+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2222Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I liked Sonja last season, but now she is just trying to hard for the drama
    Yeah....I really can't stand Sonja....she is such a phony.....

Loved the shot of her tush with her cellulite upper thighs and butt hanging out!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Ramona is Ramona...if she doesn't get her Pinot habit under control she will eventually end up on Celebrity Rehab.
    I'm almost embarrassed for Ramona with the way she acts and all the drinking. She is on HSN (at least I think it's HSN) selling her jewelry (very over-priced I might add) and apparently she wants people to take her seriously on there while at the same time she acts like a drunken nut-case on this show? Sheeeshhh!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't understand how these women stand each other. When they get together, they all stand/sit near each other and scream.....everybody wanting to be heard at the same time. I've never enjoyed talking over other people. I'd just as soon leave, and talk to my friends one-on-one, a little later.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I know they are hinting at Romona's drinking....but does that describe the crazy? No Pinot at someone else's birthday party? And then making drama at the party? I hope that level-headed daughter of hers doesn't see this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    Yeah....I really can't stand Sonja....she is such a phony.....

Loved the shot of her tush with her cellulite upper thighs and butt hanging out!
    They could not have paid her enough to do that. LOL

FORT Fogey

Although RHONY has my favourite housewife on it (Alex) it's rapidly becoming my least favourite show, after Atlanta and DC. (I never really watched Miami)

I hope the rumors are true...that Bravo wants to replace all of them.

Good riddance to these phony stars.

Good lord they are an embarrassment to NY and to women.

Quote Originally Posted by megan31917 View Post
    I hope the rumors are true...that Bravo wants to replace all of them.

Good riddance to these phony stars.

Good lord they are an embarrassment to NY and to women.
    I'm not sure it's the women that are the problems. It was my understanding that they do what the producers tell them. We watch and are supposed to be amused/entertained, etc.

It reminds me of professional wrestling. This is no longer a secret, but well known. The matches and the drama that ensues is scripted. It's all predetermined who will win and who will lose. They practice the throws, slams and arguments. The fans all know this, but they still stand and cheer or boo loudly, pulling for their favorite fighter. All of the decisions are made behind the scenes by the executives. They decide who will be a good guy and who will be the bad guy. The wrestlers are under contract and must do whatever they are told.

The reality is that the wrestlers really do get hurt sometimes and they really do dislike other wrestlers sometimes, so they have fun with their role. It's a fantasy land for the fans. I guess that's why it's so popular.

I see Housewives shows like that too. Maybe it's time to retire the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm not sure it's the women that are the problems. It was my understanding that they do what the producers tell them. We watch and are supposed to be amused/entertained, etc.

It reminds me of professional wrestling. This is no longer a secret, but well known. The matches and the drama that ensues is scripted. It's all predetermined who will win and who will lose. They practice the throws, slams and arguments. The fans all know this, but they still stand and cheer or boo loudly, pulling for their favorite fighter. All of the decisions are made behind the scenes by the executives. They decide who will be a good guy and who will be the bad guy. The wrestlers are under contract and must do whatever they are told.

The reality is that the wrestlers really do get hurt sometimes and they really do dislike other wrestlers sometimes, so they have fun with their role. It's a fantasy land for the fans. I guess that's why it's so popular.

I see Housewives shows like that too. Maybe it's time to retire the ladies.
    I don't understand when people say that it's scripted or things like that. Many housewives have said that these things ARE REAL and have happened. The stories aren't made up. It may take weeks and weeks for something to happen, but the show has to be edited so it can make a storyline in the hour episode. I mean, that makes sense. Are you going to sit in front of a TV watching everything in real time for all that time? They have to be directed in some ways.

I guess you're saying that Bethenny and Jill Zarin are really best buddies.

In fact, everything on TV is "orchestrated" -- from talk shows to whatever. They have to be; for timing purposes and audience interest.

Wrestling is something different.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

I don't know how real vs. scripted this show is but I know for certain that if I were a billionaire I wouldn't have a cottage cheese arse & then show it to the world.

+ Reply to Thread