Luann was at a loss for words and didn't always make sense. That's simply because her emotions were threatening to take over and inside she was seething....a big no-no in upper class society, who would never stoop so low as to respond with negative emotion. More often than not, they'd resort to "dismissal," of that person/meeting, all the time smiling graciously as they left.
    My favorite exchange was when she was describing to Alex that she and her girlfriends were enjoying a delightful time in her "salon" (pronounced in the very french way) when Alex came clumping down in her big shoes.
    Gotta love how Lulu is becoming more French now that she has a French boyfriend.

Has anyone noticed that when Luann does make a point of saying: This conversation is over and sweeps out of the room. It happened during the boot clomping incident and then again in the coffee shop.

Its fairly obvious that she HATES Alex and considers her weak. She is like a savage underneath all her so-called graciousness. I can see it in her eyes when she thinks she is one upping Alex. I have NEVER liked Luann and now her true colors are coming out.

Someone upthread mentioned Alex talking over Luann in the coffee shop. Usually Alex gives the person time to respond and doesn't interrupt. But with these women, being polite doesn't register. It's not working for Alex and so she probably feels like she has to start doing some interrupting of her own in order to be heard. Luann and Kelly both pretty much shut her down in Morocco due to Alex's politeness. In their tiny little Housewives minds--if you can't hear what someone is saying, then you WIN the "fight". Its become a societal trend unfortunately. Look at the Atlanta and OC housewives for example.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fogey

I agree that LuAnn hates Alex, but I'm not sure if it is because she sees Alex as weak. I think there's more to it than that. I think that at times Alex intimidates LuAnn by just how much truth she's willing to dish out. She'll call LuAnn out directly on things. Since LuAnn operates in a world of make believe where she wants to just say it, and other people need to believe it, Alex not playing that game makes LuAnn vulnerable. I also think that LuAnn may recognize that she and Alex are a lot alike in terms of where they came from, and that also leaves her uncomfortable. Both of them are social climbers who are trying to operate in a world they've broken in to, rather than being there by "birthright". Alex is more honest about that then LuAnn is. But I think that LuAnn gets nervous that if she's around Alex for too long, she'll be "found out". Alex has the ability to tear down her carefully built facade.
    Dragonlady likes this.

Oh yes I agree with you Acooker. But I also think in her delusional mind she sees Alex as weak. Because at Luann's core she is a bully. A thug in a cocktail dress as Alex put it. And I do agree with your assessment of Luann too.

Anyone else get the picture of a 6 year old, on the playground with their fingers in ears saying: "Nah nah nah I can't HEAR YOU" ..therefore I win!!

My 17yo daughter says that all her friends love to watch RH. Gah! Can you imagine what these kids are learning?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    My 17yo daughter says that all her friends love to watch RH. Gah! Can you imagine what these kids are learning?
    Oh no! On the other hand, perhaps they can see how ridiculous their behavior is - could be a great teaching tool, who knows?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I agree that LuAnn hates Alex, but I'm not sure if it is because she sees Alex as weak. I think there's more to it than that. I think that at times Alex intimidates LuAnn by just how much truth she's willing to dish out. She'll call LuAnn out directly on things. Since LuAnn operates in a world of make believe where she wants to just say it, and other people need to believe it, Alex not playing that game makes LuAnn vulnerable. I also think that LuAnn may recognize that she and Alex are a lot alike in terms of where they came from, and that also leaves her uncomfortable. Both of them are social climbers who are trying to operate in a world they've broken in to, rather than being there by "birthright". Alex is more honest about that then LuAnn is. But I think that LuAnn gets nervous that if she's around Alex for too long, she'll be "found out". Alex has the ability to tear down her carefully built facade.
    LuAnn's behavior reminds me of a saying that goes something like: "There's something about YOU that I hate in Me!" I'm sure somebody will, graciously, straighten out my quote.

I have never liked LuAnn, probably because she is such a snob (for no reason, in my opinion). I think the reason she doesn't like Alex is that LuAnn feels that Alex should be in awe of the "countess".

+ Reply to Thread