+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2606Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

My upset tummy just got much worse.

Hairdos and Don'ts for April 22 | Gallery | Wonderwall

I just read something that I think would apply to all of the Housewive's franchise's especially NY: "If you have to say something hurtful about someone else, you have no idea how worthless you are as a person".

FORT Regular

Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Why is it such a big deal what color anyone wears??? I would just be happy you were at my wedding.
    A good friend of my husband wore white to our wedding - but not just white, rather an organza-material "see-through" white strapped dress.

I'm not a stickler for etiquette, as hubby and most of his good friends planned our wedding (I moved into his area from out-of-town), but it did stick out in my mind at the wedding. I'm not all about "it's just about me-princess" attitude, so enjoyed the evening regardless, but thought it to be a little inconsiderate. Later (about 2 years or so) down the line, did she realize her "mistake" (she's from an eastern european country) and apologized. Not like I thought overly about it. Funny as someone had pointed it out to her attention when she showed her pictures from the wedding to another friend. Anyways, she was romantically involved with hubby at one point, so maybe had something to do with it...

But why anyone would knowingly try to outshine the bride goes beyond me...but you can see the all-about-me-princess attitude with some of these women.

Quote Originally Posted by freefragrance View Post
    Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post

A good friend of my husband wore white to our wedding - but not just white, rather an organza-material "see-through" white strapped dress.

I'm not a stickler for etiquette, as hubby and most of his good friends planned our wedding (I moved into his area from out-of-town), but it did stick out in my mind at the wedding. I'm not all about "it's just about me-princess" attitude, so enjoyed the evening regardless, but thought it to be a little inconsiderate. Later (about 2 years or so) down the line, did she realize her "mistake" (she's from an eastern european country) and apologized. Not like I thought overly about it. Funny as someone had pointed it out to her attention when she showed her pictures from the wedding to another friend. Anyways, she was romantically involved with hubby at one point, so maybe had something to do with it...

But why anyone would knowingly try to outshine the bride goes beyond me...but you can see the all-about-me-princess attitude with some of these women.
    Wow! Well I can certainly understand being upset if someone wore something bridal gown like to my wedding, especially an ex girlfriend of the groom.

No one was wearing a gown anything like a wedding gown at this wedding though, it wasn't black tie so no gowns at all really, and neither Romona nor Alex wore anything that rivaled the brides dress so I just don't think it was even worth mentioning.

FORT Regular

Yeah and perhaps the bride didn't even care, like me...or did she.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Wow! Well I can certainly understand being upset if someone wore something bridal gown like to my wedding, especially an ex girlfriend of the groom.

No one was wearing a gown anything like a wedding gown at this wedding though, it wasn't black tie so no gowns at all really, and neither Romona nor Alex wore anything that rivaled the brides dress so I just don't think it was even worth mentioning.
    I agree. I thought that rule went out along with no white pants or shoes after Labor Day.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't have one either, but I was thinking of getting one. I have a regular toaster for toast. I'm trying to downsize stuff in my kitchen so didn't replace my toaster oven when it played out 5 years ago.
    If you're trying to downsize stuff in the kitchen, why in the world would you go out and buy, again, what you've already thrown away?? You got rid of it for a reason! I guess if you could have one built-in or mounted under cabinet, that might be different. Would it be worth the bother?? That's up to the individual.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by freefragrance View Post
    Yeah and perhaps the bride didn't even care, like me...or did she.
    I thought the same thing. My wedding was such a blur to me once the vows were done, I don't remember what anybody wore! Only the photos in the album reveal to me what anybody wore because I was so high at the moment (on the moment) I didn't notice or care.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

What is up with all the "Real" housewives not really being housewives? Cindy is the newest "housewife" but she really is not a housewife but a single mother of twins....
    I always thought a housewife as being a wife that was a stay at home mom....I guess Jill the pill comes the closest although her daughter is away at college...
    Ramona works, Kelly is a single mom and allegedly works, Sonja is a single mom, Alex works.....I don't understand why they call the RH franchise "Real Housewives" when they are not even close to being housewives...dont get me wrong...more power to women whoo work and to single mothers out there...was just wondering why Bravo calls them housewives....
    thats all!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    What is up with all the "Real" housewives not really being housewives? Cindy is the newest "housewife" but she really is not a housewife but a single mother of twins....
    I always thought a housewife as being a wife that was a stay at home mom....I guess Jill the pill comes the closest although her daughter is away at college...
    Ramona works, Kelly is a single mom and allegedly works, Sonja is a single mom, Alex works.....I don't understand why they call the RH franchise "Real Housewives" when they are not even close to being housewives...dont get me wrong...more power to women whoo work and to single mothers out there...was just wondering why Bravo calls them housewives....
    thats all!

you are just now noticing this. only a handful of them have ever been housewives in the traditional sense of the word

+ Reply to Thread