+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2467Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Maybe Bravo will reveal more about Kelly's slapfest; but it will be only Kelly's twilight zone version. I suspect her alleged abuse was connected to the lawsuit against her, brought by a boyfriend who said she assaulted him- 3rd degree assault I think it says. She said she was "slapped". Well, I guess so, if the assault case is accurate. I don't believe she was abused. She's just another RH faker.

Kelly Bensimon, New "Real Housewife," Arrested For Assaulting Boyfriend
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

The Countless should be called the Clueless. She referred to Morocco as a 'city' like Paris. Morocco is a country Miss know-it -all.
    I think Ramoana really has a drinking problem. She was so obnoxius at the charity event I thought she's get kicked out. I thought it ironic the event was about bullying and then all these women did was bully each other. Great way to support your cause.
    Sonja is so disgusting this season. The ladies need to pitch in and buy her some underwear! And I certainly wouldn't eat on her dining room table after she had sprawled all over it, ick!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    As I stated upthread, there are people in the cast of characters who do not like each other. The show likes likes that, because it can cause conflict. There are personality conflicts and the show focuses on them. The more drama the better. I don't know exactly what is scripted and what is not. That's how they pull you in on these shows. Some of it seems so real, yet some of it makes no sense and is obviously contrived BS.

I'm not trying to convince anyone who believes it's not scripted that it is. If a viewer wishes to believe that, then that's fine. It may be more enjoyable to watch the show if you view it that way. That's just something I can't do.

I do think there was a parting of the ways with Bethenny and Jill and that most of it was scripted, then real personal conflict came into play that was over things that did not involve the script. That's just my take on it.
    I know how it works. In fact, majority of the housewives never even knew each other before they got on the series.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Maybe Bravo will reveal more about Kelly's slapfest; but it will be only Kelly's twilight zone version. I suspect her alleged abuse was connected to the lawsuit against her, brought by a boyfriend who said she assaulted him- 3rd degree assault I think it says. She said she was "slapped". Well, I guess so, if the assault case is accurate. I don't believe she was abused. She's just another RH faker.

Kelly Bensimon, New "Real Housewife," Arrested For Assaulting Boyfriend
    I only assumed she was talking about her photographer husband.The "assault boyfriend" never entered my mind only because it was so public and assumed Lulu knew about that one. You might be right because at the time, thought it strange that she would come out with it if it were her husband as he is quite famous in the fashion industry and she probably wouldn't have admitted that if it were him. Then again, it could have been another relationship altogether.

Am sure there was more said about the abuse besides what we heard. There were no details given -- but Lulu's (and Kelly's) reactions seemed more than just dating some guy, he slapped her and she got rid of him real quick, like many women would; however, I don't consider that scenario an abusive "relationship."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    Sonja is so disgusting this season. The ladies need to pitch in and buy her some underwear! And I certainly wouldn't eat on her dining room table after she had sprawled all over it!
    ROFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think the first time Kelly commented on Sonja's lack of panties, she called it a ragina....starting with an "R" not "V." When asked to repeat it she caught on, but I think she though it was Ragina.
    I caught that too. I thought Kelly was saying "bagina". Cracked me up. No pun intended. I must have heard wrong though. Wasn't Kelly the one who told everyone several times that she graduated from Columbia University and majored in Journalism?
    Last edited by beesknees; 05-21-2011 at 02:46 AM.

I am going to preface this by saying that I don't think it is OK for a man to slap a woman, except in self defense, as Kelly's situation may have been

I have been trying to figure out what that conversation was all about for the last couple of days and if that was really supposed to be the huge "kelly's shocking revelation!!!!!!" that Bravo has been getting us ready for all week.

Here is what I saw and heard on my TV. Kelly mentioned that a man had once slapped her. LuAnn somehow translated that to mean that Kelly was a baterred woman in an abusive relationship with a man who beat her within an inch of her life regularly. Poor poor Kelly, what she has been through!!! delicate little flower that she is

There are many many women out there who have been truly abused by their husbands/boyfriends and the "shocking revelation!!!!!" of Kelly's, and LuLu's reaction, to me, trivializes what real abused women have gone through

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees View Post
    I caught that too. I thought Kelly was saying "bagina". Cracked me up. No pun intended. I must have heard wrong though. Wasn't Kelly the one who told everyone several times that she graduated from Columbia University and majored in Journalism?
    She says she graduated, and she did, from some 6 week summer course offered by Columbia or something like that. You pay a hefty amount to attend and I'm pretty sure no one "fails" so everyone graduates and can thereafter say they "graduated from Columbia".

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    She says she graduated, and she did, from some 6 week summer course offered by Columbia or something like that. You pay a hefty amount to attend and I'm pretty sure no one "fails" so everyone graduates and can thereafter say they "graduated from Columbia".
    Good Gordon, thanks for clearing that one up! For the life of me I could never sqaure it in my head that the words "Kelly, graduate, and Columbia University" all could be in the same sentence, (Kelly made it seem like she earned a BA @ Columbia or something).

A six-week, non-credit, adult-enrichment course in writing sounds more like it.

FORT Fogey

How has no one called her out on that yet?

As someone who applied to the women's college at Columbia and got waitlisted, I would have been SUPERMAD if Kevlar Kelly had actually gone there. And rather insulted.

+ Reply to Thread