+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1506Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I was shocked to hear, from her own mouth, that Alex is in her 30s. She looks like she's easily in her 40s!

And Sonja is one rough, and "broke down" looking woman. She looks like something that the cat "drug in"! Even her cleavage was wrinkly and saggy looking. It was shown to be especailly pronounced, (at the wine tasting or whatever it was), when there was a guy looking down at it, she caught him looking, and she looked down. My only thought was, "Eeeeeewwwwww..!" Of course, guys will look at anything that looks like cleavage, but I'm surprised that he didn't wretch! He looked to be in more disbelief than anything else!
    I caught the look by that guy at the wine party also. Funniest scene from that episode. And the wrinkly old lady cleavage thing, well, aging is ok - but if you're Sonja and trying to look age 20 it's just sad. If the hag would clean up her language, wear appropriate clothing, and stop angling for younger men, she'd be a whole lot more respectable. Maybe she's trying to make up for being married to someone old enough to be her grandfather - the money that dumped her?
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

was Sonja's husband that much older than her? I don't recall any references to his age. I know he was incredibly wealthy and JP Morgan's grandson, but I don't recall seeing anything about him being older

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    was Sonja's husband that much older than her? I don't recall any references to his age. I know he was incredibly wealthy and JP Morgan's grandson, but I don't recall seeing anything about him being older
    I havent seen anything with an exact age, but this link has a picture of him, her, and her daughter at the bottom. He is definitely older. I also saw where he had been married before her and had grandchildren.
    Who was RHNY’s Sonja Tremont Morgan married to / divorced from? Who is Sonja Tremont’s ex husband John Adam Morgan? : starcasm.net

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    I havent seen anything with an exact age, but this link has a picture of him, her, and her daughter at the bottom. He is definitely older. I also saw where he had been married before her and had grandchildren.
    Who was RHNY’s Sonja Tremont Morgan married to / divorced from? Who is Sonja Tremont’s ex husband John Adam Morgan? : starcasm.net

ewwwww. she's no spring chicken herself though, so I don't know if he is quite old enough to be her grandpa. I am sure she was madly in love with him though.

Didn't see a date on this.... an too much to paraphrase, wonder if this is ok to post here? ....From Starcasm website..... "Say it isn’t so! The lovable Sonja Morgan, who added a slight dose of sanity to the explosive Real Housewives of New York is filing for bankruptcy because she is almost $20 million in debt! (Via Us Weekly)

She states in bankruptcy documents: “The decision to seek bankruptcy was not an easy one, but unfortunately, I am at a crossroads in my life.”

This is pretty surprising because she is pretty recently divorced from a JP Morgan heir. It’s also rather shocking because most Real Housewives of New York are pretty savvy about money management.

The bulk of Morgan’s debt (which is about $19.8 million) is coming from a failed movie venture with Hannibal Pictures Inc. She was producing as movie under Sonja Productions called Fast Flash Bang Time. The movie was supposed to star John Travolta, but she claims she had to scrap the movie because the mega-movie star required “various conditions” that Sonja Productions was unable to meet.

Earlier reports about this project say the movie was called The Marsh, and starred Forrest Whittaker. Either way, the film was never made and Hannibal Pictures sued and won a $7 million case against her because of the broken business deal.

This has been quite a crazy year for Sonja. In June she got a DWI for drinking and driving during memorial day festivities, and in early 2010 she was trapped on Scary Island.

Sonja joined Real Housewives to be a marketing platform for future business ventures. She has expressed interest in writing novels and toaster oven cookbooks."
    [/I][/I][/I]
    [/I]
    Wonder how that toaster oven cookbook thing is working out.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Toaster oven cookbook????
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sonia is another one that was very likable last season but this season she's awful!

Maybe I'm a mush but I feel sorry for her - I just see insecurity. When I went through a divorce I felt out-of-control (more like running out of toilet paper than drunk driving however) and I just see her as so hurt. Sonja's artist boyfriend seems to be using her....I wonder how much he is to be blamed for her lack of funds.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fanatic

Sonia is writing a toaster-oven cookbook? Well, if she is in bad financial shape, maybe she had to let the cook go!

FORT Fogey

I still have to watch this episode. Regarding toaster ovens, wasn't there a sort of mini-revival of them last year? They were sort of retro-chic like fondue pots or chemex coffee makers for a bit.

+ Reply to Thread