+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I just want to thank all of you for posting your thoughts about this show. I've recorded all of the episodes but cannot bring myself to actually watch. These women offend me so much, most of all Jill Zarin. Since I started with the OC I can barely stand to watch them now. So thanks to all of you brave souls, I catch up vicariously through you. The idea that there is some sort of "social pecking order" amongst these women is laughable. When WWHL had Luanne and Cat from DC on, to comment on the Royal wedding I was embarrassed. Luanne, really! She's a Native American Indian from the wrong side of the tracks in Conn. She hooked up with a wallet and now she is the be all end all expert on everything proper? At least Cat had a little insight into the Monarchy. Anyway, thanks to you all and Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's!

From realityblurred.com:

Bethenny Frankel sold Skinnygirl liquor for $120 million, says her show has one or two more seasons
    Bethenny Frankel »
    by Andy Dehnart / April 21, 2011, 3:34 PM

"...... her Skinnygirl line of margaritas was just sold for about $120 million. In a feature story, The Hollywood Reporter says that her “approximately $120 million deal gives Beam Global complete ownership of Skinnygirl cocktails and any alcoholic beverage under the Skinnygirl umbrella.”

"............ Bethenny says she likewise almost rejected Bravo’s eventual offer, and admits, “I went on the show single-handedly and exclusive for business. I knew it was a risk and I had the most to lose, because I already had a platform. When I went on the show, no one was going on for business, no one had done anything.”

Dunno if this was posted previously; just ran across it, wondering what she sold it for. Now wondering how it went down with jillzarin and crazy ramonasinger , that Bethenny says "...no one was going on for business, no one had done anything". Very funny.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I just have to say how much I love Sonja! She's hilarious, she brings a breath of fresh air to these stuck up snobs.

I think Sonja and Romoana are drinking too much Pinot Grigio this season. And I'm tired of seeing Sonja's azz. I mean who 'forgets' to put their underwear on, come on!
    And Jill, if she wants people to stop confronting her she needs to keep her big mouth shut and quit the back stabbing. Can't stand her!
    Cindy acts like she doesn't know how to be a mother. It seems like the babies are with the nannies more than she is.
    I saw Simon singing on Miss Andy's show. If he has a day job he needs to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    I think Sonja and Romoana are drinking too much Pinot Grigio this season. And I'm tired of seeing Sonja's azz. I mean who 'forgets' to put their underwear on, come on!
    And Jill, if she wants people to stop confronting her she needs to keep her big mouth shut and quit the back stabbing. Can't stand her!
    Cindy acts like she doesn't know how to be a mother. It seems like the babies are with the nannies more than she is.
    I saw Simon singing on Miss Andy's show. If he has a day job he needs to keep it.
    The entire show is a trainwreck and it seems they're picking at straws for a storyline. Jill is embarrassingly delusional. As for Simon? He should be ashamed for that performance (and Alex for supporting him). What a fool. EGADS!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    I just want to thank all of you for posting your thoughts about this show. I've recorded all of the episodes but cannot bring myself to actually watch. These women offend me so much, most of all Jill Zarin. Since I started with the OC I can barely stand to watch them now. So thanks to all of you brave souls, I catch up vicariously through you. The idea that there is some sort of "social pecking order" amongst these women is laughable. When WWHL had Luanne and Cat from DC on, to comment on the Royal wedding I was embarrassed. Luanne, really! She's a Native American Indian from the wrong side of the tracks in Conn. She hooked up with a wallet and now she is the be all end all expert on everything proper? At least Cat had a little insight into the Monarchy. Anyway, thanks to you all and Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's!
    I'm with you, Elleprn - thanks to everyone who posts here - I have this online life for a half hour or so each day; reading, laughing, snarking at the totally offensive HW buffoons. I've watched nearly every episode, and I swear it's more entertaining right here at FORT! Thanks for all those posts; and I hope y'all keep 'em coming!
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Seems to me the Romeana wine line is heavily prompted and scripted, probably leading up to a HW style intervention- guess they need one blasting crazy issue each season. The storyline IMHO is too infantile even for Bravo and the HWs.

Demanding a particular drink at an outdoor afternoon party - or any time - is simply bad manners, and the blathering of a tiny mind.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Yes, it seems the storyline or lack thereof is a problem. I think it would be be
    better if they just let the storyline go on its on without the silly, contrived stuff. It's just not working IMO.

Sonja had on a thong. You could barely see it though. LOL
    I think the party would have been better if they had some music and dancing.

Ramona didn't seem to have put much thought into the party at all. She has lost her charm IMO. I used to like her.

I'm still not liking Kelly at all.

Cindy really got my nerves with all those interruptions to the twin's daddy. He was just playing with them. She so totally overreacted. She admitted a couple of shows back that she knows nothing about child care. I find that easy to believe, because she acts clueless about a lot of things. I think that's why she gets along so well with Kelly. Honestly, I don't know how this woman has made it so well with her hair removal salons. I wonder if that is really how she got her money. She does not strike me as a sharp business person.

Jill seemed to be more like herself last night, but still not really with it.

I guess Alex is my favorite now. Luann not so much.

Simon's singing...I'll post about that on Andy's thread. OMG.

I thought it was kind of funny seeing Kelly as the voice of reason regarding covering up your hiney in your 40's!!!

And Jill was working so hard not to own what she did on that girl's wedding day. She attacked and interrogated the bride because she invited people Jill doesn't like. who does that??

I think Sonja was probably supposed to forget her bloomers. She did have on a thong, if that even matters. You could still see her behind. LOL If not for that, what would they have talked about at the party, except for how cheap it was?

The writers are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel. On the previews from their trip to the middle east, Cindy can only complain that someone took her hangers. LOL

+ Reply to Thread