+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2466Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by mize77 View Post
    Do you suppose Alex was mortified because of Ramona's and Sonya's stupid requests to the designer?
    I can't believe that I am actually starting to like LuAnn and Kelly this year. LuAnn at least demonstrates some common sense and good manners--at least in other countries.
    I think that's exactly why Alex was mortified. She and Simon have shown through each season that they stand in awe of anyone successful in the arts. Working in fashion retail, she obviously holds designers in high esteem. So I would expect Alex's approach to the designer would be "what do you see me in?" while Sonja and Ramona were treating him as if they knew design far better than he did, and needed to instruct him what to do with them.

With Kelly, I think she hasn't changed - I think she's just getting a kinder edit in order to keep her on the show. She's still showing signs of crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Bad thunderstorms & nothing else on TV forced me to watch this episode. I think I should have stood outside in the hail & lightening. That would have been healthier.

Jill should talk about using doctors as a fountain of youth. She was on one of thise celebrity gossip shows laking about all of the procedures she has had done.
    Ramona...the white short shorts were just so inappropiate on a woman in our age group. Even more so when you know full well you are going to a muslim country.
    Our Jilly was showing wearing her teenager outfit/hair in her commentary. Talk about kettle calling pot black.

Venomus snakes at a birthday party...I would have been on the next flight out of Morroco to anywhere.

IMHO Ramona is getting the bad edit this season. I think Sonja drinks just as much if not more than Ramona. Ramona there is something called a functional alcoholic so yes you can run 4 business & have drinking issues.
    I'm agreeing with most of your observations. Kelly and Luann do not fool me. Luann is a trouble maker and Kelly is one who loves to create conflict out of no where. Here's an example of a conversation with Kelly if she doesn't like you:

Kelly:"The weather is so nice. I just love what a beautiful day it is."

Other person: "Yes, it's so nice. The sun is shining, the birds are singing and there isn't a cloud in the sky."

Kelly: "What is WRONG with you? Why are you being so negative? Why did you have to say their isn't a cloud in the sky? I'm not into negativity lady. Go spread that negative energy on someone else. Whew.....something's wrong with her."

Other person: "Kelly, what are you talking about? I was not being negative."

Kelly: "I'm out of here and away from your negativity lady."
    Later Kelly tells Luann: " I had to get away from that lady, she was all into such negative conversation about the weather and she attacked me. It wasn't normal."

LOL

I don't hate snakes, but the snake thing last night was NOT SAFE. I don't care who was doing the handling. I have seen documentaries of people dying who thought they were safe in those situations. Shame on BRAVO for allowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    exactly. Sonja for some reason thinks she has to throw it in our faces every episode how sexed up she is.

Luann got on my nervs more than anyone for the portion of the show I saw before I dozed off. "dahhhling" every 5th word. and so what if Ramona and Sonja wanted to go off on their own instead of going shopping with them. Luann referred to herself as their hostess as if she, and not Bravo had made all of the travel arrangements and they were staying in her house. Just because you have been there before does not give you the right to plan everyone else's time.
    Yes...I agree...Luann was soooo annoying. She acted like Morocco was her country/home and everyone there were her invited guests to her country/home. You would think she was the queen of Morocco or at the very least, it's Ambassador.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Venomus snakes at a birthday party...I would have been on the next flight out of Morroco to anywhere.
    I think the venomous snakes were at the party BEFORE the actual snakes were brought out!

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    I think the venomous snakes were at the party BEFORE the actual snakes were brought out!
    Oh I agree. No one packs more venom that Lulu & Jill; a puff adder & a cobra, the perfect pair.

Kelly is just weird but she does at times sound rational except once someone disagrees with her all of a sudden they are bullying her.

I just can not warm up to this Cindy person at all. A hissy fit over hangers....I doubt Ramona or Sonja took them. They were already wasted so nope don't buy them "stealing" her hangars. In all honesty I would have preferred dull save-the-date Jen over Cindy. Alot of hard loving on that girl's face.

I just don't get Alex this season at all then again I still have 2 unseen episodes in dvr to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Here's an example of a conversation with Kelly if she doesn't like you:

Kelly:"The weather is so nice. I just love what a beautiful day it is."

Other person: "Yes, it's so nice. The sun is shining, the birds are singing and there isn't a cloud in the sky."

Kelly: "What is WRONG with you? Why are you being so negative? Why did you have to say their isn't a cloud in the sky? I'm not into negativity lady. Go spread that negative energy on someone else. Whew.....something's wrong with her."

Other person: "Kelly, what are you talking about? I was not being negative."

Kelly: "I'm out of here and away from your negativity lady."

Later Kelly tells Luann: " I had to get away from that lady, she was all into such negative conversation about the weather and she attacked me. It wasn't normal."
    Hilarious!

Thanks for clarifying Alex's "mortified" comment everyone. I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention (can you imagine?) but I thought for a second that Alex had been around Ramona too much and started making up her own definitions of words. She must cringe more than anyone at some of the things Ramona says!

Please tell me I'm not the only person who was praying one of those snakes Jill had on her head would have bitten her & put us all out of our misery
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    That was one of the best scenes from this episode - jillzarin tearing up, sniveling and whimpering, while she produced the piece of crap trinket from her gazillion-dollar handbag. She couldn't have brought back a gorgeous silk scarf or a special handmade piece of jewelry for each of her friends? Hale, if any of us brought back junk like that we'd get laughed out of the room.

Well, if it were not for bad taste, Jill would have no taste at all.
    And you, nor anyone here, or anywhere, has any idea how incensed I get when I see her on another talk show as a guest as if she had some credibility.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

FORT Fanatic

I strongly recommend recording these Housewive shows and then fast-forwarding later through people you cannot stand. Did it ever occur to Ramona that at the very least, she would have looked up Morocco on the internet and learned about their customs? No wonder so many peope hate us around the world. We truly come off as clueless and insensitive in so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150 View Post
    I strongly recommend recording these Housewive shows and then fast-forwarding later through people you cannot stand. Did it ever occur to Ramona that at the very least, she would have looked up Morocco on the internet and learned about their customs? No wonder so many peope hate us around the world. We truly come off as clueless and insensitive in so many ways.
    I thought of that, too - AND how Countless Luanne, who never missed an opportunity to criticize "the blondes" regarding their wardrobe, behavior, etc., while constantly pointing out how she (Miss Manners) was hosting this trip.

I'd love to tell her: "Well then, LuLu, if you're such a paragon of decorum and manners, why didn't you advise your guests beforehand? Oh, pshaw...but that might have taken away your opportunities to berate them" (of course, behind their backs as berating them to their faces would be inappropriate, wouldn't it.)

LuLu
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread