+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2616Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

These ladies all have issues. LuAnn was rude, period. Sonia, ohhh, I felt badly for her, 19 million in debt. Dear.Lord.

Can I ask who wants a picture of your dog in your dishwasher eating the food off your dirty plates .. did that seem ODD to anyone else?

Is Jill copying the SPANX line of clothing?
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    These ladies all have issues. LuAnn was rude, period. Sonia, ohhh, I felt badly for her, 19 million in debt. Dear.Lord.

Can I ask who wants a picture of your dog in your dishwasher eating the food off your dirty plates .. did that seem ODD to anyone else?

Speaking of the dog and dishwasher thing with Kelly...who was that strange looking he/she person that was there with her. I was having a hard time telling if it was a male or female...but I guess with the name Bradley...it must have been a guy....but nowadays, who knows? And did they show her daughter who models? I saw her little 10 year old and there was another girl sitting on the counter, but it didn't look like the one who models....she was alot heavier in the face than her older daughter.

Yep...that's exactly what I thought...why is Jill copying Spanx?

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

Didn't see the dog part but then again I only can tolerate these women for 10 minutes at a time.

RE: Jill...isn't Jill copying Bethenny who is copying Spanx?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Didn't see the dog part but then again I only can tolerate these women for 10 minutes at a time.

RE: Jill...isn't Jill copying Bethenny who is copying Spanx?
    Is Bethenny ALSO doing Spanx? You know...with Bethenny...you can never be too "skinny" girl!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As much as I detest LuAnn's communication styles, I don't think that anyone can be blamed for Alex's choice of communication behavion except for Alex. She is choosing to mimic LuAnn's worst behaviors; it's a lot like a child who behaves the way they see the parents behaving. I would expect Alex to have more maturity than that. I've never held with blaming somebody else for the behavior of a person. If you're going to demonstrate a quality, at least demonstrate a positive quality instead of trying to act just like the idiot that is annoying you.

And Alex running to Ramona to "tell" on Jill about Ramona being left out of the focus group....that is VERY Alex-like. Shame on Alex. Alex was "busybodying", the way LuAnn is known to do. Where is the postive in that? Where is YOUR concern, Alex, for the feelings of your so-called "friend"? That is called " *ish-stirring ".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

LuAnn to me is a classic example of someone who WANTS to be rich and powerful, rather than someone who actually is. When a person is truly as classy and cultured as LuAnn pretends to be, people can see it in their behavior. You don't need to be informed that a person is that way. Genuinely classy people have usually been raised to be that way, and surrounded by people who taught them how to behave and how to treat people. They're viewed that way because they've earned it. LuAnn has observed people who are powerful and classy, and desires to be one. So she tries to do what she's observed, not what she was taught. And she's failing. Big time. To me, the most obvious example of that was when she was on Watch What Happens Live, and Andy read the quote from Anderson Cooper about how people who are truly classy don't use the word "class". LuAnn's response about thinking people were free to use whatever words they wanted told me that Anderson's (a guy who is truly classy, and was raised by a classy woman who taught him to be that way) point flew right over her head.
    SugarMama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    Is Bethenny ALSO doing Spanx? You know...with Bethenny...you can never be too "skinny" girl!!
    From what I have heard...yes although I am not sure if the lawsuit will affect this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

This was kind of a boring episode, overall.
    And, please Andy Cohen, I can do without all the lingerie shots / massages that are becoming a gratuitous mainstay of the HW franchise.
    The scenes of Alex and Simon are just cringeworthy for me. Sorry, but I find the 2 extremely hard to watch. I find each of them sexually unappealing and enough to make me want to enter a convent for the rest of my life.
    Did anybody notice Ramona's lips / upper portion beneath her nose in the hotel room.
    Seemed pretty obvious that she had just had surgery (or like she likes to say injections) on the upper lip to stave off the wrinkles that we get as we age. As a result, her lips are starting to get that Taylor look....Not a pleasant sight.
    Louann is definitely haughty and arrogant. But, I have to agree with PRShay here. Alex needs to express herself in a much better way if she wants people to hear her "voice." Otherwise, she just comes off looking bad, too.
    On the subject of Alex, why does she always have to be the self appointed "messenger" for her friends? THis is not middle school. These are all grown women. Why stoop t such a level?
    She did that when she delivered Bethenny's message last season. Last night, she just had to run and tell Ramona about Jill's party that Ramona was NOT invited to. She's a bigger s*it starter than many of the others, yet she thinks it's OK, always.
    Poor Sonja. She really seems lost.
    Kelly has an ironic sense of humor. I didn't mind the Christmas card idea that her daughter had. I thought it was funny.
    To the best of my knowledge, neither of her daughters models, though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I saw a bit last night where Luan was scolding the girls for being late to dinner therefore there would be no dinner for them. Then she scolded them for, as her guests, not telling her they would not be at dinner. Excuse me but wouldn't a good hostess, in seeing 1/2 of her guests not sitting at the dinner table, go up & check on them & tell them dinner is being served? So not what a good hostess does Luann "clap clap"
    I had the same reaction to that scene. I felt like I was watching an old movie about an all girl boarding school and LuAnne was Mother Superior, just seething, ready to watch the girls get into trouble and happily punish them.
    That's not how friends act when vacationing together. If they didn't show up, wouldn't you first suspect something was wrong? Not immediately jump to the conclusion that they were being rude and disrespectful.
    All these women are a piece of work.
    luvsginger and SugarMama like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    The one thing I totally disagreed with that Alex DID do is the way she ran to Ramona to tell her about Jill's undergarment party (when Ramona was intentionally not invited to the event). That was not cool...
    I think she was just being a true friend to Ramona. And everything's caught on TV anyway - wouldn't it look worse if Ramona watches this and learns that neither Alex or Sonja told her about it? And she also thought that Jill was blaming Ramona for losing the Kodak deal when that was not true. And Ramona is in fashion, so her expertise and input would have been more valuable than say the countless or Sonja who forgoes wearing underwear most of the time.

+ Reply to Thread