+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    You know...now that it was mentioned...I can say, with all honesty, I have had people look down upon me because I have an associates degree & not my BA. It is their issue & not mine. I have picked up more knowledge on the job than I would have sitting in a class.
    I would consider myself successful & that is the only approval I need.
    Funny story here - I am a lawyer and the law firm I used to work at was so excited when they got someone from Harvard. Funny part - he failed the bar exam in our State 3 TIMES! I have seen it be true over and over again - pedigree does not necessarily mean a hill of beans. Some of the smartest lawyers I know went to 3rd and 4th tier law schools. And anyone who wants to hire someone based solely off their pedigree - is not a very smart person - at least in the way it really counts! Good for you, PA Snow Bunny!

Ramona's success must be somekinda fluke. Really, the woman seems like such a tinymind. Maybe she's an idiot savant or something. The pinot grigio storyline tonight... and previously... is positively infantile. She got to a party and there was NO PINOT GRIGIO!! Oh, horrors!! I would have suggested she leave immediately.

And the waitress, Sonja, with her pecking order. She's nothing but a tramp with money, has no idea how to conduct herself with courtesy and civility. Keep the entertainment coming, dunces. There's a laughing order, not a pecking order.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fan

Watching last week's episode now. I'm dumbstruck over Luann's attitude about leaving her kids to basically fend for themselves while she "pursues her music career, and spends time with friends and Jacques in the city." That's got to hurt at some level. I get that she may be lonely living out in the Hamptons instead of in the city, and that she is also going through life changes now, but if she is remaining out there "for the kids" then she still needs to put them first and not stay for 2,3,4 nights in the city week after week. Especially true given that she and the Count just divorced. Both parents now gone most of the time. The teen-age years are tough. While teen-agers will assert and test their independence from parents, they still need parents in their lives watching their backs and being their support system.

I was wondering why Sonja is getting so much camera time and I think it's because she is making the biggest jerk of herself this season. I guess we can look forward to her book on etiquette and a toaster oven cookbook. I find it ironic for someone to preach about what one does not do with ones staff and talk about pecking order and then she dresses up like a hooker (and acts like one too) and shows her azz to a bunch of young guys and the world!
    Poor little Frankie, you could tell he really wanted an X-Box instead of that piano for his birthday.
    Cindy always has that look on her face like she can't believe she got into this pyscho drama trainwreck of a show. Didn't she watch before she signed on?
    Jill and Ramoaner making ammends with people is not going to last. They are still going to be mean and snarky. They have to get the camera time away from Sonja somehow.

Unfortunately I watched this episode last night...The Return of The Wicked Witch From The East(West?) Side.

Jilly feels her time in Australia made her realize she has to stop being to mean, gossping & being petty and she must make amends to those she has harmed with her serpent tongue. So who does she go apologize to first...Alex. Okay excuse me but last year Alex gave as good as she got. Jill's first very, very humble apology should have been to Bethenny. I will never get that image if bethenny in her cute red coat being turned away by the Wicked Witch & her side kick Countless. I guess that has been stricken from her memory. Maybe it had something to do with her black hair style

Then we are treated to Jilly meeting up with Lulu. Kellybeans & Sonja & the Queen of Gosspi is back. So much for your vow to not gossip Jilly.

All I can say about Ramona....yes she does tell it like it is...yes she is successful(I guess? although trying to hawk her jewerly to her friends is ummm). If Ramona NEEDS Pinot Grigio every time she is out...perhaps she might have a drinking issue. Hey I'm just putting it out there. I have noticed quite a few slurred words from her this year. Just sayin...

Sonja I have been cooking out of a toaster over for years. Being single it is easier to fire up the toaster oven that heat up my big oven.

Kellybeans is Kellybeans...will always be Kellybeans.

I don't really like this Cindy person at all.....NEXT!

I was always scared of using a toaster oven for some reason. I like to cook but the only thing I've ever made in a toaster oven was, well, toast. I've had a new toaster oven sitting in the box for over a year now.

With the price of every single thing going up every single day maybe I will start considering the toaster oven more often to save some money. Better than heating up an entire oven for a few small items on a regular basis. Plus with summer coming who wants to heat up the entire kitchen?

Did Sonja say she was writing a toaster oven cookbook or did I just dream that? (Sorry, was half asleep during last nite's episode. This season's sooo boring.)

If Sonja actually does come out with a toaster oven cookbook I may just buy it! (Even tho I cannot stand her this season).

The scene with Alex and her son made me feel better. It's difficult to impress kids these days. LOL

All of this focus on drinking is sort of alarming. When someone has to have a drink as soon as they walk in a room, well, they have confidential support groups for things like that. It's a little scary.

The new girl seems out of place. I don't think she has much in common with the ladies, except for Kelly. Wait til she gets hit by the Kelly bomb. She'll wise up.

I would just like to see one ounce of authenticity in Jill. I haven't in along time. Just one sincere moment would be nice. I don't think she will receive true remdemption, until that comes.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Funny story here - I am a lawyer and the law firm I used to work at was so excited when they got someone from Harvard. Funny part - he failed the bar exam in our State 3 TIMES! I have seen it be true over and over again - pedigree does not necessarily mean a hill of beans. Some of the smartest lawyers I know went to 3rd and 4th tier law schools. And anyone who wants to hire someone based solely off their pedigree - is not a very smart person - at least in the way it really counts! Good for you, PA Snow Bunny!
    So right........I've been around litigation attorneys for way too many years -- majority of them are Type A, but the wackiest of all was a Harvard graduate. Was always amazed how he got from the parking structure up to the office. Then again, there are those snobs and, unfortunately, a lot of people are guilty of this. It looks good on the resume though. LOL
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Boy, all these HW shows are getting pretty boring, aren't they?
    I had no idea that Kelly's ex husband had been married to Ell MacPherson, too.
    He may be a great photographer, but he's not at all attractive. Sure manages to wed beautiful women, though.

I enjoyed Jill's talk with Alex. I like that she's trying to make amends. Yes, she's a gossip, but I really don't find her to be malicious, at all. Never have.

I feel sorry for Cindy. She just wants to get name recognition for her stores out there.
    Sonja is really getting to be something, isn't she?

Ramona must be drinking way too much Pinot. She had a big belly in every scene last night.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm probably in the minority here, but I like Sonja. She's blunt and to the point...just like me. LOL! I think she's a breath of fresh air. I'm so sick of the "countless" snotty remarks about etiquette. Jill's constantly putting everyone else down and Ramona is just crazy.

+ Reply to Thread