+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2466Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    One absolutely does not wear anything coming close to white to a wedding. Not ivory, champagne, nor even light beige. Ramona and Alex were on the wrong side of etiquette to arrive costumed as such. Jill was right about that but also wrong for saying something. The whole lot is beyond declasse, so they're a hoot to watch try to one up each other. As if singing about how money can't buy class will translate into some class status? If Kim Zolciak is your target class, then perhaps.
    I guess Jill needs to tell Queen Elizabeth she's as classless as Ramona and Alex....lol

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    I still have to watch this episode. Regarding toaster ovens, wasn't there a sort of mini-revival of them last year? They were sort of retro-chic like fondue pots or chemex coffee makers for a bit.
    What? Toaster ovens are passe now? Wow! They're so versatile --- it's hard to believe people don't use them.
    I use mine almost every day, and would hate to be without it!

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse View Post
    I guess Jill needs to tell Queen Elizabeth she's as classless as Ramona and Alex....lol
    That pic of Queen Elizabeth dressed all in white at Prince Charles' wedding --- PRICELESS!!! Someone needs to tweet that picture to Jill!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If I had a toaster oven, I'd use it, or if I were given one I'd use it but I wouldn't go out and buy one.

Actually, I don't think I really need anymore intrusive junk on my counter!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Why is it such a big deal what color anyone wears??? I would just be happy you were at my wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Why is it such a big deal what color anyone wears??? I would just be happy you were at my wedding.
    The strict 'Rules of Etiquette' (concerning all social interaction, from what you wore, to how you behaved, to table manners, to thank you notes, etc.) were all a big, big deal up until -- probably the 1960s. After that, they seemed to have gradually lost importance. Most people still try to mind their 'manners' --- but they don't seem to care much about proper etiquette any more --- except Jill and the Countess, of course.

Why are there 7 of these women on this series???

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    If I had a toaster oven, I'd use it, or if I were given one I'd use it but I wouldn't go out and buy one.

Actually, I don't think I really need anymore intrusive junk on my counter!
    I don't have one either, but I was thinking of getting one. I have a regular toaster for toast. I'm trying to downsize stuff in my kitchen so didn't replace my toaster oven when it played out 5 years ago.

I use my toaster oven in the summer. It's better than heating up the whole house with the big oven on.

When I am cooking for just myself I will admit I use my toaster over more than my regular oven.

+ Reply to Thread