+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2099Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I had the same reaction to that scene. I felt like I was watching an old movie about an all girl boarding school and LuAnne was Mother Superior, just seething, ready to watch the girls get into trouble and happily punish them...
    That's funny (and true!)
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Did we really need to see Alex/Simon and Ramona/Mario get ready to have sex? I don't want to see that!

Do we really need to see Cindy show her pictures of the trip to the most boring people alive?
    Last edited by mina; 06-18-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    maryhse likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    As much as I detest LuAnn's communication styles, I don't think that anyone can be blamed for Alex's choice of communication behavion except for Alex. She is choosing to mimic LuAnn's worst behaviors; it's a lot like a child who behaves the way they see the parents behaving. I would expect Alex to have more maturity than that. I've never held with blaming somebody else for the behavior of a person. If you're going to demonstrate a quality, at least demonstrate a positive quality instead of trying to act just like the idiot that is annoying you.

And Alex running to Ramona to "tell" on Jill about Ramona being left out of the focus group....that is VERY Alex-like. Shame on Alex. Alex was "busybodying", the way LuAnn is known to do. Where is the postive in that? Where is YOUR concern, Alex, for the feelings of your so-called "friend"? That is called " *ish-stirring ".
    I meant to say "very LuAnn-Like"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ramona's 'sexy time' was laughable. Men love rose petals (not really) and that was the most un-sexy massage I have ever seen.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Wasn't Kelly's daughter the one who was starting a modeling career last season...or am I mixed up with H/W kids from other shows? Oh wait...it was Danielle's daughter from the Jersey H/W's...duh!! I think I need to make myself a flow chart...too many H/W's and too many kids....

Unfortunately, it looks like Kelly's kids are going to take after their father and not their mother. That's too bad, because Kelly is quite lovely.
    Danielle got very lucky with her daughter. She looks like the father and she's gorgeous.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I agree that I prefer not to watch such a long segment of Alex and Simon's prelude to "homecoming love-making." I was really uncomfortable. Shame on me but I find Alex and Simon rather creepy and I understand that creepy people need love too but I don't want to watch.

Ramona seemed to be trying just too hard to make a love connection/evening to remember with Mario. He looked like he was being a considerate husband, who'd rather take a nice shower, eat a pizza and turn on a basketball game before falling asleep. I couldn't detect any sexual anticipation in Mario at all. (unfortunately I could see that with Simon.)

How boring was it to watch Jill pick out Bobby's new clothes?? Yes, we get it....you're rich enough to have clothes custom-made. And how Jill-like was it to make sure Bobby was "branded" with her initial with the monogram. How petty ( and Jill-like) is that?

Now for the Countess: she is very knowledgeable regarding how the upper class behaves. She knows proper behavior in all aspects. Unfortunately, knowing what to do or how to do it, does not always mean you are able to apply it in your normal life. People with class, money, proper comportment never, never allow their petty and baser emotions to be on display. They are never reduced to "arguing" in a public place. nor feel the need to defend themselves or their actions.

Emotions are the sign of low class and poor breeding. One must always put on a good front, never be "real," spend as little time a possible with those beneath them and never, never react negatively with anger to these peons. What a waste of time and energy.
    Luann knows all this but is incapable of actually being able to pull this off all the time. That takes years, decades and generations to achieve.
    Luann finds it impossible not to give in to the basic need to defend herself and attack others.
    Her boyfriend sure is homely but is saved by his sense of humor and his suave ways. I just find it hard to believe that he's all that smitten with the Countess.
    (These are just my observations on these ladies and could very well be way off the mark.)

This cracked me up: 'I understand that creepy people need love too but I don't want to watch.'

Also, why were Mario and Ramona in a hotel room?
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    ...Now for the Countess: she is very knowledgeable regarding how the upper class behaves. She knows proper behavior in all aspects. Unfortunately, knowing what to do or how to do it, does not always mean you are able to apply it in your normal life. People with class, money, proper comportment never, never allow their petty and baser emotions to be on display. They are never reduced to "arguing" in a public place. nor feel the need to defend themselves or their actions.

Emotions are the sign of low class and poor breeding. One must always put on a good front, never be "real," spend as little time a possible with those beneath them and never, never react negatively with anger to these peons. What a waste of time and energy.
    Luann knows all this but is incapable of actually being able to pull this off all the time. That takes years, decades and generations to achieve...
    Luann finds it impossible not to give in to the basic need to defend herself and attack others.
    Well said, and I think that's where LuLu falls short. She wasn't (I've read) raised in an upper class world, she married into it. And while she was married into it for 16 years, it wasn't a part of her psyche before. Money can't buy you class, and a class can't teach you class...it can't be learned as a language can (deep down, anyway). She can play the part when things are "normal," but when the stress rises, she loses the pretense because it's her natural inclination to react that way...NOT classy. When Luann was married and a Countess, she seemed much calmer, less snarky (unless of course it's our dear friend, Editing, misleading us again )

I always say, your true character is revealed when the crisis hits, not when everything's rainbows and roses.
    Moontat and Dragonlady like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Well said, and I think that's where LuLu falls short. She wasn't (I've read) raised in an upper class world, she married into it. And while she was married into it for 16 years, it wasn't a part of her psyche before. Money can't buy you class, and a class can't teach you class...it can't be learned as a language can (deep down, anyway). She can play the part when things are "normal," but when the stress rises, she loses the pretense because it's her natural inclination to react that way...NOT classy. When Luann was married and a Countess, she seemed much calmer, less snarky (unless of course it's our dear friend, Editing, misleading us again )

I always say, your true character is revealed when the crisis hits, not when everything's rainbows and roses.
    Exactly right!!
    It's a learned behavior, starting at birth and try as she might, Luann slips up and reacts like a lower class person. Personally, I'd rather interact with "lower class" people than the pretentious-no-emotion figurines seen with the upper class. I really love how they all greet each other w/lavish compliments on how they look, even though deep down inside they'd like to rip off that person's head. But they know the "guide lines" they should follow like, Be gracious, be complimentary, always smile even if you hate their guts. This is seen mostly with the New York women the, who I think really are a "rung up" on the class ladder than the other Real Housewives. Possibly due to more education??

+ Reply to Thread