+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2606Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I don't understand when people say that it's scripted or things like that. Many housewives have said that these things ARE REAL and have happened. The stories aren't made up. It may take weeks and weeks for something to happen, but the show has to be edited so it can make a storyline in the hour episode. I mean, that makes sense. Are you going to sit in front of a TV watching everything in real time for all that time? They have to be directed in some ways.

I guess you're saying that Bethenny and Jill Zarin are really best buddies.

In fact, everything on TV is "orchestrated" -- from talk shows to whatever. They have to be; for timing purposes and audience interest.

Wrestling is something different.
    As I stated upthread, there are people in the cast of characters who do not like each other. The show likes likes that, because it can cause conflict. There are personality conflicts and the show focuses on them. The more drama the better. I don't know exactly what is scripted and what is not. That's how they pull you in on these shows. Some of it seems so real, yet some of it makes no sense and is obviously contrived BS.

I'm not trying to convince anyone who believes it's not scripted that it is. If a viewer wishes to believe that, then that's fine. It may be more enjoyable to watch the show if you view it that way. That's just something I can't do.

I do think there was a parting of the ways with Bethenny and Jill and that most of it was scripted, then real personal conflict came into play that was over things that did not involve the script. That's just my take on it.

I hate to see anyone pick on Jill. Ramona is quite a drinker. Bad Ramona.

Well, well, I learned a lot last night. First of all though, Ramona gave me a belly laugh. When she was describing Luann attacking her she was mocking her with would'a, should'a, could'a, etc. And said she made her vomit! It was so funny. I got my laugh for the night with that one.

Luann has lost it. She is trying to stir up trouble. And actually, I consider what she said to Ramona at the fund raiser to be a untruthful. The ladies on the spa trip had agreed to the Moroccan trip, though with concern. So Luann telling her all that stuff about them not going on the trip was misleading, IMO. Even Jill said they were working on things. Luann, that little polite, royal mess.

It's obvious they are playing up Ramona and Sonja to look like drunks and it's not very flattering.

I think the first time Kelly commented on Sonja's lack of panties, she called it a ragina....starting with an "R" not "V." When asked to repeat it she caught on, but I think she though it was Ragina.

Can't wait for the big trip. It looks like people really get upset.....AGAIN. LOL

Ramona seems to be getting the Kim Richards edit this season.

Even when she was in the restaurant with Luann, her water glass looked more like a wine glass.

This season is overly scripted.

And did Kelly tell Louann she'd been the victim of physical abuse? It quickly switched to Louann hugging her, bu it didn't look to me like Kelly hhad shared all that much with Louann. I rewatched it and still couldn't tell.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am no LuAnn fan. She's a busybody.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

As Gayle King pointed out on Andy. When Kelly is divulging her abuse history and Luann is near tears and hugging her, Jill and Cindy are in the back seat only 2 feet away reading a magazine and calmly chatting!!! I mean they are only inches away. Odd reaction IMO.

I feel bad Kelly was abused. That's all I'll say about that.

You notice they have a toast with sparkling cider. Is this to show how they don't drink alcohol, but the blondes do? So silly.

FORT Fogey

I may be entirely wrong about this, as all I know about the situtaion is what was shown on the screen. But something seemed odd to me about the way that Kelly was sharing that story. She was talking about being mistreated, and LuAnn jumped on the idea of Kelly being abused. I remember Kelly saying she'd been slapped. But it seemed like it was either choppy editing to protect the privacy of some people, or else LuAnn saw an opportunity for drama, and read more into Kelly's comment than was intended, and then Kelly decided to play along. I have no idea what the truth is, and if Kelly was in an abusive relationship and got out of it, I'm proud of her. But more seemed off to me about that conversation than just Jull and Cindy ignoring it all in the back seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    As I stated upthread, there are people in the cast of characters who do not like each other. The show likes likes that, because it can cause conflict. There are personality conflicts and the show focuses on them. The more drama the better. I don't know exactly what is scripted and what is not. That's how they pull you in on these shows. Some of it seems so real, yet some of it makes no sense and is obviously contrived BS.

I'm not trying to convince anyone who believes it's not scripted that it is. If a viewer wishes to believe that, then that's fine. It may be more enjoyable to watch the show if you view it that way. That's just something I can't do.

I do think there was a parting of the ways with Bethenny and Jill and that most of it was scripted, then real personal conflict came into play that was over things that did not involve the script. That's just my take on it.
    To me, "scripted" and "contrived" are two different things. In my opinion, "scripted" is following a script -- like in acting........all the scenarios made up; fiction.

Oh well, apples and oranges. It's all entertainment and to sit down and watch a TV show and dissect it to the nth degree takes the joy out of it. Superman ain't real either.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    The writers are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel. On the previews from their trip to the middle east, Cindy can only complain that someone took her hangers. LOL
    When the Middle East trip came up, first thing I thought of was Sex and the City 2. Give me a break. Oh well, probably the same old visciousness only on sand dune.

That Cindy sure is miserable. How is it possible for Ramona to get out there this season and show herself like that? YIKES -- maybe I'll go to the Middle East and leave them all here.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I may be entirely wrong about this, as all I know about the situtaion is what was shown on the screen. But something seemed odd to me about the way that Kelly was sharing that story. She was talking about being mistreated, and LuAnn jumped on the idea of Kelly being abused. I remember Kelly saying she'd been slapped. But it seemed like it was either choppy editing to protect the privacy of some people, or else LuAnn saw an opportunity for drama, and read more into Kelly's comment than was intended, and then Kelly decided to play along. I have no idea what the truth is, and if Kelly was in an abusive relationship and got out of it, I'm proud of her. But more seemed off to me about that conversation than just Jull and Cindy ignoring it all in the back seat.
    That's the problem with these shows. That conversation could have been much longer and in more detail, but edited as such so the audience could get the gist of iend result. So people take it at face value leading to wondering and speculation and we're left out here being confused.

I do notice that each season a different housewife gets to be centered as the bad guy. This one's Ramona and the others are tamer than before. Jill will always be Jill but I do notice she is trying to tone it down as I'm sure she took a lot of heat with the Bethenny series. I still can't stand the woman and I really resent when she guests on other shows. She was one of the panelists on Joy Behar Show the other night -- that really insults my intelligence.

Bad behavior should not be awarded -- and that goes for the entire New Jersey bunch.

+ Reply to Thread