+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Alex was exactly right when she gave LuAnn the long list of characeristics she has - haughty, pretentious, etc. LuAnn denied it, and then went through the rest of their conversation behaving exactly as Alex had described. Alex was totally the voice of the audience in that scene.
    Moontat and Holly in SoCal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Alex was exactly right when she gave LuAnn the long list of characeristics she has - haughty, pretentious, etc. LuAnn denied it, and then went through the rest of their conversation behaving exactly as Alex had described. Alex was totally the voice of the audience in that scene.
    Last night on WWHL, the poll was "Whose side are you on: Alex or Luann?" Alex won 75% to Luann's 25% -- guess Luann will take that as how we stupid little masses
    still need to be educated.

Luann is working to take the late Leona Helmsley's title away - Queen of Mean
    Moontat likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Regular

Luann is a mean, Hag. I agree that Alex was spot on in her description of her. Speaking of Alex, um, why did we have to see her little show for Simon. Well, at least it was classier than Tamra's. (Sorry for the crossover to RHOOC.)
    And why I do get that creepy feeling about Mario? Were they in a motel room? Ramona's eyes crack me up every time. And way to mend fences there, Jill, by inviting everybody to your little designer thing but Ramona. And why the heck is she designing Spanx. We already have them. Day late, a dollar short. Stupid show all the way around.
    SugarMama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    Just like Luann!!!!!
    I think camels have instinct, just like dogs and horses, that signals them when a human is evil. CountAss Lu gave off that stink. No, no, the camel perceived it, instinct not stink.
    SugarMama likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Last night on WWHL, the poll was "Whose side are you on: Alex or Luann?" Alex won 75% to Luann's 25% -- guess Luann will take that as how we stupid little masses
    still need to be educated.

Luann is working to take the late Leona Helmsley's title away - Queen of Mean
    Separated at birth.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Well, while I'm on a rant, I might as well say it - I used to think of Lu as CountAss. Now I think she's simply an ass.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

I saw a bit last night where Luan was scolding the girls for being late to dinner therefore there would be no dinner for them. Then she scolded them for, as her guests, not telling her they would not be at dinner. Excuse me but wouldn't a good hostess, in seeing 1/2 of her guests not sitting at the dinner table, go up & check on them & tell them dinner is being served? So not what a good hostess does Luann "clap clap"
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I saw a bit last night where Luan was scolding the girls for being late to dinner therefore there would be no dinner for them. Then she scolded them for, as her guests, not telling her they would not be at dinner. Excuse me but wouldn't a good hostess, in seeing 1/2 of her guests not sitting at the dinner table, go up & check on them & tell them dinner is being served? So not what a good hostess does Luann "clap clap"
    Just who does she think she is? Whatever goodwill and good reputation she's tried to build over these past 3.5 seasons was just shot down...by her own words and actions. I guess one can only keep up a pretense for so long...the real "you" comes through eventually. LuLu is just peachy...as long as you play by her rules and keep in you place.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am shocked by how, even when there are only 2 women on camera, they still talk over each other. LuAnn is extremely guilty of this, but Alex did it, too. It's just so rude. And I noticed a lot of the despicable patterns we see in LuAnn in Alexis, too. It's like she's striving to be just like LuAnn, but doesn't have it quite down yet. And, LuAnn, for a woman who thinks she has class....actually, you are sorely deficient in your personal interactions. How do you accomplish anything by thinking that what you have to say is so urgently important that you've got to just blurt it out while somebody else is talking? Talking over someone doesn't make you right, you know. It doesn't count when no one knows what you have said.

All of them need to go to group therapy to learn how to communicate as a group!
    momrek06 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just can't stand that LuAnn....she is so low class. I think of all the housewives across the board, she is at the bottom of my list of likability. I understand why Alex seemed to be talking over LuAnn...because everytime she tried to say something, LuAnn would cut her off and she would never be allowed to make her point. LuAnn does act very dismissive....she treats people like a paid servant that she can dismiss just because she pays them. Even if it seemed that Alex was exhibiting some of the same behaviors as LuAnn during that conversation, Alex doesn't walk around telling everyone that SHE is the queen of all things classy and proper. I think Alex kind of gets pushed into some unfavorable looking circumstances & behaviors during her attempts to speak with LuAnn BECAUSE of LuAnn's behavior towards her during their exchanges. LuAnn treats her like a child who should be seen and not heard.

The one thing I totally disagreed with that Alex DID do is the way she ran to Ramona to tell her about Jill's undergarment party (when Ramona was intentionally not invited to the event). That was not cool...

For some reason...I don't really believe Mario's denial when Ramona told him about what that fortune-teller in Morocco said.....it seemed a little scripted that he just "happened" to come up with the same answer as Ramona did in Morocco...ie...the other woman is their daughter.

And those scenes with Alex and her hubby...well...it IS sweet that they love, care and are into each other that much...but on the other hand...maybe it's only because it's them and their personalities, but for some reason I find it yucky to watch them indulging in their style of showing their love....

+ Reply to Thread