+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

nah...not just noticing this...just wondering...what's up with it?

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    What is up with all the "Real" housewives not really being housewives? Cindy is the newest "housewife" but she really is not a housewife but a single mother of twins....
    I always thought a housewife as being a wife that was a stay at home mom....I guess Jill the pill comes the closest although her daughter is away at college...
    Ramona works, Kelly is a single mom and allegedly works, Sonja is a single mom, Alex works.....I don't understand why they call the RH franchise "Real Housewives" when they are not even close to being housewives...dont get me wrong...more power to women whoo work and to single mothers out there...was just wondering why Bravo calls them housewives....
    thats all!
    Jill works, too, at Zarin Fabrics, and building her "brand" so to speak. When Luann was married to the Count, she fit the bill closest, in my opinion. Now I don't think any of them of them do. Calling any of these women Housewives is a misnomer, for sure.

New Jersey, on the other hand, seemed to have Dina and that one that was friends with Danielle at first (can't remember her name). OC doesn't have any, and I didn't watch DC, Atlanta, or Miami.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

I think the show is called that because at the time it first started, Desperate Housewives and The OC were two of the really hot shows on TV. The show was meant to portray the real lives of people portrayed in fiction on those shows. On Desperate Housewives, some of the characters are stay home moms, some work, and some are single. So they did the same on the reality show.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    nah...not just noticing this...just wondering...what's up with it?
    I think that ship sailed early - when the first season of NY premiered with Bethenney who wasn't married and had no kids.

Because "housewife" sounds better than "bored old rich lady whose life is a mess".

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    Because "housewife" sounds better than "bored old rich lady whose life is a mess".

I had to come out of lurkdom to agree with you here.

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    love it!!!

Watching a rerun now of the Hamptons wedding....OMG!!! what a bitch Jill Zarin is for saying that Alex was socializing way "above her"....ugh...that sort of stuff just makes me sick! What is funny is that either in the last episode or maybe it was this one, Jill proclaims how she is a changed woman! yeah right Jill....you are a nasty excuse for a human being! No wonder Bethenny dropped your arse!

Yes, the Staten Island nasal shrew is way above everyone, schleping fabric for a living.

I thought last nights' show was a big snore. I am not liking Sonja in this mix. She's uppity, rude and annoying. Does she ever stop talking !? Cindy looks like she's sorry she signed up for this show. Ramona needs to lay off the Pinot, she really acts crazy when she drinks.
    The best part of last nights' show was no Jill again.

+ Reply to Thread