+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2228Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    yep. I guess Ramona is going to be the sacrifical lamb this season. 7 Housewives is probably 1 too many.
    Kelly: She's getting more normal, although the leap from "I'm scared of Ramona" (wasn't it Bethenny she had the bigger problem with) to "I can't wait to go to Morocco" was very suspiciously sudden (and fake? pushed by Bravo?) (I swear they're going to Morocco so Andy can enjoy the dark swarthy desert men.) I hope Max Palacio doesn't mind being called a "shark, bottom feeder, or minnow" or Kelly implying that he hit her -- and while she's congratulating herself on her high standards, why didn't she remember saying that she wouldn't date anyone who didn't have an impressive name and accomplishments? Oh, right. I guess she forgot that right along with forgetting her very own conviction for assault. Battered woman (with linebacker shoulders)? I ain't buying it. But she sure has hired better handlers.

Cindy: Better stop being dull. And have you noticed that she can look so very very old, quite at a moment's notice? She didn't really say or do much this episode, guess she was shocked into silence on learning that somebody might not go through their day knee deep in vajayjays and rhinestones. (Elvis Heaven?)

Jill: Nasty. She made that nasty comment about Ramona having the only glass of wine -- but, um, didn't we see a lot of the ladies drinking? RIGHT AT THAT SAME MOMENT? She's doing everything she can to run Ramona down; having gotten rid of Bethenny guess who's next in her sights? Her games are awfully transparent. I do think her bullying charity raiser was ... nice, and convenient for making her seem slightly less of a witch.

Alex: Another one who should stop being dull. Yes, she's found a voice, and yes, she's trying to be nice but firm but honestly she needs to provoke and promote drama if she wants to stay on TV. I am glad for her that she has Francois and Johan; she can practice talking to little children to them before she goes out to events with the larger children on the cast. She can also practice washing their faces so she can figure out how to stop her nasty caked on face paint from giving her zits. I mean you'd think her beard would take care of rubbing it off on her pillow every night but....

Sonya: Silly tart. Thank God for her she married money. Dragging her lady bits all over her table like a hoochie mama, flashing the crew, grossing out linebacker of the fashion whirl; I guess "desperation" isn't a word in Sonja's vocabularly. No wonder, all those years as a waitress and hostess at rich people's hangouts taught her how to use her money to force her flirtation and sadly aggressive sexuality on people whom she pays to put up with it. Wrap that up with the revenge she's taking on men and you come up with a half-naked genital schlepping ass baring ball of trollopicity. It's sad and it's tragic and she doesn't know it.

Ramona: She's letting her naive show. Hint my dear lady: Jill and Countless are snakes, Jill via the loudhailer method and Countless by the ostensibly nice sneaky back door method. I'd have told Countless to sling her hook at the tea room. I wonder who in the editing booth Ramona made angry... I do feel sorry for her because she leaps into ultrafluster at a moment's notice. But she's another not really delicate flower.

Countless: She's a condescending entitled two-faced nurse from the servant classes of Connecticut's less fashionable valleys. She seems to have decided that it's good manners to lecture, scold, harass, gossip and demean others. At least she does it both behind their backs and to their faces, in private and in public. (Does she do much else lately?) Now, I know that nearly everyone on the show(s) does this, but only La Countlessa has appointed herself manners maven and scrawled out a book on the subject. Money can't indeed buy you class, but whatever it is that can buy class, the Countless doesn't possess it.

Oh, and Morocco is a country, not a city, is alls I know.

Who honestly believes Morocco was on Jill's bucket list?

Very funny AngloAm. Your post is so accurate too.

You mention Cindy. Cindy seemed okay at first, but when she went nuts because her babies' daddy was playing with the kids, she really showed she had something missing. Overprotective is fine, but her behavior was just ridiculous. Also, most of the time she looks not only very scattered, but rough. (Yes, I now she has twins, but she also has enough nannies so she doesn't have to do anything but pose for photos with the kids.) I could easily see her riding on a motorcycle with a rough neck, downing a beer and waiting for a tattoo. (No offense intended.) She doesn't seem to go with that group of ladies at all IMO. Maybe that's why she was hired. I also cannot for the life of me see how she is a successful business woman in NY City. I guess I have higher expectations than most people.

I will admit I really haven't watched most of this season. These women have just become so childish, catty & immature I just want to reach through the TV & smack them into reality.

It might only be me but Ramona does look, for lack of a better term, used up. She does have the look of someone who tends to have 1 too many glasses on win a night. You can Botox all you want but you can't erase the 'over drinking' look. I know that look well from my EX.

Cindy is as dull as drying paint & Alex is dull boardering for ridiclous. This having to confront everyone is beyond pathetic.

Lulu...dahling please....Miss Manners you are not.

Sonja...so sad. It is a good thing you are loaded. Young guys are interesed in your bank account not your dimpled butt. You take your friends' children into your home as your unpaid help...REALLY?????

Kelly is still the sole resident in KellyWorld. Sand angels when the conversation got too intense.

I thought Jill was going to be a changed person this season...seems she got right back into the gossiping. She brought everyone a $1 plastic bear from Australia. You have got to be kidding me.

Good points above on the ladies.

When Kelly started talking about not being able to find a good man, I had to hold back laughter. Are you kidding me? Can you imagine what a guy starts to think when Kelly goes off into Kelly land and they are out in a public place after first meeting? I'm trying to see his face as he looks for the door and trys to figure a way to get out. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post

I thought Jill was going to be a changed person this season...seems she got right back into the gossiping. She brought everyone a $1 plastic bear from Australia. You have got to be kidding me.
    That was one of the best scenes from this episode - jillzarin tearing up, sniveling and whimpering, while she produced the piece of crap trinket from her gazillion-dollar handbag. She couldn't have brought back a gorgeous silk scarf or a special handmade piece of jewelry for each of her friends? Hale, if any of us brought back junk like that we'd get laughed out of the room.

Well, if it were not for bad taste, Jill would have no taste at all.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    You mention Cindy. Cindy seemed okay at first, but when she went nuts because her babies' daddy was playing with the kids, she really showed she had something missing. Overprotective is fine, but her behavior was just ridiculous. Also, most of the time she looks not only very scattered, but rough. (Yes, I now she has twins, but she also has enough nannies so she doesn't have to do anything but pose for photos with the kids.) I could easily see her riding on a motorcycle with a rough neck, downing a beer and waiting for a tattoo. (No offense intended.) She doesn't seem to go with that group of ladies at all IMO. Maybe that's why she was hired. I also cannot for the life of me see how she is a successful business woman in NY City. I guess I have higher expectations than most people.
    I see what you mean - yes she does look like there but for a few shillings in her bank account she could be a random biker babe (no offense to random biker babes). Possibly with a conviction for assault in her past.

Remember when these were supposed to be 'socialites?' They're not even social, lite.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Good points above on the ladies.

When Kelly started talking about not being able to find a good man, I had to hold back laughter. Are you kidding me? Can you imagine what a guy starts to think when Kelly goes off into Kelly land and they are out in a public place after first meeting? I'm trying to see his face as he looks for the door and trys to figure a way to get out. LOL
    Her idea of a 'good man' is so skewed though - remember when she was interviewing some sort of author or photographer, he was reasonably handsome, articulate, pleasant, and she seemed to be in girl-giggling heaven with him. I honestly thought that they could have dated; that she wanted to date him...but then she lets drop that she can't date people who don't have 'a name' or who aren't 'famous.'

Besides which she's such a prude (and I don't think that's an act).

I do have to say though that she's coming across more reasonable and nice this season. Maybe somebody's reminding her to take her meds on a consistent basis for once.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    Her idea of a 'good man' is so skewed though - remember when she was interviewing some sort of author or photographer, he was reasonably handsome, articulate, pleasant, and she seemed to be in girl-giggling heaven with him. I honestly thought that they could have dated; that she wanted to date him...but then she lets drop that she can't date people who don't have 'a name' or who aren't 'famous.'

Besides which she's such a prude (and I don't think that's an act).

I do have to say though that she's coming across more reasonable and nice this season. Maybe somebody's reminding her to take her meds on a consistent basis for once.
    One of many fantastic quotes in your recent posts, AngloAm! I agree that Kelly appears to be the least annoying right now of all the women. That itself is sad! I fully expect Kelly to come out in all her glory in Morocco - it seems to be on location where she loses it - maybe she forgets to pack her meds!?

FORT Fogey

Or her minder.

I thought of another tidbit about Jill. Do we know those trinkets from her trip cost only a dollar? Well, they did look inexpensive. Maybe she's been placed on a budget! Anyway, I wonder how she felt when she opened up the nice gift that Cindy had for the ladies when they went to the weekend spa? (Nice plush robe.) What a contrast. LOL

+ Reply to Thread